User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    eNFp
    Enneagram

Default ISTP/ENFP just a theory?

do you guys think this couple would make a good match?
    I have not been with an ISTP, but socionic theory says its great!
    Im not sure why.

Any real life experiences?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

This is all just a theory.

And yes, ISTPs would be your duals. I don't see why it wouldn't work.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

it's great. i'm in a new relationship with one, and i LOVE it. i think there is another thread on this somewhere... i would do a search. i remember CC talking about her experiences with an istp.

my istp is laidback, relaxed and doesn't take any of my emotional tirades to heart. he just sort of rolls with the punches, laughs at me and enjoys my company. he's also really deep and interesting--which surprised me at first cause i thought he would be so "in the moment" that he wouldn't wonder about things he could not see... on the contrary! he likes picking my brain about things and asks a lot of questions.

he's also good for adventures and is spontaneous like me! whee!

and, also surprisingly, it seems he wants to be around me as much as i want to be around him. i thought istps were known for their need for space, but this one doesn't really need it anymore than i do. could just be cause he likes me though. i get the sense he doesn't spend time with many people.

it's a low pressure relationship, feels more like a friendship at times, but is really a lot of fun. i think the only downside might be the fact that neither of us will pay bills on time... and him being more introverted than me. although, again, he has stepped up to the plate and met all of my crazy friends (which could just be him trying to make a good first impression since the relationship is new).

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by hermeticdancer View Post
    Im not sure why.

hey babay

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    it's great. i'm in a new relationship with one, and i LOVE it. i think there is another thread on this somewhere... i would do a search. i remember CC talking about her experiences with an istp.

my istp is laidback, relaxed and doesn't take any of my emotional tirades to heart. he just sort of rolls with the punches, laughs at me and enjoys my company. he's also really deep and interesting--which surprised me at first cause i thought he would be so "in the moment" that he wouldn't wonder about things he could not see... on the contrary! he likes picking my brain about things and asks a lot of questions.

and, also surprisingly, it seems he wants to be around me as much as i want to be around him. i thought istps were known for their need for space, but this one doesn't really need it anymore than i do. could just be cause he likes me though. i get the sense he doesn't spend time with many people.

it's a low pressure relationship, feels more like a friendship at times, but is really a lot of fun. i think the only downside might be the fact that neither of us will pay bills on time... and him being more introverted than me. although, again, he has stepped up to the plate and met all of my crazy friends (which could just be him trying to make a good first impression since the relationship is new).
    you sure he's not INTP?

MBTI
    STP

I think what suprises people the most are what you can figure out just by what you see, hear, etc. the concrete things. I dont think people realize how much there is to see. Its different than listening to someone teach like a DIY channel. Its making all sorts of connections with past and present just from things you take in everyday real time in the moment. That seems to be what my perception of N is.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    STP

Im not sure why.

In theory, we complete you Together we hold the power of all 8 functions in our hand. We can control the universe

Simplified I can make your crazy dreams a reality, or atleast have fun trying. Or maybe I can convince you of being able to attempt my crazy ideas and you will appease me by saying yes

My idea of mounting a tv that raises with the push of a button so I can hide the cable box, etc behind it was shot down

Think INTP that wants to build the things they dream up. So we dont come up with as much, but we want to bring the idea into reality just to say we did it.

You: get your crazy dreams
    Me: get to have fun trying to complete crazy projects

Or is it

You: get to laugh at my crazy project
    Me: gets to realize I really suck at this as I step back and say "what the hell happened" maybe next time I should create a plan, here is what you want :hangs head in shame: its functional and heres how it works.

Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I think this is a good match but a potentially tricky one. (I've dated two ENFP's)

There's a lot of things that can go wrong naturally between the two types.

ENFP's seem to like to push boundaries (in others). They like to test people in order to figure them out. ISTP's tend to like to push their own boundaries. They like to test themselves. The ENFP's I've dealt with do this in a really subtle way but I think ISTP's see through this pretty well and if we don't like where you're pushing and we've expressed this and it continues to happen then the dynamic can deteriorate.

There's also a lot of common ground that if in synch and if the above problems can be negotiated these types can match up beautifully.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I don't think it's strange that he wants to spend time with you. If I'm with someone who I feel *no* pressure with then I become like an elastic band. I never stretch out fully because the person on the other end holding it is never pulling. So there's not as much need for so much space because there is no tension. Which, is why it also feels like a friendship.

With more volatile (not in a bad way) or charged relationships I guarantee he would need a lot more space!
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Im not sure why.

It's better not to lump the two theories together. The way the two theories type people is not the same. An ISTp in socionics is not an ISTP in MBTI.

That said, any type can work well together if they are both willing to see things from the other's perspective.
    Check out my blog: http://OrnateRitual.com