User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: ISTPS

MBTI
    XXFP

lol
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Oh yeah especially when playing the board game risk with four buddies, just to see how the turn of events pull out.
    I thought risk in a video-game is going kamakaze(sp?). The person who says, screw it, jumps out in the middle and just goes berzerk. I must have confused stupidity with risk

MBTI
    ISTP
    Socionics
    ISTP

I do enjoy when I take risks, but I don't go overboard or become reckless because I seem to be more aware of the dangers and what can possibly go wrong. I sense that others may be even more risk takers than I am, but at the same time they probably have not assessed the potential dangers and how the environment behaves around them. For me, it's a balance between having fun and being safe.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    haha @ riding a dirt bike at the edge of a van. Could this man be an ISTP? YouTube - Skydiving Accident ! Caught on Tape!!
    Thing is I'm usually detached and in my head, I love bike riding in the woods or going on little adventures. I've doing jiu-jitsu for five years now(still loving it). The most I came to risk taking was egging houses in the middle of the city and driving at 180 km on the highway, with buddies. (that got me in an accident btw) . I also broke and smashed my fingers trying to catch two 20 pound weights when I was 18, I bounced it off his bed, the weights were about to hit the floor so I tried to catch it in mid air and smashed/broke 2 fingers. *sigh*...lol.. was in so much pain after...I didn't think about how stupid it was to bounce 20 pound weights off a bed and then catch them in mid air. I text and eat food in my car while driving, and just realized how dangerous it is. haha. I always played a shit load of video games I was heavy into music as a teenager I played the guitar and bass guitar for the school band. Now I just picked up drums.
    good video...yep, that's got to be an ISTP. I could tell by the way he bounced.

I always wanted to do some kind of martial arts. Just for the challenge and co-ordinated movement. Bet there's lots of opportunity for strategy too.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    good video...yep, that's got to be an ISTP. I could tell by the way he bounced.

I always wanted to do some kind of martial arts. Just for the challenge and co-ordinated movement. Bet there's lots of opportunity for strategy too.
    haha rag doll.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ViCyniC View Post
    I do enjoy when I take risks, but I don't go overboard or become reckless because I seem to be more aware of the dangers and what can possibly go wrong. I sense that others may be even more risk takers than I am, but at the same time they probably have not assessed the potential dangers and how the environment behaves around them. For me, it's a balance between having fun and being safe.
    hmm...seems to be a universal disconnect between the concept of what is actually risky and what ISTP's just naturally do.

Permabanned

hmm...seems to be a universal disconnect between the concept of what is actually risky and what ISTP's just naturally do.
    I think the risk taking behavior is more SP than anything though... I always see "risk-takers" in the descriptions but I can never relate to that, I always consider myself safe.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    I thought risk in a video-game is going kamakaze(sp?). The person who says, screw it, jumps out in the middle and just goes berzerk. I must have confused stupidity with risk
    That too...I also confuse doing dumb shit with risks...but I call it dumb shit. Maybe I'm insecure about my dumb shit behavior.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Part of getting older is looking back when something comes up that reminds...

Holy crap! I did that? wtf was I thinking?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Part of getting older is looking back when something comes up that reminds...

Holy crap! I did that? wtf was I thinking?
    yeah, my risk-taking has been in steady decline for about 15 years.

i remember someone on here saying that STPs take calculated risks, so what seems like risk to others doesn't seem like a risk to us.
    a lot of times i see and take an opportunity, and someone else calls it a risk.