Thread: Am I an ISFP?

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm gonna say no since everybody else is saying yes.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ISFP

Re office jobs, another former legal secretary here. I did occasionally find the work too repetitive but firms vary tremendously depending on what kind of law they specialize in.

Also have worked as an executive secretary. An ability to get along with all sorts of people can be a tremendous asset there, and I didn't find it boring. It was about the people. I wasn't exactly the most conservative dresser -- I can't stand matching business suit apparel -- but unstructured jackets with interesting tops, plus non-matching but coordinating pants/skirt, yes. I often liked to go to a nearby park for lunch and watch the hummingbirds dive-bomb each other. Something that's key with an office job is to have balance.

So, just to say: remain flexible. :-) I didn't catch if you were about to graduate from high school or college. If high school, taking a year off before further schooling always sounded like a good idea to me. Or, if you decide to study plumbing or some hands-on community college career, go for it. If you decide on a bachelor's degree now or later, maybe go for something generalist. Schooling does usually affect salary and your ability to afford health care, car repairs, etc.

Have you taken a career planning course? Some are quite good.

MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by ster View Post
    Oh, ditto.

I'm an ISFP and I could relate to your description, most of it. (Except for the live music -- since I've only been to one live concert in my life, and I only sort-of liked it. However I do really enjoy orchestra/jazz/band concerts.)

Btw, do you know your Enneagram type?
    sorry, what's an enneagram?

and thanks everyone for your input! a few times i've come up isfj or infp but confirmation from others is a lot of help

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I totally agree. I just graduated high school in may 09 and I'm taking a year off to work or chill or to pick up on my hobbies. I have plans to start college fall '10 to either major in graphic design or fashion design. I'm also interested in minoring in journalism
    So you can most deffinatley take a break. Just evaluate what you want or where you'd like to be and see how you can get there. Not everyone is ment to go to college, but if you are, I say go for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ISFP

yeah, you sound pretty ISFP to me too. Making life decisions is tough, I still don't know what I want to do. I've graduated from college (only changed my major once, but did add a totally unrelated minor in the last year) and didn't know what I wanted to do, but I like school alright so I applied for grad school and got in. I don't know for sure what to do when I get out, and it scares me that getting an advanced degree sometimes narrows the type of work people will hire you for, I like to keep my options open too! I'm thinking about becoming a community college professor though. But I don't think I'll ever really decide that's what I want to be until I've been one for about a year lol. I don't think I really make life decisions so much as life happens and I either stick with it if I like it, or make changes if I don't.

MBTI
    IXFX
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by gdhc08 View Post
    sorry, what's an enneagram?

and thanks everyone for your input! a few times i've come up isfj or infp but confirmation from others is a lot of help
    An enneagram is a personality test which types you as one of 9 numbers. Your number is the personality that describes you the best.
    These descriptions are from How the Enneagram Personality System Works

Type One is principled, purposeful, self-controlled, and perfectionistic.

Type Two is demonstrative, generous, people-pleasing, and possessive.

Type Three is adaptive, excelling, driven, and image-conscious.

Type Four is expressive, dramatic, self-absorbed, and temperamental.

Type Five is perceptive, innovative, secretive, and isolated.

Type Six is engaging, responsible, anxious, and suspicious.

Type Seven is spontaneous, versatile, distractible, and scattered.

Type Eight is self-confident, decisive, willful, and confrontational.

Type Nine is receptive, reassuring, agreeable, and complacent.

I usually get 2 or 9 as my dominant type, then 5, then 6 or 1.
    There are also 3 "variants": Social, Self Preservation and Sexual. My variants were scored in that order (social being dominant and sexual being the inferior one). Note that you can be an introvert and still score highly on the social variant, and scoring lowly on the sexual variant does not mean you're bad in bed, I think it just has something to do with not being very assertive or something.
    There are also "wings" of each type but I'm not really sure how they work.

As for whether you're an isfj, infp or isfp...you've pretty much defined yourself as having the introverted and feeling preferences.

For the Sensing/Intuition, ask yourself if you're practical and grounded (Sensors), or more abstract and imaginative (Intuitors).

For Judging/Perceiving, ask yourself if you're more structured, orderly and decisive (Judging) or more open minded, flexible and indecisive (Perceiving).

MBTI
    IXFX
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

I've found out what the wings on the enneagram are supposed to mean. They are the numbers next to the enneagram type.

E.g. number 4 can either be 4w3 or 4w5
    number 6 can be 6w5 or 6w7

I've scored as 2w1, 9w1 and 5w4.