• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Stuck? Befuddled? Betwixt? Confounded? Halla will Help You...

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
the peanut butter frosting is

2 c powdered sugar
1/2 c butter
1 c peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla

it is delicious :drool:

OMG!!!! That sounds amazingly delicious!!!! :popc1:

I'm thinking of giving in and making both, so that half will be chocolate and the other half peanut butter :yes:

is it possible to do that with the chips as well?

Absolutely! Excess is what this country great! :woot:
Just back off on the amount of each. If you use 2 cups of chips when the recipe calls for 1 you will get goop. :wacko:

I use ~1.5 if the recipe calls for 1 cup. :devil:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
the icing turned out delicious and I spent the next half hour making sure it was all properly licked off of my fingers :doh:

I use the 1.5 ratio when making brownies as a rule! :holy: it's a good way to get extra butterscotch chips AND extra milk chocolate chunks :yes:

people who are on strict diets hate me :sorry:

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
the icing turned out delicious and I spent the next half hour making sure it was all properly licked off of my fingers :doh:

I use the 1.5 ratio when making brownies as a rule! :holy: it's a good way to get extra butterscotch chips AND extra milk chocolate chunks :yes:

people who are on strict diets hate me :sorry:

:laugh: It must be tough being you! :laugh:

That icing sounds good. *scribbles notes*

If I was a practicing Roman Catholic, I'd give up gluttony in regards to food and eating healthy by making better choices.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You were right to tell him upfront upon his return.

He was rude in how he responded to you, as he was the pot calling the kettle black.

He believes in double standards, in dissonace, do as I say not as ido. Control freak 101. :thumbdown:

Totally. And I won't bore you with other examples, but I now realise that there are plenty of other examples in his life/conversation/actual actions of this "dissonance." :huh: His response particularly got to me, because I could have chosen to not tell him anything at all. He would have been confronted with the situation anyway, but because of the nature of the incident, there could potentially have been other people who spilled the beans and named him as someone tangentially involved and who was in possession of the information. And, if he'd come to me asking if I'd spilled the beans, I could have lied and said no. So considering I'd at least been honest, a response like that was particularly nasty and especially his manipulative attempts to make me feel like I was the big sinner.

He is an immature ass at this point. Flush him down the toilet like the turd he is.

LOL :D

He impicity forgave you. Once you forgive someone, the incident is over, and is not to be brought up in their face again, especially 2 seconds after they have been forgiven. His score is FAIL.

It somewhat makes me wonder if he wanted me to be there so that he could "put me in my place" by making me feel again like I was the big sinner. :dont: At least I fought back. Well, a little bit. :D

Again, dissonance. He has a "I can do no wrong attitude" apparently and is fucking with your head with all this "I don't know what I did wrong" bullshit. He's immature. He might be suave, but he's immature, and selfish too.

Yeah. I wish I'd listened more to my best friend who also knows him a bit, knew I liked him and kept telling me how immature he was. :(

Also, if he is an ESTP, he is emotionally retarded. I can say that without prejudice, as I am an ESTP, and I was emotionally retarded for many years, basically most of my adult life. Some of us are just "detached" and "aloof" without being hurtful, but others interpret our emotional flatness for being blunt. It seems this is his way, but he has a manipulative streak, and he obviously thnks he is hot shit, which makes him anything but. There is nothing like an ego to make an otherwise appealing person not appealing at all.

He sure has got an ego but he is very slick and quite good at making it look like he doesn't have much of one...if you know what I mean. He also thinks he's "sensitive" (he even said something like that to me once...groooaaannn) or, again, is at least good at making it look like he is. But when the shit hits the fan, that's when you see people's true colours. By the way, if you used to be emotionally retarded, at least you have learned many lessons and put them into practice! Being emotionally clued-in may not be easy for an ESTP but people can learn and work on their weaknesses... Some choose not to.

EDIT: I seriously think he is a narcissist, by the way. I have read up on these types of people recently, and he fits the profile far too well. Non-acceptance of responsibility, an "I can do no wrong" attitude, putting other people down to make himself feel better about himself...etc etc...I should be grateful that he was never interested enough in me to do anything about it (besides lots of mixed messages). At the very least, he would have got bored and dumped me and I would have been broken hearted. At worst, I could visualize it turning into some sort of abusive relationship. :(

His agenda is: Me, me, me, me, me!

You are not the smaller person for feeling irritated that he is off gallavanting about on his travels after leaving you hurt. You are hurt, you made all efforts necessary that a normal, good person would have to obtain closure about this simple and unfortunate occurrence of bad communication and simple acts of bad judgement between you and him.

When I've tried to make my peace with people and it has not been possible I used to get really pissed about it. Now I chalk it up to their lack of character. Unfortunately, it seems you are internalizing it. I ask you to let it go. I ask you to forgive yourself, and to release your grip on this baggage, and move forward. You did everything you can, girl. You exercised due diligence. You did no wrong.

Thanks :) Yeah, I know what you mean about needing to let go and realizing that now it's on the other person. Someone once mentioned elsewhere on this forum that to a certain extent, this requires humility. I know that I have pretty good interpersonal skills and I know that generally people like me. And I have quite a lot of practice (even through the jobs I've done) at defusing angry people. But as you say, ultimately it's his "lack of character." I should not think that I am capable of always fixing such situations through my great people skills. I screwed up, yes, but I acknowledged it and did my best to repair the situation. He was not man enough to do the same. I accepted responsibility for my actions and mistakes, but I should not have to accept responsibility for his!

You are his friend so long as you interact with him on terms that are convenient for him. Got it? He is a manipulator and a punk.

Yes, 100%. You know, one of the things that was so interesting about your response was actually how much it resembled responses I got from other friends. Don't worry, no more gossip was involved :D but there were a couple of people who actually knew the entire story because they were in some way involved, who I discussed it and his reaction with, and I also discussed it in more general terms with a couple of friends who didn't know any of the people involved. Everyone made very similar comments to yours. Except your language may have been slightly harsher :D But one common theme was, he has used my friendship where it's been convenient for him, it's one-sided, it's manipulative, he wants it on his terms alone. :(

Let it go. Learn from the experience. Don't release confidential information even if it was delivered by accident. If someone comes gossiping to you, let it end at your ears, do not relay it. People get fired for that, and friendships are burned that way. I am not saying this to be harsh, I am telling you the truth.

You're totally right and I did learn a lesson about this, among other things.

Forgive yourself, please. Recognize him for the imperfect, self centered person that he is. he might be alot of fun, he might be good looking even, but there is only room in that man's heart for himself. His interactions with others are shallow from what I know of him.

Absolutely. Part of me is slightly bitter because at this point he seems to lead a charmed life. He charms people into helping him out and doing things for him, he makes new "friends" so easily, etc etc. He collects admiring female friends, and HE chooses when he wants to flirt with them, when he wants to get something from them, or when he wants to be merely distant and polite with them.

But honestly...it WILL catch up with him sooner or later and it may have done so already. It's so clear that he looks at people almost purely in terms of what they can do for him, and not at all for what he can do for them. Just for example, a mutual friend mentioned to me the other day that he'd heard from Mr ESxP. I obviously wasn't going to go into the fact that I'd fallen out with Mr ESxP because I didn't want to spread that, or the reason, around. But I was surprised within myself because I wouldn't have expected him to bother contacting the mutual friend on his travels. Then, the mutual friend said that Mr ESxP had wanted some contacts/friends to crash with etc in the mutual friend's home country. Yeah...then it made a hell of a lot more sense.

Outside of moving on, the best thing you can do is to change your patterns of behavior. Change the route you take t owork. Change what you do during your lunch hour. Change the folks you talk to, and get yourself into some new places to do new things. Hell, register for a class at a local college, even if its not for credit. Guess waht? You'll be changing your routine, you'll be keeping your mind busy, you'll be talking with new people, oh my...what's that...is it...Mr. Right? So this is where he's been hiding out... :newwink:

:yes: I've made some plans for a change of scene/meet some new people already, which will go into effect in a few weeks. Looking forward to it, whether or not I meet Mr Right, though that would be a nice bonus :D

(1) Make your final attempt at closure with him if YOU need to. Don't do it for him, do it if YOU need to. But don't have any expectations as to how he should handle it, or if you will hear back from him.

I doubt I will. Although I am still hurting a bit right now, and I know that could still last a while, I am also moving on, and should view the fact that I might never see him again (or at least not for a long time) as a blessing in that regard. Contacting him about the matter would most likely just give him another opening to hurt me again. I'm too vulnerable in that regard and need to protect myself.

(2) IMO, keeping your "friendship" alive with him is a bad idea. It's a one-sided friendship, that's whi I put it in quotes, its a friendship that is convenient for him, and hurtful to you. I am not friends with people that make me feel bad when I have done no wrong. No one is allowed to treat me that way. Do you see the utility in that?

Yeah, a hard lesson to learn, because when someone I've cared about so much lets me down so much, it's like I have to rearrange my whole worldview. But I have survived somewhat similar situations before and will again, hopefully with more lessons learned.

(1) I think you are a sweetheart.

(2) I think he is an asshole.

(3) I think you need to listen to Nancy Sinatra's "These Boots are Made for Walking", and imagine his skull underneath your nice new pair of black high heeled Italian boots.

YouTube - NANCY SINATRA - THESE BOOTS ARE MADE FOR WALKING (Estas Botas Son Para Caminar)

Good luck!

:hug:

-Halla

Haha! Thanks so much! And don't worry about any lateness, it was all still very relevant. YOU ROCK HALLA!! :nice:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For ZOOM.....

I have to quote ye, so as to explain in reference to your different points. :cheers:

Perfect! Let's [FINALLY!] do it! :yay:

So! On the points to remember about you, they may be applied to me as well. Essentially what I like to do for weight lifting is go in knowing what muscle groups I wish to work and pick from the many exercises I know to do so. I'm looking to expand my repertoire of exercises, but that's another matter. :happy: I watched others at the gym from the age I started (13) and tried out things as I found out what was effective and felt good.

Your style and mine are very similar. It works, it's simple, it lets you focus on execution and not the minutiae of excessive details. :nice:

We'll expand your exercise repertoire later... :yes:

Counting calories or planning to the hilt is indeed a surefire way for me to fail. :rofl1:

This is where discipline and common sense prove their worth tenfold. If you know what is HEALTHY to eat, what is UNHEALTHY to eat, and build up a list of foods you can regularly prepare, eat, and enjoy without too much fuss, then I dare say 90% of your nutrition is taken care of, and factored INTO your routine AS YOUR ROUTINE. :)

So! On your list, perhaps I should explain bullet-point style the way I eat.

• I drink alcohol but once a month, avoid prepackaged and heavily processed foods, and haven't had candy (dark chocolate notwithstanding), soda or fried foods since I was... thirteen?
  • I don't eat white flour or sugary things unless I'm specifically having a dessert (which is rare)
  • What I eat primarily is fruit, vegetables, random grains (did ye know how good Quinoa can be? Mmm), and meat (Mooo. Cluck, cluck. *fish noise*) - more white than red meat, and fish. Sushi is Goddess Divine.
  • I had to actually add fat to my daily food because I naturally did not eat enough of it. So, occasional cheese, olive oil for cooking, and cream in tea.
  • I drink a lot of water, especially in the form of tea - green, herbal, and occasionally black.
  • Really the only vice I have is caffeine, and I cut back to one cup of black tea a day, so...
  • So the primary thing which dictates my weight is my activity level, which has dropped recently due to life. Hey, I just realized that! :nice:
  • I haven't weighed myself in ten years, and primarily go by how I look and what I fit into.

Your diet sounds remarkable to me. Seriously.

I mean as to what shape/body composition one's body is happiest at, fat-to-muscle-percentage wise. Women have a bit higher of fat naturally, but really the concept is the same. Does that make sense? I wish to know what level of lean body mass is best for what I want to do and what is feasible. Is this essentially something only I can figure out through experience? :rofl1: I know the sky is the limit for those dedicated, but I wish this to be part of my lifestyle, not a fitness routine I do just to lose fat.

There are two things that I conisder in deciding the bolded above, and of course they are diametrically opposed to one and other:

(1) PHYSIOLOGICALLY: Your body is dynamic, it will show you how happy it is according to your diet, exercise, and amount of rest over a given interval of time. It knows nothing else than to be at equilibrium, to form itself in accordance to what it is given to work with, your DNA is in charge of part of this, your habits (exercies, nutrition, and rest) are in charge of the rest.

(2) PSYCHOLOGICALLY: How does your mind feel working with and observing your body in its current state of equilibrium? For many, including me, this is the greatest battle.

Now let's add an interaction term. Let's assume you wish to change something about your physique as it exists according to your current mode of operation (which sounds damn solid to me, dude).

(3) EFFORT to PRODUCE CHANGE: Identify the change you wish to make. What amount of effort is required (in terms of diet, exercise, and rest) to produce the change you wish to realize?

(4) ASSESS the DIFFERENCE: Compare the change you want to the effort entailed in achieving it. Is it worth it? If yes, then adjust your routine accordingly. If no, then adjust your psychological perceptions accordingly. If you are doing everything right, but not happy with the end result, then one of the two must be changed...

I highlighted the ones I do not do in red.

Got it.

I hate indoor cardio and wish to beat it with a stick. I am currently trying to find fun activities that happen to be cardio to do on a regular basis. Dancing or martial arts, in all likelihood. Hiking, as well.

Cardio is all about intensity. I am big on interval training. I do weird shit. I max out in something, walk it off, change gears and do something else, and at the end of it all I am drenched in sweat, and the people around me are dry as a bione reading their magazines. :cheese:

If you can, do your cardio first, THEN do your weights immediately afterward, and keep that fat burning going on through your weight training. That is the way to be most efficient with your efforts...

Also, in the winter, outdoor cardio is hard to come by as compared to the warmer months. This is where indoor work is good. Otherwise it blows, I agree.

I do need some more free weight exercises that work out multiple muscle groups, but a rep plan that does not involve the really high weight and extremely low reps - I tend to do full-body exercises, possibly because I started out that way and also because I like it. It feels weird to do just one area ("back" on day, "legs" another) per workout, and I stretch a lot and just like feeling warm all over. Is doing full body workout routines (lifting, cardio notwithstanding) three times a week a bad way to go about it?

You prefer CIRCUIT TRAINING, aka working your full body in one session, and not isolating muscle groups on certain days.

There is nothing wrong with that. Bodybuilders even do it, but they call it something different: "Pre-Contest Workout." :laugh:

I actually do circuit training at times: (1) When I am extremely busy, (2) When I am injured and trying to maintain/stay off atrophy but allow myself to heal, (3) When I have plateaued and need to take a little break, but wish to stay limber.

Circuit training is great if you do it right. I can help you with a couple of great free-weight + dumbbell based circuit workouts. I basically have two I perform:

(a) Bottom to Top (Start with the legs, then major muscle groups of the upper body, then minor muscle groups of the upper body), and

(b) Top to Bottom (Start with the major muscle groups of the upper body, then minor muscle groups of the upper body, then the legs (quads, hamstrings, gluteas, calves).

I'll write these up for you after my class tonight, I'm off to drive there now. :newwink:

Please let me know if the info above was helpful in answering your questions, sorry for the delay! :D

Cheers!

:cheers:

-Halla

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
DEALBREAKER.

Dear HallaBalla.

If you scroll down on a bit on this blog, you'll notice an article titled "Vajazzled". Why does this exist, and since it does anyways, you might as well check it out for yourself and laugh. :D

- Kyuuei.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
Now that's just disturbing!! Seems like little girls would find it fun to bedazzle their arms and faces... But down there?! D:

I hope no dude ever asks me to do that. If he does, it's instantly over forEVER.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
DEALBREAKER.

Dear HallaBalla.

If you scroll down on a bit on this blog, you'll notice an article titled "Vajazzled". Why does this exist, and since it does anyways, you might as well check it out for yourself and laugh. :D

- Kyuuei.

AND...

Now that's just disturbing!! Seems like little girls would find it fun to bedazzle their arms and faces... But down there?! D:

I hope no dude ever asks me to do that. If he does, it's instantly over forEVER.

OK, I couldn't find an emoticaon that was half vomit, and half laughter, so here's the closest I can get:

:sick: :yim_rolling_on_the_ :sick: :rofl1:

WTF?!?!?!

:wtf:

I am so fooking shocked! :shock: :laugh:

DAAA-YAMMMM, Ladies!!! :happy:

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Dear Mr. Halla back dawg,
How can I surprise sex an ExTP? :whistling:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Bad Ass Computer Knowledge for Everyday People

Dude, just grab him and ram him against the wall. ;) He'll be like what the HELLO THERE. :D

A perfect answer from Her Royal Highness, Pettycure!!! :worthy:

Now then, could you please demonstrate that technique on me? :newwink:

I don't want the readers to have anything less than full information, it's for their benefit, really it is. :whistling:

Go ahead, I'm ready. :devil:

-------------------------------------

REAL WORLD KNOWLEDGE from HALLA!!!

Windows 7 Enterprise Edition FREE 90 Day Trial

Halla's Download Quick Notes:

Microsoft offers a download of Windows 7 Enterprise Edition that is free to use for 90 days. (NOTE: Most Windows operating systems are free for only 30 days.)

I think this is a great find because it allows you to load up a PC or laptop that is experiencing problems with the operating system (maybe it is not legit, maybe it is corrupt, etc. :whistling:) with Microsoft's newest, slickest OS yet for THREE FULL MONTHS AT NO COST.

Furthermore, I have included links to the free products I always install on PCs/laptops I work on in order to make them fully functional without any additonal cost.

So, below are links to the following products: (1) AVG version 9 FREE Edition Virus Protection, (2) SpyBot Search & Destroy Anti-Adware/Malware FREE Tool, (3) OpenOffice Productivity Suite, fully compatiblwe with MS Office, and its FREE, (4) Adobe Acrobat Reader, (5) Adobe Flash Player, (6) Adobe Shockwave Player, (7) Adobe AIR, and (8) Apple iTunes.

If you install these products in the order they are listed you can load a fully functional and secure PC in about an hour. Remember, its only good for 90 days, and you will get prompted to buy the operating system at the end of the trial. I highly recommend you update your files during the trial and immediately before it expires, so you have no chance of losing anything.

Sometimes, you need a working computer and have no cash to pay for the operating systems and applications you need to do everyday work and school tasks. Now you have 90 days to figure out your long term solution, with no loss of productivity in the here and now. None of these programs are limited in functionality in any way. Have at it! ;-)

-Halla

Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 90 Day FREE Download:
Windows 7 Enterprise | Trial, Evaluation, Test, Download

AVG v9 Free Edition (Virus Protection):
http://download.avgfree.com/filedir/inst/avg_free_stf_en_90_851a3009.exe

SpyBot Search & Destroy:
The home of Spybot-S&D!

OpenOffice Productivity Suite (Also Loads JAVA):
download: OpenOffice.org Downloads

Adobe Acrobat Reader:
http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/9.x/9.3.3/enu/AdbeRdr933_en_US.exe

Adobe Flash Player:
Adobe - Adobe Flash Player

Adobe Shockwave Player:
Adobe - Adobe Shockwave Player

Adobe AIR:
Adobe - Adobe AIR

Apple iTunes:
Apple - iTunes - Everything you need to be entertained.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
The girl that works at the boutique store is hot.
I've been in there a few times, but I've had some awkward moments.
It's obvious I like her.
She probably knows.
How should I stop being a pussy and just ask her out?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The girl that works at the boutique store is hot.
I've been in there a few times, but I've had some awkward moments.
It's obvious I like her.
She probably knows.
How should I stop being a pussy and just ask her out?

It doesn't get any easier than this:

u17154742.jpg

She does know, so just be yourself, smile, and give her a rose, and ask if you can take her out for a cup of coffee or dessert some afternoon.

It's that easy.

I swear! :yes:

Courage is necessary to be successful in romance. Just do it! :rock:

R

Riva

^ +1
yes it is. funny it (simply asking) works every time. And too bad I read so many dating books, which got me no where, but simply 'asking' did. :)

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ +1
yes it is. funny it (simply asking) works every time.

Seek and ye shall find!
Ask and ye shall receive! :yes:

And too bad I read so many dating books, which got me no where, but simply 'asking' did. :)

Reading the dating books kept you out of trouble, so the time was not entirely wasted. :laugh:

Goosebump

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Dear Halla, my energy level is ridiculously low and it interferes with a lot of things I wanna do. I get inspired easily and I want to try on a lot of things but find myself freakingly tired when starting/attempting to do them. Would energy drinks help in the short run? How about long run?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dear Halla, my energy level is ridiculously low and it interferes with a lot of things I wanna do.

Hi there! :) Got it.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a medical doctor, but I will share what I know of common causes of fatigue. See an M.D. if you can't resolve your fatigue with some simple lifestyle adjustments and nutritional supplements.

A few questions to clarfy the situation...

(1) How long has your energy level been ridiculously low? (a) 3 months, (b) 6 months?, (c) 1 year?, (d) longer?

These might seem basic, but:
(2) Are you getting 6-8 hours of sleep per night?

(3) How is your diet? Do you eat a wide variety of healthy foods?

(4) Are you a vegetarian? If so, do you take an iron supplement? (Anemia?)

(5) Do you drink one or more colas or sweet tea each day? (Sugar crash/hypolgecima?)

(6) Do you exercise? If so, what kind? How often?

I get inspired easily and I want to try on a lot of things but find myself freakingly tired when starting/attempting to do them.

That must be frustrating. :( I'm sorry to hear that you are having such issues right now. Luckily, we live in a time where nutrition and medicine can work wonders if we take the time to get the right diagnostic work done, and seek appropriate treatments.

Would energy drinks help in the short run? How about long run?

I don't react well to energy drinks, personally. They give me indigestion, and they are basically sugar, a motherload of vitamins, caffeine, and aminor acids + a few random herbal ingredients in some cases. There is always a crash that is experienced after a jolt of energy is experienced, whether it is from a cup of coffee, an energy drink, or even amphetamines. What goes up, must come down.

I like to have an EVEN amount of energy each day. I find that a good diet is essential for me, to keep my level of energy on an even keel. Also, I find I have more energy when I am working out regularly. If I have a layoff, then I feel sluggish for a week or so until I've been back at the gym again for another week or so.

Finally, if there is a deficiency of thyroid (T3/T4) hormones in your blood, you are due to feel lethargic no matter what, and that can only be corrected with medication (Cytomel). A blood test can tell you what your thyroid levels are.

Looking forward to your response, good luck!

:D

-Halla

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
dear halla, where did i put my phone?

thanks
strawberries

ETA - found. as you were.