User Tag List

First 234

Thread: Trust an ISTP

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

That's why I say Quantum Beer Theory unifies and answers everything!

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    That's why I say Quantum Beer Theory unifies and answers everything!
    Indeed it does. You're clearly more succinct than me.
    Check out my blog: http://OrnateRitual.com

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Not really. I know what I can handle and what I cant. I will push myself to the edge and bend as much as I internally can. So when I speak about what I need I do not have lots of room left to wiggle. This generally does not happen often, but when it does understand that I do it because i dont know any other way.

Basically, I dont cry wolf unless I need to. When I do dont push buttons unless you know what your doing. Trust that when I hit this point I cannot physically/mentally bend internally any more and I will make things bend externally.
    I know what you're saying because it happens to me in a way (at least in terms of expression). For different reasons probably than you, I try to work out my own issues & protect people from what I need or from feeling obligated to give to me. Then when I can think of no way to help myself (and still stay out of conflict with another) I will then tell that person what I need from them. By the time I'm doing this I am extremely vulnerable, but because I am normally emotional in other ways it seems shallow and usually isn't taken very seriously. Sometimes I can just need and need and need but I CAN NOT bend things externally if I feel like I am directly pushing a person. So I'm crying wolf for way too long.

My ISTP has said & shown things before that sound similar. He can stretch for others, and he won't really say anything about it, but he gets to a certain point where he snaps back like a rubber band. He'll let you know right before he snaps but by then there isn't much he can do about it at that point. Its more of a warning that its going to happen so that you can make it easier on yourself by giving him space. I know this isn't exactly what you're talking about but it seems related.

Quote Originally Posted by Heinel View Post
    Yeah this actually got me thinking a bit. It seems like the only sure fire way to get to an ISTP is indeed to do a leap of faith. It stabilizes us, and allow us to proceed at our own pace.
    Oh man, so true. With nearly every beginning or long-standing conflict involving an ISTP too. Pushing in any way causes such a resistance that movement towards anything becomes almost glacial. If you give it that "whatever! we'll get there." attitude though, they will just surprise the hell out of you. Of course... that kind of thing completely destabilizes some (like me).

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by toast View Post
    Oh man, so true. With nearly every beginning or long-standing conflict involving an ISTP too. Pushing in any way causes such a resistance that movement towards anything becomes almost glacial. If you give it that "whatever! we'll get there." attitude though, they will just surprise the hell out of you. Of course... that kind of thing completely destabilizes some (like me).
    Hmm. That's actually not what I meant. Though I think it does fit your situation well. Maybe you should find another source for stability, like maybe someone you can talk your problems to. Get to know his friends, or something.
    Check out my blog: http://OrnateRitual.com