First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    ...I fall out of my chair, or I run out of vodka.
    What type of vodka do you favor?

(Editor's Note: Flashy sizing and colors removed in order to preserve member sanity.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    What type of vodka do you favor?

(Editor's Note: Flashy sizing and colors removed in order to preserve member sanity.)
    (Author's Note: Editor's sanity is highly valued, FONT madness mode neutralized. )

I am very open when it comes to vodka.
    What I buy depends on what I am doing with it.

If I am making martinis, then I buy the good stuff, like Grey Goose, Ketel One, etc. I think Absolut is a little hard on the palette for the money. I prefer Stolichnaya in that price bracket.

If I am buying vodka to mix with cranberry juice to make cosmopolitans, or with spicy hot V8 to make bloody Marys, then I buy the best inexpensive vodka out there: Seagrams. Not around for a long time, kind of a recent product. Their gin is awful, their vodka is smooth and affordable.

Also, I'm a hypocrite, I use Ocean Spray DIET cranberry juice to keep calories down. I take poisoning my body very seriously, especially when it comes to trying to keep my midsection in order.

What about you?
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Thanks Halla for all your thoughts. My responses:

You are devoid of natural athletic competitiveness. Despite popular beliefs, being as such is not a crime.
    When I was in public school, I was one of the kids that the gym teacher would shake their heads at, you know - the pity shake with a sprinkle of disgust. So it has been a challenge to shake that initial conditioning. Not using that as an excuse of course. I know I am a lot stronger than anyone ever gave me credit for back then.

You can't be a calm and assertive pack leader with a BIG DOG if you are not a BIG PERSON. He knows his strength, he knows your strength, and he knows your patience.
    Yes, he's a big boy, shepherd X. Before we moved, he had our huge yard to just explore, but now he has to be on the leash and there are adjustments for both of us. I'll keep in mind it will just take time

YES. But, you have to learn to love it for reasons that make sense to YOU. ... SOOOO, let's look at the obvious motivations to exercise: (1) To look "fit" and "attractive", (2) to be heatlhy, (3) to feel good, and (4) to achieve some physical feat (e.g. running a marathon, squatting your bodyweight 25 times, etc.) or any combination of the above.

WHY is it that you THINK you NEED to develop a LOVE of exercise?
    I want to be healthy and enjoy an active life without physical limitations. I have always been fortunate to maintain a slim build so not looking to lose weight.

So I would say I want to feel good and be healthy paramount, with the fringe benefits of looking even better LOL!

(1) What is healthy? (Body weight? Abilty to jog 2 miles? Eating healthy? You really need to define this! What is your goal?!?!?!)
    My body weight at 132 (so about 8 lbs less than I weight now). I am looking to increase my flexibility and tone my muscles, not build muscle mass. I want to be able to go hiking and not get winded, so the ability to perform about an hour of a spontaneous physical task without really feeling it.

(2) What is your tolerance for investment? Upfront acquisition cost? Monthly membership>? Define your threshold. If you don't I can't formulate possible solutions.
    Well, there's not really a financial threshold. But I feel like I shouldn't have to rely on someone else to motivate me at this point in my life. Do you know what I mean? I don't want a personal trainer again because I only exercise to "please" them instead of myself.

(3) What is the acceptable amount of time you wish to spend per week exercising? Don't think in terms of hours per day. Think in terms of 3-4 times per week. What about 1 hour 3-4 times per week? Could you do that???
    Yes, I could do that.

Once you answer the questions above we'll get to this part...
    OK, I eagerly await further input!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Well, there's not really a financial threshold. But I feel like I shouldn't have to rely on someone else to motivate me at this point in my life. Do you know what I mean? I don't want a personal trainer again because I only exercise to "please" them instead of myself.
    I totally understand.

Yes, I could do that.
    Oh goody, now I have a lttle framework started...let's see what happens...

OK, I eagerly await further input!
    Cool! I am now pondering your response. <you can hear the rocks grinding in my head if you listen closely...>

Once my brain latches onto something I'll post back...

We'll get something figured out for you, no worries.

P.S. I want to kick your PE teacher's ass. What a jerk off. That's no way to motivate a kid!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Enneagram
    9w8

I did not know Aikido was considered a "softer" martial art.

Isn't one of its principles to "use your opponents energy/momentum to redirect their action so that it works in your favor?"

Instead of blocking their punch and hitting them back (hard style) do something more efficient, like Steven Seagall does in movies?
    Yes, actually it is! The definition of "soft" vs. a "hard" martial art is dependent upon the style - hard is when force meets with force, a direct block or a angled strike through the technique with one's own force. Soft instead involves a redirection of your opponent's energy & momentum (as you stated), utilizing it against him and positioning yourself to advantage with an appropriate technique of your own.

Muay Thai is a good example of the former, and Aikido is a perfect representation of the latter, using primarily the redirection of force in its technique.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

I did not know Aikido was considered a "softer" martial art.

Isn't one of its principles to "use your opponents energy/momentum to redirect their action so that it works in your favor?"

Instead of blocking their punch and hitting them back (hard style) do something more efficient, like Steven Seagall does in movies?
    Dude. What Steven Seagal does in movies, is Hollywood Aikido. Any passing resemblance to real Aikido is coincidental.

And there are very few actual striking movements in Aikido.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Winged View Post
    Yes, actually it is! The definition of "soft" vs. a "hard" martial art is dependent upon the style - hard is when force meets with force, a direct block or a angled strike through the technique with one's own force. Soft instead involves a redirection of your opponent's energy & momentum (as you stated), utilizing it against him and positioning yourself to advantage with an appropriate technique of your own.

Muay Thai is a good example of the former, and Aikido is a perfect representation of the latter, using primarily the redirection of force in its technique.
    AND...

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Dude. What Steven Seagal does in movies, is Hollywood Aikido. Any passing resemblance to real Aikido is coincidental.

And there are very few actual striking movements in Aikido.
    Ahhh Haaa! Got it!!! <furiously taking notes>

Winged! Hello Bro! Do you practive martial arts?

Biaxident, would you happen to be able to locate any footage of "real Aikido" ala YouTube???
    --------------------
    Type Stats:

Quotes:

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

PISS!!!

I haven't logged onto Vent since it got "locked down."

No Vent for me tonight. Will take my blabbering elsewhere, unless Ivy is Sooper-Dooper fast, which is totally possible because she is after all EXTRA awesome!

-Halla
    --------------------
    Type Stats:

Quotes:

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

AND...

Ahhh Haaa! Got it!!! <furiously taking notes>

Winged! Hello Bro! Do you practive martial arts?

Biaxident, would you happen to be able to locate any footage of "real Aikido" ala YouTube???
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxxb2ctulEs"]Aikido Founder[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAc-gQIeAaI"]Steven Seagal[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

How do I get my blog link in my signature to read as the title of my blog instead of gibberish?
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance