User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    haha yeah he can be serious at times.
    Just wanted to "poke" and see what you said back. Thought to myself that's an ISTP alright.

Permabanned

w/e floats your boat hippie.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    I've noticed choosing friends is somewhat automatic. Like the ones that stick for a while, are people I'd initially just f* k with to see what they'd do or say back.

It's worked that way with a few relationships too, and come to think of it...those were the most fun. Otherwise I tend to make crappy dating choices, well attractive chicks that *shudders*

Just curious if other ISTP's tend to f* k with people they initially like too?
    I agree. It is pretty automatic. If I like someone I will mess with them. It's a sign of endearment and means that I know they can hold their own with me.

Sometimes I do it when I'm on the fence about someone. If they can banter back with me then I know they're good and it's a pretty quick bond. But when they can't then I sort of lose respect for the person.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    IsTP

I think the best way to mess with people are the subtle ways, where the person never even realizes what is going on...
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    It was weird. I'd barely said anything at all to her and right from the getgo she has to explain to me that treating people like shit isn't ok with ther. Oh ok, thanks for straigtening that out. :rolli:
    You should have pat her on the head, told her to get you a beer and walked away.

yes, I also do this. I also like to push other people's emotional buttons in order to create conflict, which I quickly resolve with my soothing oratorical skillz.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I agree. It is pretty automatic. If I like someone I will mess with them. It's a sign of endearment and means that I know they can hold their own with me.

Sometimes I do it when I'm on the fence about someone. If they can banter back with me then I know they're good and it's a pretty quick bond. But when they can't then I sort of lose respect for the person.
    About eight years ago I met an ISTP dude. Two months later guy asked me to be in his wedding, four months later I was asked to plan the bachelor party by his brother.

At the time, to me it didn't seem strange... But I did think to myself? ok, I've known this guy x to nothing. He's social director for his fraternity, and well...why me?

So eight years after driving that dude to his wedding, he could ask again tomorrow and there'd be not even a question. Thought of that when you mentioned "quick bonds."

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    w/e floats your boat hippie.
    hippie? oh, you just wait...I will so get you for that. :steam:

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post
    My dad's an ISTP. He doesn't do the speech, he does The Glower, which communicates that if anyone messes with his baby girls that the police will never find your body.
    My girlfriend's dad is an ISTP, he opted for cleaning his pistol on the kitchen table conveniently when he knew he'd be first meeting me. I immediately knew the exact gun and rounds he had from one look, which was enough for him to like me, and we've been good since.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    XXFP

hahahaha

that's awesome. great mental imagery i'm getting imagining this.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.