User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Trust an ISTP

MBTI
    STP

Default Trust an ISTP

I need those around me to trust me. Trust me and listen to me in what I need, what I think, what I say.

For a person that is in the moment we act alot on what is concrete without always digging into the why. We know what works, but when you ask why, we dont know why, just what is needed to reach what you want, what I want. I dont have explanations or reasons, its just something that works on the outside. If you fight it, do not blame me for what happens as you went against what I need. While it does not get to the root it does buy time to allow us to get to the root of the problem.

Sorry, but some people dont try to understand cause and affect. If I tell you what I need and you go against it dont blame me for my actions or next time I will not go against what I need. What you have just done is put into concrete form what happens when I do that and it will be done to protect you from my actions. So if you cant handle the response dont go against what I need. If you can handle it then feel free to go against what I need and deal with the outcome. It will then put into concrete form that you know what I need better than I do.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

That sounds like you want it your way irregardless of what people around you may feel or want? Am I understanding you correctly?

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    That sounds like you want it your way irregardless of what people around you may feel or want? Am I understanding you correctly?
    Not really. I know what I can handle and what I cant. I will push myself to the edge and bend as much as I internally can. So when I speak about what I need I do not have lots of room left to wiggle. This generally does not happen often, but when it does understand that I do it because i dont know any other way.

Basically, I dont cry wolf unless I need to. When I do dont push buttons unless you know what your doing. Trust that when I hit this point I cannot physically/mentally bend internally any more and I will make things bend externally.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

I is suspicious there is something occurring for poki.

Just underneath the radar? hmm...wonder what it could be?

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    I is suspicious there is something occurring for poki.

Just underneath the radar? hmm...wonder what it could be?

Have fun, I can hug the terrain like there is no tomorrow

Of course in my nature I will always dart in and out of range and send up false messages. I mean you gotta make it fun. Its like connect the dots, but there is just way to many If you connect those it looks like a hippo, but if you connect these it looks like a banana. If you connect these.... get your mind outta the gutter.

or this could be just to mislead you

oh and most of what I try to deal with or understand is something in the past that I am starting to understand better, hindsight is 20/20. <-- and this is not meant to mislead.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

So...do ISTPs return this trust?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ISTP

always search for truth beyond what you know, trust yourself enough to learn who to trust and how much, but expect nothing of others except human nature.

trust is the only solution to gaps in accountability, it is up to you to determine how big these gaps ought to be. nobody should be entirely free of accountability, and so nobody can be trusted entirely.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Have fun, I can hug the terrain like there is no tomorrow

Of course in my nature I will always dart in and out of range and send up false messages. I mean you gotta make it fun. Its like connect the dots, but there is just way to many If you connect those it looks like a hippo, but if you connect these it looks like a banana. If you connect these.... get your mind outta the gutter.

or this could be just to mislead you

oh and most of what I try to deal with or understand is something in the past that I am starting to understand better, hindsight is 20/20. <-- and this is not meant to mislead.

Ah, poki been cold busted!

Quick someone go find an NF who can perform the "Feeling heimlich manuever" on an ISTP!

Yeh, I had a inkling and sometimes it's not until years later that 20/20 kicks in and I'm like, ok now I get it...at least a little bit better.

This is about the point where the thread should change subjects.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    So...do ISTPs return this trust?
    I try to. When another person lies to me I try to understand why. Until I do I trust that they did it for a reason. If someone hides something or just cant explain something I trust that they know what they are doing. If me and someone else are working hard on a project and they decide they need to change, I may try and understand why, but if they just say its something I need to do I would trust them without a fight or a reason from them. I will go so far as to make up a reason that they can just agree with to agree with.

Call me niave, an enabler, etc. I know we all have limits, we all have things we need to work through. Things we cant deal with. I trust that people are working through things. I even go so far to trust that people dont always know what they are working through either. This is my gentleness. I try to back down when someone is on the edge without leaving them hanging. i just need to know which direction they need me to go, which is what advice I offer others when I am on that edge.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    Ah, poki been cold busted!

Quick someone go find an NF who can perform the "Feeling heimlich manuever" on an ISTP!

Yeh, I had a inkling and sometimes it's not until years later that 20/20 kicks in and I'm like, ok now I get it...at least a little bit better.

This is about the point where the thread should change subjects.
    Im trying to get stuff out there so people can understand an ISTP and it is revealing which is strange and hard for an ISTP. My 20/20 is kicking in a little faster these days. I think I am down within a few months. Maybe its something with age, or maybe its these NF types showing interest. Any sooner and I am gonna have to back off, cant have everyone knowing my immediate business.
    Im out, its been fun