User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

^Cafe, I am going to give this one some serious thought before responding.

It might be tomorrow, but I will seriously ponder on this in an effort to try and offer some thoughts useful to you.

Hang in there. You are a tough cookie to have endured all that has already happened.

May your Aunt's soul rest in peace...
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    ^Cafe, I am going to give this one some serious thought before responding.

It might be tomorrow, but I will seriously ponder on this in an effort to try and offer some thoughts useful to you.

Hang in there. You are a tough cookie to have endured all that has already happened.

May your Aunt's soul rest in peace...
    Thank you! And thank you. My aunt was a pretty amazing lady. She is missed, but the legacy of kindness she left . . . she fit several lifetimes of good karma into one abbreviated one.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Hello my friend. Sorry for the delay!

Wow wow wow.

Good thing I subscribed to this thread I would have forgotten about it. I've been putting the gym off for part of this week because I had to move a piano and I wanted to be fresh for that.* Now I'm ready to get back into a workout plan.

I have a lot more to say but I have to soak in the enormity and awesomeness of the post. And I have to get out and do it. I'll try workout A tonight after I read through everything.

THANKS.
    Bamboo

*Remember how I told you about all that stuff I gathered from hauling jobs that I needed to sell? That piano was part of it. Finally sold the damn thing, ca$h in hand. Booya.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    XXFP

Ok, this is pretty familiar most of it. I did a program like this in HS - that was when I was in best shape, so I might as well get back into it.

A friend recommended Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe, it's good but is really centered on squats, squats, squats, which are awesome, but as mentioned, no squat rack to do 'regular' squats.

WORKOUT A-1)
    (1) Flat Bench Press (BARBELL) = 1 warm-up set, then three sets to failure.
    (2) GIANT SET (Incline Dumbbell Press + Incline Dumbbell Flyes + FLAT BENCH Cross Bench Dumbbell Pullover) = 4 sets to failure
    (3) DROP SET = Tricep Press Down WITH ROPE Attachment = 4 sets to failure
    (4) SUPERSET Push-Ups (Man Push-Ups, then Drop to Girl Push-Ups [Knees on the Ground Instead of Feet]) = 4 sets to failure
    This looks good. I had to look up "flat bench cross bench pullover" - I always called those "skull-crushers" - I always feel em afterward. In my muscles, not my skull, otherwise you're doing them WRONG.

And the push-up thing - I've done something like that before (straight up DB bench to fail, then immediately to the floor and do push-ups, then girl push ups), it's good stuff.

This is exactly what I'm looking for. Not overly complex, variety, and it's something I could see myself doing.

Off to the gym.
    Last edited by Bamboo; 12-14-2009 at 08:05 PM. Reason: italics

MBTI
    XXFP

Some notes, and general impressions:

I'm not sure of the "morphic" name, but I'm familiar with the concept. Thin, endurance type build. I can put on muscle, but I don't bulk naturally. Lean muscle.

Also, your assumption that I'm looking for a balance between mass, strength, and definition is correct. That said, I'm not trying to get "huge." Just in better shape. I do a lot of furniture moving, I'd like some more back and arm strength - not because I can't lift what I normally come across, but in order to help prevent injury.

Also, it should be noted I do extensive cardio - distance running and biking. I did about an hour and half of high intensity riding today - just fooling around on my BMX. Lots of sprinting, but pretty much constant movement the whole time. Upper body strength helps with tricks, also.

So in terms of the diet - a body builder diet would probably leave me out of energy. I need carbs - glycogen stores are regularly emptied and need to be replenished. I'm very lean, I don't have worries about carbs turning to fat. If they do, then they'll get burned up soon enough anyway.

The workout was a good one. The flyes really did their toll more than anything else. I forgot to do drop sets on rope pull downs. Whoops.

Where can I find workout B?

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Dear Halla -

Rhett Butler and I don't give a damn. Why are we hoarding our damns from others? What can make me give a damn away?

Pink
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Dear Halla -

Rhett Butler and I don't give a damn. Why are we hoarding our damns from others? What can make me give a damn away?

Pink
    A damn shame.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Thank you! And thank you. My aunt was a pretty amazing lady. She is missed, but the legacy of kindness she left . . . she fit several lifetimes of good karma into one abbreviated one.
    I'm halfway through processing yours, deep thoughts today...will type when some time frees up later...

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    Where can I find workout B?
    Here in about an hour... BTW, you're welcome for the advice, your comment regarding the carbs is correct, and I'll cklose by saying to watch your saturated fat consumption if you want to optimise an already good diet. Be back soon with "B" and maybe even "C".

Dear Halla -

Pink
    Firstly Ms. Domino, I must gently reprimand you for impersonating your dear friend, Pink. You know you're both daisies, and neither of you could bear it if the two of you weren't friends. But those boots of hers that were made for walkin' look mighty fine on you, so we'll leave it at that.

NOW - To the crux of the perilous issue that denies you peace. You, my lady, and Mr. Butler, are both suffering from R.V.R.D.

Also known as (aka) Reticent Vowel Release Disorder. :horor:

This is no laughing matter. Think deeply on this while there is still time.

Why do you and Mr. Butler hoard your damns from others?
    Because "a" is the vowel you are both reticent to release.
    Allow me to demonstrate. You and Mr. Butler both:

(e) Have gotten into fights with those people over there, their neighbors, and demn over there.

(i) Like to dimn the lights when an awful case of the vapors sets in.

(o) Are predisposed to play domninant in your birthday suits.

(u) Think it is dumn when those silly Cowboys get a hankering to try and cause a ruckus over in the good town of Tombstone.

"A" is all the two of you have left!!!

But you can't hold onto it! NO!!! You can't keep "A" trapped inside, away from the light of day, keeping "A" all to yourselves like a bunch of selfish Pansies inside that pretty house in the town of Tara!

YOU and BUTLER both MUST RELEASE YOUR "A" TO THE WORLD if YOU WISH TO LIVE!!!

Keeping "A" to yourselves will DESTROY you BOTH!!!

SO - I implore YOU and Mr. BUTLER both, my dear friend, Sister Domino, who has the love and the power of FACKELTANZ in her soul, to let that DAMN "A" out of your body, mind, heart, and soul!!!

Can I get an "AMEN?"

--------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

But to say "Amen" I have to release the As!? No!! No, it cannot be!!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

But to say "Amen" I have to release the As!? No!! No, it cannot be!!
    But you MUST cast out the "A's"!!!

You MUST release the "A's" unless you want to be a Pink Domino Devil Child!

Do we need an exorcism?

Brother Halla will cast the DEMONS out of your soul!!!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:

Quotes: