• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTPS

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
i pussyfoot on my bike. i get angry at myself for not trying tricks more agressively.

bmx is kicking my ass right now.

i'm pissed.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm going mountain biking tomorrow with a friend who used to do BMX and he does the extreme mountain biking stuff. Crazy. I told him I want to try a little drop or something and he was like, "I'm not gonna let you do a drop. You can really hurt yourself." :laugh:

I'll figure something out.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i pussyfoot on my bike. i get angry at myself for not trying tricks more agressively.

i'm pissed.

Amazes me how physically demanding it is. Like people look and they go oh, there's some dude on a bike that's easy. :shock:

nah' I wouldn't push it, until your mind catches up with what instinct can do.

If it doesn't flow, just not quite time yet. I've broken a limb, and damn near killed myself more than a time or two...not yet being in the right frame.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm going mountain biking tomorrow with a friend who used to do BMX and he does the extreme mountain biking stuff. Crazy. I told him I want to try a little drop or something and he was like, "I'm not gonna let you do a drop. You can really hurt yourself." :laugh:

I'll figure something out.

Mountain bikes are fun. I miss doing that sometimes. Seems like the type of bike I'm on has alot to do with having someone to ride with.

Which is nada right now.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Yeah, I chilled out. I went back out on a little ride, with the mindset of instead of trying stuff and screwing up and getting stressed I'm just gonna aim to do what I know I can do best and relax.

I just biked along at full sprint, railed some turns (20" wheels are fun), and hopped a few storm drain covers. Got my energy out and reminded me that this is recreation. I'm beat.

I've only been riding bmx maybe 3 weeks total but as slow as progress is, I do seem to get better every time I go out. Just needa chill out some.

It would be stupid to just go out and rag doll over stuff I can't do. Day at a time.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I chilled out. I went back out on a little ride, with the mindset of instead of trying stuff and screwing up and getting stressed I'm just gonna aim to do what I know I can do best and relax.

I just biked along at full sprint, railed some turns (20" wheels are fun), and hopped a few storm drain covers. Got my energy out and reminded me that this is recreation. I'm beat.

I've only been riding bmx maybe 3 weeks total but as slow as progress is, I do seem to get better every time I go out. Just needa chill out some.

It would be stupid to just go out and rag doll over stuff I can't do. Day at a time.

Three weeks!?! Reading you speak of it, yeh...I hear you completely.

That scrit is so much fun!

I'd beat myself up too, get mad...thinking not pushing enough.

But, kind of circled back to what you're thinking now.

My friend had already taken a couple of people out at a point where I didn't have a bike yet. So there I am, and I'm laughing at the stories he's telling me of how the bike scooted forward at a fast pace under one dude that didn't "get" throttle. How somebody else ended up on their arse. Another guy just flew on over the handle bars.

I didn't care what my friend thought, I'd just get frustrated at not progressing as fast as I thought I should.

Yet, on the first time out I rode through the woods better than he did. I also jumped the thing a full round on the track.

Three weeks out I got frustrated thinking, oh I should be doing this or that...but still getting comfortable knowing when to change gears on a four stroke in a given situations?

So my friends off to the side talking with some dudes that are asking how long I'd been riding? He tells them three weeks.

Those guys are like you're crazy...if it's only been three weeks we can't believe he's jumping like that.

:cheese:

I'll bet your really "great" at it, considering the time frame and damn is it fun!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:popc1: We've gathered a nice collection of ISTPs on here..
I'm looking forward to seeing more topics on you guys ;)

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
So what all do you ride? I work for sales for a company that makes aftermarket motorcycle parts :)

The crazy risks I took were mostly when I was younger. At the time I didn't feel as though I was taking any risks, but man, looking back I was... stupid. Most my risk involved some sort of mixture of alcohol, guns, and driving sprinkled with some trespassing.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
'Fraid I'm not tooooo much of a risk taker, but I'll do thrilling sports, like snowboarding, skiing and skydiving! Some people think that's risky, but I just see that as an adrenaline rush surrounded by safety features...y'know, like the parachute and the attached instructor among others. I think I'm more adventuresome than risk taking - probably because I'm not a fan of physical pain. I don't mind being sore but cuts, scratches and bruises aren't my thing.

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
I'm not a fan of physical pain.

Yeah me too...

I sometimes get my fun out of philosophical debates by making an argument for a view that's completely counter intuitive and try to see how many buttons I can push before it fails. The INTPs in my class were like "Why are you doing this!? The argument would face sooo much less opposition if you just take out that one word" and I was like, "Yeah no, I'm keeping it."

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah me too...

I sometimes get my fun out of philosophical debates by making an argument for a view that's completely counter intuitive and try to see how many buttons I can push before it fails. The INTPs in my class were like "Why are you doing this!? The argument would face sooo much less opposition if you just take out that one word" and I was like, "Yeah no, I'm keeping it."

I love taking the counter intuitive points just to torture an NT. :yay:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Three weeks!?! Reading you speak of it, yeh...I hear you completely.

That scrit is so much fun!

I'd beat myself up too, get mad...thinking not pushing enough.

But, kind of circled back to what you're thinking now.

My friend had already taken a couple of people out at a point where I didn't have a bike yet. So there I am, and I'm laughing at the stories he's telling me of how the bike scooted forward at a fast pace under one dude that didn't "get" throttle. How somebody else ended up on their arse. Another guy just flew on over the handle bars.

I didn't care what my friend thought, I'd just get frustrated at not progressing as fast as I thought I should.

Yet, on the first time out I rode through the woods better than he did. I also jumped the thing a full round on the track.

Three weeks out I got frustrated thinking, oh I should be doing this or that...but still getting comfortable knowing when to change gears on a four stroke in a given situations?

So my friends off to the side talking with some dudes that are asking how long I'd been riding? He tells them three weeks.

Those guys are like you're crazy...if it's only been three weeks we can't believe he's jumping like that.

:cheese:

I'll bet your really "great" at it, considering the time frame and damn is it fun!

Do you ever find yourself being awesome at things in the beginning but get bored with the progression factor?

I know I get impatient with wanting to learn more things than my skill level is ready for. It's something I "know" but it's hard to balance out the voice in your head that tells you "you're not ready for that" and the other one going "how are you going to know your limits unless you push them?"

Anyway. Had a blast yesterday. Second time on a mountain bike (I'm used to road bikes) and I did a little drop. Some jumps (got air!) and did some balance work. Those plank things are no joke. I don't know their name, but they are difficult and I fell off one. Had a great time and left with a new appreciation for mountain bikers/freeride. They make it look SO easy. Now I'm kind of addicted. :blush:

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nice to read you had a good time.

Yeh, I get bored with some progressions pretty easily.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
I'm just ok, really. I don't have any bmx buddies, so I really don't know where I compare to most people.

Haha I passed a group of 12 year olds today on my bike and they freaked out thery were like "do a hop" so I bunny hopped and they sounded pretty impressed as I rode off.

So, I'm good enough to impress a group of 12 year olds with an epic hop. I'm the man, right?

Otherwise, I have generally ok balance, I've finally gotten to the point where I can manual 1-2 parking spaces without too much difficulty (parking lot good for practice), which sounds pretty pathetic but it's hard alright? I don't have brakes so that makes it harder cause I loop out a lot.

I tried a bar spin and stuffed it. I need to find the pipe cutter in my garage and shorten my bars before I try that again. Also, I can't get a good grip on my seat with my legs.

I'm on the verge of getting fakies (going backwards). Once I get that I can actually start doing more interesting tricks, like hop to 180. Or I just need to try it and see what happens.
I'm going out right now, screw this talking about it isn't making me any better.

Oh yeah, and free ride stuff is pretty intense. I set up some planks in my back yard and spent a week or so just working on my balance going across them. It's all in your eyes - keep them tracking (don't stare at the gaps), keep them on target and not on that the edges of the plank is key. Eyes look, body follows.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
I actually wrote that (above) and pressed post an hour or so ago but it didn't go through.

I went out. Almost landed hop 180, couldn't get enough rotation. Almost got it once but couldn't get the roll out.

This has nothing to do with typology.

Why am i not posting in a bmx forum?

A

A window to the soul

i'm pissed.

bike2.gif

...what are you saying?? don't let it defeat you! :9436:

Last edited:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*fingers to forehead* I sense the presence of... ONE THOUSAND APPLES.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hmm...looks like them apples are boring the NF's.

That's ok, Bamboo, MDP2525, myself and some other SP's il' go for a ride!

:hi:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We'll be here when you get back from your escapades ;)