Thread: Trust an ISTP

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    I try to. When another person lies to me I try to understand why. Until I do I trust that they did it for a reason. If someone hides something or just cant explain something I trust that they know what they are doing. If me and someone else are working hard on a project and they decide they need to change, I may try and understand why, but if they just say its something I need to do I would trust them without a fight or a reason from them. I will go so far as to make up a reason that they can just agree with to agree with.

Call me niave, an enabler, etc. I know we all have limits, we all have things we need to work through. Things we cant deal with. I trust that people are working through things. I even go so far to trust that people dont always know what they are working through either. This is my gentleness. I try to back down when someone is on the edge without leaving them hanging. i just need to know which direction they need me to go, which is what advice I offer others when I am on that edge.
    I like
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

If I tell you what I need and you go against it dont blame me for my actions or next time I will not go against what I need.
    So no, second chances poki? No benefit of the doubt, no they may not have fully understood me...blah blah. This is such an ISTP thing to say.

We dont know why, just what is needed to reach what you want, what I want. I dont have explanations or reasons, its just something that works on the outside. Sorry, but some people dont try to understand cause and affect. .
    Why don't you have explanations/reasons? For example, I eat cos i am hungry, and I also know I have to have food inorder to feed that hunger. You're saying ISTPs only know the latter?!

Sorry but isn't knowing the reasons why you want something simple, especially for Ts?

Also Amar asked a good question, if you want others to trust you, do you trust them in return...or do different rules apply for you guys.

MBTI
    XXFP

I don't know what this thread is about, but I trust myself to figure it out.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Yeh, I know... Hope you didn't mind a little "self/type" recognition teasing.

We're just funny like that.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by cooliogirly1000 View Post
    So no, second chances poki? No benefit of the doubt, no they may not have fully understood me...blah blah. This is such an ISTP thing to say.

Why don't you have explanations/reasons? For example, I eat cos i am hungry, and I also know I have to have food inorder to feed that hunger. You're saying ISTPs only know the latter?!

Sorry but isn't knowing the reasons why you want something simple, especially for Ts?

Also Amar asked a good question, if you want others to trust you, do you trust them in return...or do different rules apply for you guys.
    If I told you what I needed, you went against it and then blamed me for my response how do you want me to respond?

Simple example, I cant handle it when you do XYZ, you do XYZ and I get frustrated, you then jump on me for getting frustrated.

And in return if you try to meet what I ask and you change from who I believe you are I will do what it takes to allow you to be yourself and something else external will change.

Just be warned that if I dont like XYZ and it is part of who you are there is only so much change that can happen outside of me and you before we become so far apart the relationship just wont work.

When its simple things yes the reasons are simple.

The strange things about NFPs are the things that I ask them to change are because I am married and I am working to keep a distance.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Ah. I think this is a case of NFP boundary pushing and STP line drawing.

Been there. Done that.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Yeah this actually got me thinking a bit. It seems like the only sure fire way to get to an ISTP is indeed to do a leap of faith. It stabilizes us, and allow us to proceed at our own pace.
    Check out my blog: http://OrnateRitual.com

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by cooliogirly1000 View Post
    It is a case of one of 2 things that I can figure. Lack of Te which causes us to have problems organizing our thoughts into something coherent and inferior Fe which causes us to be unable to organize the reasons behind our feelings.

They are both very draining things for us to do and takes a tremendous amount of energy. The result though is a very deep understanding of what is concrete.

Se though doesnt affect me one bit. I live for external perception, to understand what I see. It can even feed me with energy like in the case of concerts, driving, etc.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Beer!

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Ah. I think this is a case of NFP boundary pushing and STP line drawing.

Been there. Done that.
    I will push the boundaries also, just in different ways. I grew up with alot of NFP types, I understand the boundary pushing and I am used to it. Its interesting to watch because its completely new to my wife and she doesnt know how to handle it. I can shut things off when I want to and decide what I choose to let out. I know what a healthy NFP looks like vs an unhealthy one.
    Im out, its been fun