User Tag List

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Stuck? Befuddled? Betwixt? Confounded? Halla will Help You...

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Be straight up. Be sincere. Be man enough to rejection. Be man enough to handle things not going exactly as you thought they would. How you deal with things after each "bomb" goes off is the ultimate measure of what your level of devotion is.
    ^ Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    if you are loooking for life, you had better not be on anythnig else than your very best at all times, or else the one chance you have to approach Mrs. Right will be blown on your own short sighted and juvenile attitude. Don't fuck up.
    ^ Amen.

Artisan Conquerer Array Halla74's Avatar
    7w8 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    ^ Amen.

^ Amen.
    Spoken like a true lady!
    God bless you, and thank you for keeping the dream of romance alive.

Keep the faith,

Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

"If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Anew Leaf

Great thread! Thanks so much for pointing me towards specific posts.

I need to let my mind digest a lot of what you have said, and I will PM you my questions.

My nutritionist had me get the book "Food Rules" by Michael Pollan. Have you seen that one? It is very similar to a lot of what you said about food in here. I like how straightforward it is.

I have a job, finally.. But the pay isn't enough by far. Do I stick with this job and look for part-time waitressing/bartending working the evenings somewhere, or hold out for a higher paying day job?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I have a job, finally.. But the pay isn't enough by far. Do I stick with this job and look for part-time waitressing/bartending working the evenings somewhere, or hold out for a higher paying day job?
    Both. Be employed one way or another. Bring in some money and keep looking. By some odd quirk it seems that people who have a job are more appealing to those seeking to hire someone. Someone who's been unemployed for a while is likely to have an air of desperation that is a turn-off to employers.

Good luck!!

4 sp/so

I take care of my mom full-time which involves a lot of lifting. She can still help, so I'm not lifting her full weight. I've been taking care of her for over 5 years with no problems, but now I seem to have done something to my shoulder/back. My self-diagnosis is that it feels like a muscle cramp in my left shoulder blade. Like a cramp, it will intensify at times, then go back to a dull ache. It just started yesterday. It did feel better after resting, but is hurting now that I'm up and moving again. I plan on icing it and resting it as much as possible during the day. Any other advice you can give me? Particular movements to do or stay away from? How not to injure myself more?

I have no insurance, so going to see a doctor is a last resort for me. But if it's not better by Monday, I'll go see one. If I can get better on my own, that would be ideal.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga