User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: ISTPS

Permabanned

Default ISTPS

Are you big risk takers? I realized that I'm not much of risk taker for an ISTP but I'm into athletics, like soccer, martial arts n such.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Risk taking, like crazy scrit n' such!?! Dare b' 2 teh'

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Are you big risk takers? I realized that I'm not much of risk taker for an ISTP but I'm into athletics, like soccer, martial arts n such.
    I think I'm the reverse: not into sports or martial arts, but willing to take psychological risks, within limit, of course.

Oh and I think one of the places where risk-taking is rampant is video games.
    Check out my blog: http://OrnateRitual.com

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

I think when I take risk, I'm not really all that consious of it. i.e. I like cool storms and like getting outside just to see what they do and are vs. seeking shelter.

As a kid, I was constantly exploring and checking things out... By the age of 5, I'd had my stomach pumped three times. I'd cranked the engine and driven my grandmothers car down a hill. Grandma almost broke her leg trying to stop the car.

I'd do crazy stuff like roll my riding toys to the top of a very steep hill, and put my hands in the air on the way down.

I loved doing motorcross for a bit. Jumping dirt bikes is fun and I just took to it naturally. Not many people jump a dirt bike their first trip out, but I sure as heck did.

Think for me it's just that I get so "into" an experience I'd forget about risk?

Like testing out my new tires by driving down the side of a mountain at 130 MPH.

hmm...I guess I like to take "controlled" risk. Like I won't push it but so far as that I feel competant.

I love waterboarding and tubing. Just being able to read the water, and adjusting to what the boat driver is doing.

I especially love taunting a boat driver who's intent upon knocking me off the tube and/or board.

One paticular tube ride I can remember flipping the tube vertical and pressing my feet forward angst the oncoming onslaught of water depth and speed.

The rope snapped and flew back at the boat, wrapping around another person's neck...leaving a red mark/welp. I felt bad when I found out that had happened, but still quietly proud when the driver of the boat said, they'd never seen anyone ride a tube like that.

I still don't see myself as being a "risk taker" Like I wouldn't jump a dirt bike into the back of a van. But I do enjoy pushing the envelop on occassion when my senses are fully engaged.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Just remembered something crazy I did in my teens.

Well one of the crazies.

I was going to youth group activities at a church with one of my buddies. One night we all snuck out, went and got the keys to the church van. Loaded up on toilet paper from the fellowship hall, and drove around picking up guys and girls that were also up for an evening out.

So there's a church van, full of toilet paper and teens driving around at three in the morning rolling yards.

Refered to ourselves as the "Holy Rollers."

omfg...at the time I was just doing it for fun. If we'd gotten caught? Holy cow! Now that'd been a heap of trouble.

Permabanned

haha @ riding a dirt bike at the edge of a van. Could this man be an ISTP? YouTube - Skydiving Accident ! Caught on Tape!!
    Thing is I'm usually detached and in my head, I love bike riding in the woods or going on little adventures. I've doing jiu-jitsu for five years now(still loving it). The most I came to risk taking was egging houses in the middle of the city and driving at 180 km on the highway, with buddies. (that got me in an accident btw) . I also broke and smashed my fingers trying to catch two 20 pound weights when I was 18, I bounced it off his bed, the weights were about to hit the floor so I tried to catch it in mid air and smashed/broke 2 fingers. *sigh*...lol.. was in so much pain after...I didn't think about how stupid it was to bounce 20 pound weights off a bed and then catch them in mid air. I text and eat food in my car while driving, and just realized how dangerous it is. haha. I always played a shit load of video games I was heavy into music as a teenager I played the guitar and bass guitar for the school band. Now I just picked up drums.

MBTI
    STP

I would not say I take risks, but my wife would disagree.

She told me the other day that I almost rear ended her, when that thought never crossed my mind. I was simply reving my engine, and peeled out slightly while at a red light in my truck behind her. This was after I scared her letting my tires loose around a turn while we were side by side in a 2 lane turn.

I dont take risks, but I do scare others

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post

She told me the other day that I almost rear ended her
    *giggle*

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by justxher View Post
    *giggle*
    .....:yim_rolling_on_the_

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Heinel View Post
    Oh and I think one of the places where risk-taking is rampant is video games.
    Oh yeah especially when playing the board game risk with four buddies, just to see how the turn of events pull out.