• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISTP/ENFP just a theory?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Seriously, that sounds like how I work with people. And the reason I *loooove* MBTI. Knowing their type means I can jump right in while having already a rough draft of a map. I then verify the map, which takes me like not even a tenth of the time I'd normally take to carefully explore where the pitfalls/ swamps are, what the safe roads are, which parts are hypersensitive and require delicate treatment, etc (people require a bit of a delicate and careful touch so you can't be too hasty or go around breaking shit accidentily), and after that I can start diving into the interesting details :D

And yes..I've done this with some people where after 5 hours of talking I'd go: Btw, what's your name? :blush:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Seriously, that sounds like I work with people. And the reason I *loooove* MBTI. Knowing their type means I can jump right in while having already a rough draft of a map. I then verify the map, which takes me like not even a tenth of the time I'd normally take to carefully explore where the pitfalls/ swamps are, what the safe roads are, which parts are hypersensitive and require delicate treatment, etc (people require a bit of a delicate and careful touch so you can't be too hasty or go around breaking shit accidentily), and after that I can start diving into the interesting details :D

And yes..I've done this with some people where after 5 hours of talking I'd go: Btw, what's your name? :blush:

lol, I always put "Me" at the end of emails and stuff I send to my wife. For our aniversary card I signed it "Me" (A name is a name but only I am me).

I am learning my dynamic nature alot better. I have never minded being put in a box as I have always owned my box ;)

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Seriously, that sounds like how I work with people. And the reason I *loooove* MBTI. Knowing their type means I can jump right in while having already a rough draft of a map. I then verify the map, which takes me like not even a tenth of the time I'd normally take to carefully explore where the pitfalls/ swamps are, what the safe roads are, which parts are hypersensitive and require delicate treatment, etc (people require a bit of a delicate and careful touch so you can't be too hasty or go around breaking shit accidentily), and after that I can start diving into the interesting details :D

weirdo.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol, I always put "Me" at the end of emails and stuff I send to my wife. For our aniversary card I signed it "Me" (A name is a name but only I am me).

I am learning my dynamic nature alot better. I have never minded being put in a box as I have always owned my box ;)

Takes one to know one :smooch:

LEGERdeMAIN

I just go with my intuition. I'd rather treat people as the complex individuals they are than a point on a vast monotone plane.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just go with my intuition. I'd rather treat people as the complex individuals they are than a point on a vast monotone plane.

You think that that's what I do? If anything, I value and revel at the complexity that an individual beholds.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As much as it pains me to do this, I have to agree with you.

Js think alike :yim_rolling_on_the_ lol, i didnt start this war:happy:, but I sure will have fun with it ;) maybe thats the type 5 complex. You are stuck in your head because you want to be that people person, but there is just to damn much complexity within the detail. Its ok we still love you:hug:.

Im gonna have fun with this. Zing, zing :cheese:

If this really does get under your skin PM me and I will stop.

Jaguar

Js think alike :yim_rolling_on_the_ lol, i didnt start this war:happy:, but I sure will have fun with it ;) maybe thats the type 5 complex. You are stuck in your head because you want to be that people person, but there is just to damn much complexity within the detail. Its ok we still love you:hug:.

Im gonna have fun with this. Zing, zing

I like that secret message of yours. :D
Now, tell me, what is your post about? You lost me.

I may be a J, but MaybeLogic is allegedly a P.
As a matter of fact, I don't know what the hell he's doing.
First he starts out as an INFP, then he changed his type to ISTP.
How strange is that?

So why are you quoting a J and a P, and then talking about J's thinking alike?
I don't get it.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sometimes it's difficult to pin down a type. I didn't know to look for something else until I read a few INTP forums.

I generally like INTP's but omfg did reading their post ever make mah' head hurt. :yes:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

How strange is that?

I don't get it.

Inside joke, several on here keep trying to say I am an ISTJ function wise. Its spread out through a couple threads in random places. Using socionics to say that since I am ISTp that means I am ISTJ here. It all started because they didnt relate to what I was saying I think.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sometimes it's difficult to pin down a type. I didn't know to look for something else until I read a few INTP forums.

I generally like INTP's but omfg did reading their post ever make mah' head hurt. :yes:

Yeah I gave up with them when someone posted a problem and everyone started hypothesizing and it seemed like I was the only one who asked questions and wanted to dig in. They seemed to get into discussions with themselves about who was right and wrong and didnt actually dig into the problem.

IMHO INTP does a better job at coming up with new patterns and theories, not applying a theory to real life as they get stuck in the detail because theories never fit perfectly. Where as I tend to merge, bend, twist theories to come up with something that matches real life as close as possible knowing that the details will not always line up. Its like a fuzzy logic. This is what I think some ISTPs on here fear, that others will make some hard line decisions that cant be revoked because of this lack of detail. Why? I dont know, you will have to go back and look at their life to figure out what drives this.

edit: to show my dynamic nature I came up with the bolded as I typed, not actually trying to think about what the cause is.

edit again: to me this is serendipity and is something that I heavily depend on when problem solving.

Jaguar

Inside joke, several on here keep trying to say I am an ISTJ function wise. Its spread out through a couple threads in random places. Using socionics to say that since I am ISTp that means I am ISTJ here. It all started because they didnt relate to what I was saying I think.

Tell them about your "car action."
That'll shut them up. :D

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Tell them about your "car action."
That'll shut them up. :D

dude, its a truck with a sway bar:devil: I scare the crap outta cars though as its a 2007 Tundra and dwarfs cars. Had a Chevy SS truck start chirping his tires in traffic the other day so I exited with him, pulled up and started revving. We were 4 cars from the light and I looked over and just lit my tires up and by the time the light turned red we both had the place covered in smoke. By visual identification he was probably an NT type. He did kinda scare me once when his truck lunged forward because he wasnt properly using his brakes while lighting up the tires surrounded by cars.

LEGERdeMAIN

How strange is that?

I don't get it.

I lean towards P. I reserve the right to change my brain through intense yoga, changes in diet and psychoactive drugs.

thinkinjazz

MBTI Type
ENFP

Does that work? I'd worry about molding the relationship before I've had a chance to let it give me some more info- letting it breath

That is, I'm trying that now and I'm still letting it just speak to me- just to see what happens if I just watch

Jaguar

dude, its a truck with a sway bar:devil: I scare the crap outta cars though as its a 2007 Tundra and dwarfs cars. Had a Chevy SS truck start chirping his tires in traffic the other day so I exited with him, pulled up and started revving. We were 4 cars from the light and I looked over and just lit my tires up and by the time the light turned red we both had the place covered in smoke. By visual identification he was probably an NT type. He did kinda scare me once when his truck lunged forward because he wasnt properly using his brakes while lighting up the tires surrounded by cars.

Did he flip you the bird?
I have my middle finger insured for 2 million. :D

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Did he flip you the bird?
I have my middle finger insured for 2 million. :D

He did look a little ticked right as I lit my tires up, like WTF. I couldnt help but smile and laugh though, with tinted windows I dont think he noticed. He started it:devil:, I do it all in fun. Right after I lit them up though I lost focus of him and my focus went 100% to what I was doing and my surrounding, thats why it kinda scared me when his truck lunged forward.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This unspoken language is STPs projection of feelings and NFPs projection of thoughts Or is it the NFPs reading into what they think an STP is sending out?

Or maybe its just the joy of trying to figure out if its a sign or just a coincidence:devil:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Does that work? I'd worry about molding the relationship before I've had a chance to let it give me some more info- letting it breath

That is, I'm trying that now and I'm still letting it just speak to me- just to see what happens if I just watch

Well, I described the condensed and most intense version of it. This especially happens when I really really feel connected to the other person instantly, and they seem ok with the intensity (not many can do that instantly, cranking it up abruptly scares most). I usually do short intense bursts, with plenty of intervals, or relaxed but long convo's with plenty of breaks (from the emotional digging, I mean). It tends to balance out that way ;)

As you said though, I came to these 'methods' by just going with the flow and seeing what most people find comfortable.