User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 26

  1. #1
    Senior Member Bamboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    XXFP
    Posts
    2,706

    Default How to take an ISTP and figure out every aspect of how they function - PERFECTLY

    Hey I was just wondering if you guys could tell me the specifics of my situation based on a generalized system made up of people with widely disparate personal beliefs but have a few traits in common. It's a small request, I'm really just looking to take a reserved, private, individualistic person and figure out everything there is to possible to know about them, without actually having to go through the tiresome task of talking to them about it. Especially everything involving their love life and emotions. Once I have all these details I'm not gonna obsess or anything, I'm just really really curious, and maybe I need to have some fail-proof plans to make sure he loves me, because people are easy to predict like that.

    Help, please? I'm a damsel in distress, come to my rescue .
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,636

    Default

    I propose the damsel's should embark on the study of Quantum Beer Theory.

    "The experience of beer is flavor, and I find the essential experience of beer flavor arises from conflict. Within each and every real beer, two sides of taste struggle for supremacy: Hops and Malt. The malt side represents the sweet Earth: that dark, base smell coyly hinting at the sweet secrets within; the alluring, elemental color. By contrast, the sharp hops add the bitterness, the definition-- they give your taste buds something to focus on, they bring the malt flavor into sharp relief. The hops remind us that nothing is simple, and everything has its price. When you enjoy a beer these two sides wage a war to dominate your palate, and the best beers happen when the two sides become entrenched in defensible positions, protracting the battle into epic proportions."

    And apply it to ISTPs.

    The experience of ISTP is flavor, and I find the essential experience of ISTP flavor arises from conflict. Within each and every real ISTP, two sides of taste struggle for supremacy: Thinking and Sensing. The Sensing side represents the sweet Earth: that dark, base smell coyly hinting at the sweet secrets within; the alluring, elemental color. By contrast, the sharp Thinking add the bitterness, the definition-- they give your taste buds something to focus on, they bring the Sensing flavor into sharp relief. The Thinking remind us that nothing is simple, and everything has its price. When you enjoy a ISTP these two sides wage a war to dominate your palate, and the best ISTP happen when the two sides become entrenched in defensible positions, protracting the battle into epic proportions.

    Yes, Quantum Beer Theory is the key to understanding an ISTP.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    Hey I was just wondering if you guys could tell me the specifics of my situation based on a generalized system made up of people with widely disparate personal beliefs but have a few traits in common. It's a small request, I'm really just looking to take a reserved, private, individualistic person and figure out everything there is to possible to know about them, without actually having to go through the tiresome task of talking to them about it. Especially everything involving their love life and emotions. Once I have all these details I'm not gonna obsess or anything, I'm just really really curious.

    Help, please? I'm a damsel in distress, come to my rescue .
    Your a woman?

    Its called perception A person has a mask and they have who they display to the world. When you talk to them how do you know if your talking to the mask or to them? Either way do you really learn anything unless they themselves want to open up?

    Talking just to talk is overrated IMHO. Everything you do affects how that person is gonna respond. Thats life. Being perceptive is more than just talking and listening. Its watching how they respond to things in their life other than you. All they show to you is what they want to, all they show to Joe Shmoe down the street is what they want to. How can you truly know someone unless you actually piece it all together?
    Im out, its been fun

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Are you not feeling very ISTPish?
    Im out, its been fun

  5. #5
    Controlled Mischief StephMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp
    Posts
    1,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    Hey I was just wondering if you guys could tell me the specifics of my situation based on a generalized system made up of people with widely disparate personal beliefs but have a few traits in common. It's a small request, I'm really just looking to take a reserved, private, individualistic person and figure out everything there is to possible to know about them, without actually having to go through the tiresome task of talking to them about it. Especially everything involving their love life and emotions. Once I have all these details I'm not gonna obsess or anything, I'm just really really curious, and maybe I need to have some fail-proof plans to make sure he loves me, because people are easy to predict like that.

    Help, please? I'm a damsel in distress, come to my rescue .
    Hahaha... you crack me up, Bamboo. I sense only a slight bit of exasperation.

    ... But just for kicks and giggles, I'll agree with SLiPpY's Quantum Beer Theory.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    The experience of ISTP is flavor, and I find the essential experience of ISTP flavor arises from conflict. Within each and every real ISTP, two sides of taste struggle for supremacy: Thinking and Sensing. The Sensing side represents the sweet Earth: that dark, base smell coyly hinting at the sweet secrets within; the alluring, elemental color. By contrast, the sharp Thinking add the bitterness, the definition-- they give your taste buds something to focus on, they bring the Sensing flavor into sharp relief. The Thinking remind us that nothing is simple, and everything has its price. When you enjoy a ISTP these two sides wage a war to dominate your palate, and the best ISTP happen when the two sides become entrenched in defensible positions, protracting the battle into epic proportions.

    Yes, Quantum Beer Theory is the key to understanding an ISTP.
    Ok, im having some serious problems now. ISTP tasting. Enjoy an ISTP, complications this tasting causes because of enjoyment. Must supress ESTP tendencies, must..................escape...................gut ter.
    Im out, its been fun

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    I is suspicious there is something occurring for bamboo.

    Just above the radar? hmm...wonder what it could be?

    Im out, its been fun

  8. #8
    Plumage and Moult proteanmix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    5,514

    Default

    Most excellent thread Bamboo!
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

  9. #9
    Senior Member Bamboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    XXFP
    Posts
    2,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    I sense only a slight bit of exasperation.
    Who me?

    ... But just for kicks and giggles, I'll agree with SLiPpY's Quantum Beer Theory.
    Tangents nicely to:

    Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    I propose the damsel's should embark on the study of Quantum Beer Theory.

    The experience of ISTP is flavor, and I find the essential experience of ISTP flavor arises from conflict. Within each and every real ISTP, two sides of taste struggle for supremacy: Thinking and Sensing. The Sensing side represents the sweet Earth: that dark, base smell coyly hinting at the sweet secrets within; the alluring, elemental color. By contrast, the sharp Thinking add the bitterness, the definition-- they give your taste buds something to focus on, they bring the Sensing flavor into sharp relief. The Thinking remind us that nothing is simple, and everything has its price. When you enjoy a ISTP these two sides wage a war to dominate your palate, and the best ISTP happen when the two sides become entrenched in defensible positions, protracting the battle into epic proportions.

    Yes, Quantum Beer Theory is the key to understanding an ISTP.
    This is very wise.

    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Your a woman?
    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Are you not feeling very ISTPish?
    You have a strength poki. It's taking things as they present themselves to you.

    Perhaps you are a little too strong. Just to make sure: it's satire.


    Still I like this:

    Its called perception A person has a mask and they have who they display to the world. When you talk to them how do you know if your talking to the mask or to them? Either way do you really learn anything unless they themselves want to open up?

    Talking just to talk is overrated IMHO. Everything you do affects how that person is gonna respond. Thats life. Being perceptive is more than just talking and listening. Its watching how they respond to things in their life other than you. All they show to you is what they want to, all they show to Joe Shmoe down the street is what they want to. How can you truly know someone unless you actually piece it all together?
    Solid advice.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    You have a strength poki. It's taking things as they present themselves to you.

    Perhaps you are a little too strong. Just to make sure: it's satire.


    I was trying to avoid the satire. Protection mode coming out as a peacemaker. Answering the seriousness of the post avoiding the satire portion.
    Im out, its been fun

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2012, 12:28 PM
  2. [ENFJ] ENFJs and Figuring out a person
    By Ozz in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-12-2011, 01:48 PM
  3. [ISTP] How to keep an ISTP
    By Poki in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 11-24-2009, 02:22 PM
  4. [ISTP] Married to an ISTP and need help!
    By CestMoi in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 02-25-2008, 10:00 PM
  5. Trying to type an ISTP/ISTJ
    By DaRick in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-05-2008, 07:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO