User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Hehe...coz I like knowing how people work. Coz you guys are an enigma to me as we're sooo different in the way we look upon the world and yet somehow seem to click and share a lot still too. I like figuring out how people work, what makes them tick, how they view the world and what motivates them, what their boundaries and significant differences compared to me are. And normally, I'd do this with people one on one, but I've found that when I talk to ISTPS one on one, I get too into this (as I can go for hours on this), and it's not what they necessarily wanna be talking about (and I hate being pushy). On here, I know you'll be in that mindset as..well, it's a thread about what ISTPs are like, and if you don't want to reply, you have the freedom to walk away and not post at all

That said, I appreciate your patience with me
    Thats interesting seeing the dynamics between an ENFP and an INFP and really start seeing the differences and understanding Ne vs Fi

It is not really about being social or not. It is truly about external perception vs internal feeling. Not about being social or quiet.
    Im out, its been fun

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    This is a wonderful thing to watch. Someone doing something they like and being amused. Something about someone amusing themselves.

Do something to get us to laugh at you
    that's easy... I frequently do hideously klutzy things, like shut my own head in the car door by accident, and then have the good sense to be amused by it instead of crying and needing reassurance

or figuring out a new way to slice potatoes thinnly, running into the livingroom, and enthusiastically announcing the new discovery with enthusiasm usually reserved for things like Christmas morning- this was good probably because it led to fried potatoes

yeah- he has no shortage of things to make fun of me for...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Are ISTPs consistent in what they want?

What I mean is, once they decide that they like/want something..do they ever grow tired of it, bored, when it is no longer new? Or will something consistently draw them near if they had one good experience with it, say for instance, go to a themepark. Do you want a new themepark every time or is the same themepark that you loved the first time always exciting coz it offers that same buzz over and over again?
    I'm not an ISTP, but I'll venture to take a guess based on what I've read on these forums so far.

I don't think ISTPs think of important relationships the same way as they do things, places and experiences (I would put new acquaintances in this latter category).

Theme parks, restaurants, stores, books, etc, don't really change what they offer in terms of experience. They're fairly predictable after a while. The brief novelty is thrilling, but that's all it is--a short thrill.

However, people don't have to be. You might think you know everything there is to know about someone, but as long as they continue to grow and develop, I would hope that they not only do not get "boring" but attain that rare status of offering both deep familiarity & intimacy, while keeping up the ability to still provoke and surprise.

ISTPs: do you agree or disagree?

Edit: I think Poki already agreed/said this several posts ago. Oops.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Yeh, I agree...especially with, "rare status of offering both deep familiarity & intimacy"

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Hehe...coz I like knowing how people work. Coz you guys are an enigma to me as we're sooo different in the way we look upon the world and yet somehow seem to click and share a lot still too. I like figuring out how people work, what makes them tick, how they view the world and what motivates them, what their boundaries and significant differences compared to me are. And normally, I'd do this with people one on one, but I've found that when I talk to ISTPS one on one, I get too into this (as I can go for hours on this), and it's not what they necessarily wanna be talking about (and I hate being pushy). On here, I know you'll be in that mindset as..well, it's a thread about what ISTPs are like, and if you don't want to reply, you have the freedom to walk away and not post at all

That said, I appreciate your patience with me
    It's actually very easy to tell whether ISTPs want to talk about something or not, because if they don't, they'll just stop. You'll start seeing half a response, or no response, or a retreat.
    Check out my blog: http://OrnateRitual.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Girl: So, just out of curiosity, do you ever miss your mom?

ISTP: Uh... maybe.

(Long pause.)

Girl: Wait. What. What kind of answer is that?!

ISTP: So, how about that new Motorola DROID phone that's hitting stores soon?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Well, uh...

Going to summer camp and field trips? Not once. Staying with grandparents over a weekend, never...

It's just that I live in the moment and with whom ever I'm with, or whatever I'm doing? For the moment.

Hanging out with mom was fun, and I didn't miss my friends or girlfriend during the times we were visiting and/or doing things.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I didn't really want to know the answer to THAT question, actually.

I couldn't think of a real-life one where my ISTP evaded answering it successfully, so I made one up (kinda lame sorry). But I know he DID evade a couple of times, just like that! Probably in response to some overly personal ex-girlfriend question perhaps.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by seamaid View Post
    Girl: So, just out of curiosity, do you ever miss your mom?

ISTP: Uh... maybe.

(Long pause.)

Girl: Wait. What. What kind of answer is that?!

ISTP: So, how about that new Motorola DROID phone that's hitting stores soon?

LOL.

My husband does this alot. He's not avoiding questions. He has one passion that dominates his life and therefore is always thinking about it.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post
    **gringe** ...oh no! oh god,... don't do that!! why would you ask personal ex-gf questions?? that's not cool for any type, that's common sense. just FYI. you naturally know this as an INFP!
    jeez, follow your gut next time.
    Why not ask? My husband and I have talked about our past. I see it as open communication and honesty.