User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    I don't think it would have been as big of deal if it were true. At the time she thought she was exerting some magical power that drew me to her. I guess being the quiet type leads people to believe there is chemistry or something when you are more open than usual. I felt comfortable, but when she got it in her head that I was infatuated (or something) with her she really started acting stupid and it drove me away. She can power-trip by herself, bye!
    Dude, get over yourself, It was me, I drive feelings in people they themselves dont understand

The question about what a leash is. Its like a mental claustrophobia. Dont hold me back from what I want or internally I feel like a guy in a straight jacket struggling to get free.

Give me everything I want while I am in a straight jacket and I will still fight. I am happier if I am free and you give me nothing. I will go after what I want, make me want you

To explain the fear, I watched an episode of 911 when I was younger where a guy was burried alive. The thought of dying isnt what bothered me, it was the thought of the struggle in being trapped. That is one of the only fears that has haunted me ever.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

poki
    The question about what a leash is. Its like a mental claustrophobia. Dont hold me back from what I want or internally I feel like a guy in a straight jacket struggling to get free.

Give me everything I want while I am in a straight jacket and I will still fight. I am happier if I am free and you give me nothing. I will go after what I want, make me want you
    I get ya there -- as an INFP, sometimes I feel the same way as there's nothing I resist more than obligations.

But then why does any ISTP choose to get married? Isn't marriage directly opposed to this freedom you speak of?

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by seamaid View Post
    I get ya there -- as an INFP, sometimes I feel the same way as there's nothing I resist more than obligations.

But then why does any ISTP choose to get married? Isn't marriage directly opposed to this freedom you speak of?
    Because I had never seen marriage as being trapped.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by seamaid View Post
    is it because you guys value consistency?

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    is it because you guys value consistency?
    I personally dont value consistency as consistency is stagnancy. I dont learn and grow as a person with consistency. Stagnancy in material things is not the same as stagnancy as a person. I would be happy with very little material objects if I could grow as a person.

One thing I have learned is that by helping others I am able to grow as a person, while helping someone else. I personally gain alot from being self-sacrificing.

Like my example of being king of a jungle vs a castle. I dont need the material things required for a castle, the furniture, the decorations, the maids, the butlers, the people waiting on you hand and feet. I want to do something with my hands, with my brain, to grow as a person.

edit: actually I would like a maid and butler so I can grow and not have to worry about the consistant boring stuff.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Are ISTPs consistent in what they want?

What I mean is, once they decide that they like/want something..do they ever grow tired of it, bored, when it is no longer new? Or will something consistently draw them near if they had one good experience with it, say for instance, go to a themepark. Do you want a new themepark every time or is the same themepark that you loved the first time always exciting coz it offers that same buzz over and over again?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

mine seems to appreciate the fact that I can amuse myself perfectly competently and don't really give a fuck if he wants to spend a few hours improving the wiring setup of the sound system or wishes to play the same videogame again, and has actually verbally expressed that

along with the fact that I'm pleased with what I have and feel no driving need to change him, provided he lets me do whatever I want
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Are ISTPs consistent in what they want?

What I mean is, once they decide that they like/want something..do they ever grow tired of it, bored, when it is no longer new? Or will something consistently draw them near if they had one good experience with it, say for instance, go to a themepark. Do you want a new themepark every time or is the same themepark that you loved the first time always exciting coz it offers that same buzz over and over again?
    Why are you so amazed and interested with ISTP? Just curious.

I am consistant with people, but not so much with things. I like the same people to be around me, the ones who make it enjoyable. I do get bored with things though, I dont go to theme parks enough to get bored of them. Its more of the things that you do over and over with no way to improve, get better.

With things like food, I can go for weeks eating similiar things, but I do tire and need change, then I may go back later to the same food.

I guess I would say I can do consistancy for awhile, but then I do need change. I am not someone who can eat the same cereal every morning.

On the flip side I am not good with figuring out what new to try, so left on my own accord I end up sticking with what I know.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    mine seems to appreciate the fact that I can amuse myself perfectly competently and don't really give a fuck if he wants to spend a few hours improving the wiring setup of the sound system or wishes to play the same videogame again, and has actually verbally expressed that

along with the fact that I'm pleased with what I have and feel no driving need to change him, provided he lets me do whatever I want
    This is a wonderful thing to watch. Someone doing something they like and being amused. Something about someone amusing themselves.

Do something to get us to laugh at you
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Hehe...coz I like knowing how people work. Coz you guys are an enigma to me as we're sooo different in the way we look upon the world and yet somehow seem to click and share a lot still too. I like figuring out how people work, what makes them tick, how they view the world and what motivates them, what their boundaries and significant differences compared to me are. And normally, I'd do this with people one on one, but I've found that when I talk to ISTPS one on one, I get too into this (as I can go for hours on this), and it's not what they necessarily wanna be talking about (and I hate being pushy). On here, I know you'll be in that mindset as..well, it's a thread about what ISTPs are like, and if you don't want to reply, you have the freedom to walk away and not post at all

That said, I appreciate your patience with me
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”