User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Default ISFP..Moving to a new area?

Hi All!

So it has been a long time since i've posted. I could use some advice I have just recently moved from the East Coast to Phoenix and I was wondering if anyone else has been through the same. I moved here with 2 friends who are in a relationship which is weird but I'm getting used to it..both are EN*J's and we do things together I feel I am totally out of the loop because they talk about things that aren't interesting to me so I sit there and don't say much...so I would like to rely less on them...if that makes sense.

I guess my main question is how have you gone about meeting new people and striking up conversations with them to make friends? I have come to find out that this is the hardest thing for me and I really miss the connections with people at home. Oddly enough I enjoy going out to clubs and bars for the experience, music, and stimulation mostly but small talk is really difficult. This is an interesting challenge for me because i've never really had to before I lived in the same state my whole life and have always had the same friends...

Anyways Thanks for the advice and hello again!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Reading the post and having moved with friends, I'd guess you're in your twenties.

Best suggestion would be to join the Phoenix Jaycees. You'll meet a lot of single people in their twenties and thirties, and get to participate in group activities.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

you are correct! I am in my early 20s! Hmm thanks i'll have to look into that!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

We had a young guy transfer in for work in our area. He didn't know anybody.

Suggested that, and suddenly within a month he had a whole new life.

It's a great organization for young men and women to mingle and do positive things within a community at the same time.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

yeah that organization sounds really interesting..I was just reading about it the only problem with my current job is I work in different cities all over the country so I'm in PHX tomorrow fly out east for thanksgiving for a week and then fly to Sacramento the next for work for 2 weeks and then I maybe back for a day then I have to go somewhere else! So my job is pretty crazy and i'm trying to get a job out here in my industry but it's hard!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

hmm...there's also the 20/30 club which is an organization for business men in their twenties and thirties in Phoenix. Guessing gender is sometimes difficult on a website, but if you happen to be male, that might be a good way to hook some insider help in landing a local job.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

yeah i'm male so I will have to look into that as well! Thanks for the tips I'm down with getting out of the house and exploring the city rather than dealing with the lovebirds who are all about each other lol but I guess that is what love is about!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Well I'd guessed as much, as to gender and hope the tips help.

Oh, and by the way, "I'm down with..." is a registered ISTP TradeMark.

You owe the next ISTP you meet a beer and twenty bucks.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

LoL I've often thought i'm an ISTP considering my line of work is remote troubleshooting in the IT world dealing with B/S all day while on doing consulting work on customer sites. But I always test F! Oh and $20 psssh I can get you 10 beers at a bar I go to in Chandler!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JRT View Post
    LoL I've often thought i'm an ISTP considering my line of work is remote troubleshooting in the IT world dealing with B/S all day while on doing consulting work on customer sites. But I always test F! Oh and $20 psssh I can get you 10 beers at a bar I go to in Chandler!
    hmm...you said 10 beers and used the ISTP TM.

I think it's more likely you're a T. Speaking of B/S all day, would you rather go have a beer with an IT
    Co-worker, or a customer?