• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] How to keep an ISTP

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You guys just dont like the "leash like" nature of the thread title:alttongue:

Pretty much. Even the idea of a leash made out of Silly String gives me the willies.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOL, ahh you guys have as big a drive to be free as we do it seems :popc1:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can see it now. poki the "yo-yo"!

being a yo-yo is actually pretty fun, just know that when the fun is gone, they will be left scratching their head trying to figure out where the yo-yo went.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Come get some yummy food!!! It's out and ready for you to enjoy!"

That one showed up in my Inbox at work right before lunch. There was cake too!

Why can't every day be like that? I'd almost never leave the building.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"Come get some yummy food!!! It's out and ready for you to enjoy!"

That one showed up in my Inbox at work right before lunch. There was cake too!

Why can't every day be like that? I'd almost never leave the building.

Yes, I have a very nice female co-worker who sits next to me that always mentions when we have free food in a break room:yes: its lunch time :drool:

I am also never shy about being the first in a buffet line or to bull doze others when someone says food is ready.

Im not a food connoisseur, I am a food eater

jixmixfix

Permabanned
This thread is annoying, plotting against an ISTP....*tisk tisk* only setting yourself up for failure. ;)

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
Even if you are calling the shots and have a handle on an ISTP, its probably best not to brag about it. I had somebody at one point I considered a close friend and the most anoying habit of hers was that she'd tell me I loved her in a sort of playful way. I guess I am sort of a crumedgeon because I always wanted to tell her she wasn't that great, and if I had less social tact I probably would have.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hence the very very loose, possibly elastic leash :D

You jane, me tarzan:D I will let you build your house in my jungle:yes:

I will initiate contact if you really mean something to me, but it has to be for a reason. Always let me find that reason and I will never lose touch.

LOL..yeah..you are ISTP :D
It's just that to me, I enjoy people coming to me coz I enjoy my space, but don't mind them tapping on my shoulder if something's on their mind or they just want some fun. I'll keep from initiating convo's though if I can help it, coz I don't wanna be pushy and force people into a convo out of politeness (I know, I know).

So...I'm kinda wondering how that works with you guys, I guess. Ime, ISTPs tend to leave a convo very abruptly and..when intrigued enough, seem not to have a problem initiating one either.

I reread this post and thought, seriously, screw being king of a castle, I want to be king of a jungle.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOL..why am I not surprised :D

Is it correct to assume an ISTP will usually take what they want, if they can, without a second thought and without intending harm per se?

!For the record, I do not claim ownership over any ISTPs, nor any sort of control, I was merely checking if leashing one was an option. They often seem to vibe the need of a leash and collar as well as a courageous yet gentle hand to hold it who understands how to use it properly. For that matter, I'm willing to exchange leashes, since i know it will be a very long and elastic one indeed ( I aint too fond of being bound myself though I do need to be put in my place on rare occasions..)

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4

Is it correct to assume an ISTP will usually take what they want, if they can, without a second thought and without intending harm per se?

!For the record, I do not claim ownership over any ISTPs, nor any sort of control, I was merely checking if leashing one was an option. They often seem to vibe the need of a leash and collar as well as a courageous yet gentle hand to hold it who understands how to use it properly. For that matter, I'm willing to exchange leashes, since i know it will be a very long and elastic one indeed ( I aint too fond of being bound myself though I do need to be put in my place on rare occasions..)

I wouldn't say without a second thought. The amount of thought put in should correspond to the perceived consequences. Though I am not sure if the proportions are similar to other types.

A leash that goes both ways definitely sounds better than a one-way one, however. I value the NF - ST balance.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

No worries with ownership, if you ever have ownership it is only because we chose to let you. I have always done what I wanted, bribery is always up for consideration, you just gotta know what my weaknesses are. Fear doesnt work and I dont want to harm anyone. I will take what I want, but not in a forceful manner. Others will be taken into consideration.

I do need to be put in my place everyonce in a while also;)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Even if you are calling the shots and have a handle on an ISTP, its probably best not to brag about it. I had somebody at one point I considered a close friend and the most anoying habit of hers was that she'd tell me I loved her in a sort of playful way. I guess I am sort of a crumedgeon because I always wanted to tell her she wasn't that great, and if I had less social tact I probably would have.

This is kinda interesting. What made her think it in the first place, and what are the typical signals of an ISTP for this vs the real deal?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is kinda interesting. What made her think it in the first place, and what are the typical signals of an ISTP for this vs the real deal?

I have never liked being told "you love me" either.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hehe duly noted..though I seem to recall that one of you boys at some point said that the only reason you realized you loved the girl was coz she told you so :alttongue:

Note: I am *not* hunting some poor ISTP. This is purely hypothetical ;)

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hehe duly noted..though I seem to recall that one of you boys at some point said that the only reason you realized you loved the girl was coz she told you so :alttongue:

Note: I am *not* hunting some poor ISTP. This is purely hypothetical ;)

I didnt figure your INTJ would like that ;)

edit: that is you right? I tend to lose track of who said what when several people are chatting. I like one-on-one better.

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I know this is a stupid question but what are leashes in a relationship? Can you give examples.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I didnt figure your INTJ would like that ;)

edit: that is you right? I tend to lose track of who said what when several people are chatting. I like one-on-one better.

Hehe, yeah that's me, I have my very own INTJ *proud* ;)

I know this is a stupid question but what are leashes in a relationship? Can you give examples.

I guess I'm referring to emotional 'leashes'? The fact that you're willing to restrain yourself from doing things and listen to someone because you care for them deeply and respect them. Of course, the real thing can be fun sometimes too :devil:

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
I guess I'm referring to emotional 'leashes'? The fact that you're willing to restrain yourself from doing things and listen to someone because you care for them deeply and respect them. Of course, the real thing can be fun sometimes too :devil:

Wrong!

It's when you bite them when they misbehave. :yes: