User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Am I an ISFP?

MBTI
    ISFP

Default Am I an ISFP?

Hey guys, I'm new here. I've taken several personality tests before and I'd say 80% of the time I get an ISFP. I do think it sounds like me, but sometimes the descriptions can be vague and could fit a lot of people I think. So I wanted to see if any other ISFP members have any of the same characteristics I do...then maybe I'll know for sure if this is me:

--I'd say I'm really quiet and have always had a close low key group of friends...and I like it that way. Except I do wish I wasn't as quiet sometimes. I feel like it just becomes a habit. I'm really bad at conversation even with casual friends at times.

--I can't make an important decision to save my life. I hate boxing myself in and I always feel like I have to have multiple options. I think I made college way more stressful on myself than necessary by transferring and switching majors and now I can't even decide if I want to graduate.

--I really do like people and have found that I need a social aspect to my life or I get depressed. Having an active social life makes me enjoy alone time much more. I hate being alone all the time.

--When in a group setting I feel involved even if I'm not talking but I forget that other people in the group probably think I'm weird or not listening for not paying attention.

--I avoid conflict. I do have opinions but I know how to not let disagreements effect a relationship with someone.

--I'm easy going and low key to the extreme. I've been accused of being too laid back and that "you never get mad at anyone."

--The idea of settling on one career path scares the crap out of me...and I'm not against college but I can't stand that society thinks it's necessary. I also have a bad attitude towards corporate America though I think it'd be hard for me to move to another country.

This is just some things I have noticed about my personality. I do wish I was a little more out there with people because I really do like others though sometimes I think they think I'm being snotty or something. I also have a fear of rejection...which is normal I guess? But I've never been in a real relationship and as time goes on it just seems like it's getting more difficult to find someone(but not that I put a lot of effort into it anyways)

Anyways, this post is getting long but I'd love to talk with anyone who shares the same traits...or even if you don't...I like learning new things from different people.

MBTI
    ISFP

Oh yeah and I could live for road trips and live music.

If I could tour the world while doing something with music I'd be set for life. I'd just have to choose where to go!

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

This sounds pretty close to my personality.
    So I'm gonna brand you with the official ISFP marker.
    But of coarse, lets wait for the other...what 3 or 4 ISFPs to make their rounds in here to give you more information. They know what they're talking about usually.
    I'm just the entertainer
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Reading through, sounds pretty reasonable to me.

There's a lot more to do in life vs. sitting behind a desk or in a cube. If you don't want to go to college, I simply wouldn't do it.

If you can think of a trade you might be interested in, many community college graduates earn as good or better incomes and enjoy greater job stability.

If there's something you already love to do, and are naturally good at it...just do whatever that is.

Why not become a "roadie"...???

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You seem pretty ISFP, you'd know if you were ESFP. I can't really comment any further though...

Check these links out-

ISFP
    ISFP - On A Team
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    Reading through, sounds pretty reasonable to me.

There's a lot more to do in life vs. sitting behind a desk or in a cube. If you don't want to go to college, I simply wouldn't do it.

If you can think of a trade you might be interested in, many community college graduates earn as good or better incomes and enjoy greater job stability.

If there's something you already love to do, and are naturally good at it...just do whatever that is.

Why not become a "roadie"...???

Here's the thing...I'm like one semester from graduation lol. I have no idea what I'm doing but if I've suffered this far I can put up with it a little longer. I think an office job would kill me.

Quote Originally Posted by gdhc08 View Post
    I think an office job would kill me.
    Oh, ditto.

I'm an ISFP and I could relate to your description, most of it. (Except for the live music -- since I've only been to one live concert in my life, and I only sort-of liked it. However I do really enjoy orchestra/jazz/band concerts.)

Btw, do you know your Enneagram type?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by gdhc08 View Post
    Here's the thing...I'm like one semester from graduation lol. I have no idea what I'm doing but if I've suffered this far I can put up with it a little longer. I think an office job would kill me.
    One semester? yeh best to go ahead and finish just in case for later down the road. People tend to completely change careers quite a few times.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Sounds pretty ISFP to me.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

Yes you sound like an ISFP! Do you like nature, animals, music, art, kids .. other indicators of being an ISFP.

As far as office job, I was a legal secretary years ago for about 11 years and while it could be boring at times, I liked the social aspect, the routine, the comfortable conditions (indoors, AC, heated). It paid well and provided good benefits. ALso it provided structure to my life which was desperately needed at the time.

Before dropping out you may want to consider how you are going to survive in the future with our economic situation rather than if you will be happy in a job. Starving will not bring you happiness, that's for sure! Just my 2 cents. We ISFPs usually don't look to the future, but live in the moment. Many moments go bye and before you know it you wake up and you are middle aged and only 20 years until retirement. It goes by in a blink of an eye.

Welcome!