User Tag List

First 123 Last

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    It's nice to see the topic has broader type appeal. And for MDP2525 are friends pretty understanding when you want to roam on your own?

And for perfectgirl, there was a girl in my day care class that would lay on her side with one eye open. She was sneaking out too, and would wait until I'd already gone to move. But never saw here "out" until two weeks before the end of the session.

We got cold busted raiding the refrigerator, had our milk and cookies out on the counter. lol

They watched us like hawks after that. Got so frustrated because I couldn't get up and move around, I'd rub my forehead across the nylon cot until it turned bright red.
    I like this topic! So that was you I went exploring with! Sounds like we went to the same daycare. I got in trouble for stuff and the teachers made me write a 100 times I would never do it again.... but, but... how could I say I would never do it again? I'm innocent!!! Honestly, now that I'm thinking about it, I'm still confused. What did I do so wrong? grrrr...

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    I use to always get on my bike and just go for rides. When I would stay at my cousins we were always heading off into the hills, dirt tracks. I loved creeks, etc.
    argh, when I was a young lad and was learning to ride a bicycle, I would ride around the neighbor hood during the weekdays. After a few months I started riding down different streets in different neighborhoods and often I got completely lost while taking in all of the new scenery. I always figured out how to get back home, but many times I didn't get back until it was dark out, which led to many a great trouble at the house.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    I use to always get on my bike and just go for rides. When I would stay at my cousins we were always heading off into the hills, dirt tracks. I loved creeks, etc.
    ...Sounds like fun times!!!

When I was a kid I loved creeks too. My older sister and I would look for tadpoles and sometimes we got lucky and found these little bity tiny frogs. About half the size of a little raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post
    ...Sounds like fun times!!!

When I was kid I loved creeks too. My older sister and I would look for tadpoles and sometimes we got lucky and found these little bity tiny frogs. About half the size of a little raisin.
    are you following me?
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeLogic View Post
    argh, when I was a young lad and was learning to ride a bicycle, I would ride around the neighbor hood during the weekdays. After a few months I started riding down different streets in different neighborhoods and often I got completely lost while taking in all of the new scenery. I always figured out how to get back home, but many times I didn't get back until it was dark out, which led to many a great trouble at the house.
    Yeah, troubles at that house,... that was always the trouble after such a fun day of exploration. For me I'd come home with my clothes torn up from trespassing on wooded property where there were barbed wire fences. I'd hold the barbed wire for my older sister, but as soon as she got through, she would forget to hold it for me. **sniffles** My clothes would get all torn up and I knew my fate at the end of the day.

...that was usually after a long day of picking black berries in the woods. Aw, but it was worth it!

Yeah, troubles at that house,... that was always the trouble after such a fun day of exploration. For me I'd come home with my clothes torn up from trespassing on wooded property where there were barbed wire fences. I'd hold the barbed wire for my older sister, but as soon as she got through, she would forget to hold it for me. **sniffles** My clothes would get all torn up and I knew my fate at the end of the day.

...that was usually after a long day of picking black berries in the woods. Aw, but it was worth it!

Where did you grow up? I've had plenty of run-ins with barbed wire....and blackberries...and blueberries and grapes....mmmm.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

I like this topic! So that was you I went exploring with! Sounds like we went to the same daycare. I got in trouble for stuff and the teachers made me write a 100 times I would never do it again.... but, but... how could I say I would never do it again? I'm innocent!!! Honestly, now that I'm thinking about it, I'm still confused. What did I do so wrong? grrrr...
    Sentences?

I forgot about those. Purely ineffective tretchery...the chaulk board was worse.

Posting on this topic is hazerdous to my waist line. Ran out to the store a few minutes ago for ready bake cookies and milk.

Yummie!

Fayetteville, NC

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

I love doing this!! My line of work is a continuous Walkabout! I am never in one place for more than 2 weeks except for my home base. But I recently moved to a new area and that is my favorite things to do is get in a car and drive and explore.

MBTI
    IsTP

Oh yes, I do this. Even still today I love just walking.

As a kid I grew up in a pretty rural, mountainous area. I'd always be exploring the areas behind my house, or collecting random junk that would accumilate along the riverside and add it to my little fort I'd created there. From ancient, rusty spoke rims to deer skulls, it had it all. There were all sorts of discoveries, I'd found an old, rotted telephone pole in the middle of the forest, and discovered that it actually used to be a full line that ran across the face of the mountain. I collected a buttload of the old glass insulators from the ones that'd fallen, most were dated in the 1900's. It eventually led to an old silver mine (at least I think that is what they mined, most local ones were) that had collapsed a long time ago. They power lines kept going, but that was a good two miles from my house and on the steep terrain kept me from exploring further.

Here recently, living in a subdivision makes it hard to find anything interesting by just walking, but I had used to live in a smaller town nearby where we'd often walk to the pub, and find our way back a different route each time. most of them followed the small drainage canals, but some had to uh, cut through some backyards
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...