User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    Interesting that you describe the communication as smooth...
    I know, its a combination of me living completely in the moment and a busy body that likes to challenge myself and NFP desire to reach an ideal. They provide the emotional drive I provide the physical drive. Because of my natural tendencies to just detach I can escape from the drive when I need to without any feelings of guilt and then just jump right back in. I also allow the communication to derail to other topics without getting lost in the hustle and bustle and chaos.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ENFP

I can see how that would work actually... I'm just think ing of my communication with an ISTP... we seemed to know what the other was thinking on almost psychic levels... Now that goes against most MBTi theory which suggests that it is the N or S in common that provides this level of ease of communication... Wondering do you have a sense of this... or is it the ENFP projecting this on to the communication
    ... couldn't drag me away

eljko Ranatovic: argus
    eljko Ranatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    eljko Ranatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I know a male ENFP female ISTP couple. I lold, because in the beginning he was so clingy and she was always telling him to stop it and pushing him away. Don't ask me how it works.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm not sure it would work long-term. At least for me.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I find that ISTPs tend to be very 'minimalistic' in their communications and very much to the point. I also think our Fi acts like a mirror for their Se, making body language and 'actions', as well as anything communicated in a non-verbal way (intonation for instance) the main language between us, one we both understand very well. And..they rule at that language. I personally love that mode of communication. I do notice some more difficulty when my Ne goes crazy on them though or when they go really overboard on Ti (much like with an INTP, but usually INTPs are worse still)
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ISTP

I've never dated an ENFP, but I have a great ENFP friend who talks about MBTI things with me and he's awesome. He's dating an ISTP last I heard and apparently they're having a good time.

I have another really close friend that is INFP and sometimes she drives me a little crazy, but she's about as genuine and caring as people get. We don't agree on everything and we don't think about things the same way, but she's good to me and she seems to understand how I work pretty well.

Given comments in other threads, XNFP types seem to really like us ISTPs! With my limited experience, I tend to like you guys back. I think the problem for me is dealing with feelings. I know you let feelings take the wheel and I don't understand that most of the time. I think I can say that I've honestly put forth a good effort in the past couple of years to be more tolerant and a bit more understanding of people who are run by emotions. I think I've also tried exploring my own feelings a little (and that's saying a LOT). I have an ISTP friend who is a bit behind me in this progress and I wonder how I made some of the friends that I have. I think he's behind because he never thought about it until a few months ago when I told him about MBTI. Honestly, I hadn't really thought about it either. In college I was going through a phase when my friends weren't there for me, classes were rough and I was generally unhappy with a lot of things, so I got into this personality stuff. It took awhile to sink in, but I've learned a lot about myself and other people. I've started to be more aware of other people's feelings, how they react to things I say (altho I'm still oblivious a lot of the time).

Anyway, that was a tangent... In short "Go ENFPs!!!"
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I find that ISTPs tend to be very 'minimalistic' in their communications and very much to the point. I also think our Fi acts like a mirror for their Se, making body language and 'actions', as well as anything communicated in a non-verbal way (intonation for instance) the main language between us, one we both understand very well. And..they rule at that language. I personally love that mode of communication. I do notice some more difficulty when my Ne goes crazy on them though or when they go really overboard on Ti (much like with an INTP, but usually INTPs are worse still)
    I would agree to the Fi-Se mirror scenario and the intonations. I can see the Ne-Ti diffuculty. With an ISTP its like cant you see this is logical and I will explain it in detail. Like an INTP huh, . This is my defense mechanism We are much better at showing something than explaining it, or atleast I am as thats how I learned. I will even take something over and do it myself not because others arent capable, but because I am not capable of explaining it.

edit: how does your Ne go crazy? I am having difficulty pin pointing Ne to something concrete.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    I would agree to the Fi-Se mirror scenario and the intonations. I can see the Ne-Ti diffuculty. With an ISTP its like cant you see this is logical and I will explain it in detail. Like an INTP huh, . This is my defense mechanism We are much better at showing something than explaining it, or atleast I am as thats how I learned. I will even take something over and do it myself not because others arent capable, but because I am not capable of explaining it.
    ha! the bolded print is SO right on it's not even funny.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post

edit: how does your Ne go crazy? I am having difficulty pin pointing Ne to something concrete.
    Well, it manifests in feeding Fi like mad.. So...that means, I'm going to take you apart, emotionally. And I'll use Ne to do it, asking you random questions and using your answers as pieces in the puzzle. As I refine the puzzle, I'll ask follow-up questions, double back on myself to verify I got all the angles right and jump to the next area. This tends to leave the other person, especially if they're S I've found, disoriented.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    ha! the bolded print is SO right on it's not even funny.
    Yeeeeeeeeess....... Soooo truuueee!

And as for the OP... I love ENFPs. My sister is one (We're partners in crime) and one of my close friends/ person I dated is one. But I'm currently a bit jaded with the latter one so I don't have much more feedback than that...at least for the moment
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.