First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Hm... what makes me happy...

Food, for sure. It sounds like a really simple thing, but goodness... there's nothing like an awesome meal.

I love going on trips. Anywhere from beaches to even just a fun place in my city that I've never been to. Last summer, an ExTP friend of mine was fixing to move out of Austin, and wanted to go do all these different Austiny things... so we did stuff like go to a cave tour about 30 min away or to a really remote blues bar. Stuff like that is fun... it's adventurous and new. Having a fun, light-hearted, adventurous weekend where you live from moment to moment is always a very pleasant, refreshing thing for me. I like to mix things up.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    Food, for sure. It sounds like a really simple thing, but goodness... there's nothing like an awesome meal.
    I'm not sure some people understand how happy food makes me! I see eating as a huge chore. Don't get me wrong, I like food. But I have to decide what I want, where I wanna get it, if I wanna make it, what I have available, how far is it to get it, who wants to go, how much do I have to clean up, how long will it take...zomg. I hate that part of eating. If someone shows up with pretty much any food that I can put on a plate and eat (or even eat out of the container), I'm thrilled! It saves me this internal issue that usually leads me to putting off eating until I'm starving. Then I settle for cheese and crackers...or something equally simple to "make".

So yeah...food is good, mkay?
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    I'm not sure some people understand how happy food makes me! I see eating as a huge chore. Don't get me wrong, I like food. But I have to decide what I want, where I wanna get it, if I wanna make it, what I have available, how far is it to get it, who wants to go, how much do I have to clean up, how long will it take...zomg. I hate that part of eating. If someone shows up with pretty much any food that I can put on a plate and eat (or even eat out of the container), I'm thrilled! It saves me this internal issue that usually leads me to putting off eating until I'm starving. Then I settle for cheese and crackers...or something equally simple to "make".

I dont know if I can put enough to properly express this importance. I am easy when it comes to food.

edit: now that I think about this more, I frequently skip lunch at work because I dont feel like getting up and going to eat. I can convince myself that I ned to get out of the office and go for a ride which ends up with me at a drive through with food being handed to me prepared. mmmm....easy food

MBTI
    ISTP
    Socionics
    ISTP

Yeah, food and trips. Not that I get/do a lot of either, but when it happens, I'm feelin pretty good.

I love riding on airplanes, and especially love takeoff. Again, don't do it so much, but when I do, I'm enjoying it.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

trips are cool indeed
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by ViCyniC View Post
    Yeah, food and trips. Not that I get/do a lot of either, but when it happens, I'm feelin pretty good.

I love riding on airplanes, and especially love takeoff. Again, don't do it so much, but when I do, I'm enjoying it.
    So to some it up, we are lazy about what we want and have learned to live happily this way, but really appreciate it when others do things that we want.

This post is like deja vu, didnt I post this elsewhere?

Edit: with me though when it comes to what others wants I am not lazy at all.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Hahaha.... Couldn't agree with you more, as shown by this post
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    Hahaha.... Couldn't agree with you more, as shown by this post
    Bahahahahahahahahahaha! I LOVE that post! It's so complex to decide what to eat!
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    STP

Bahahahahahahahahahaha! I LOVE that post! It's so complex to decide what to eat!
    I did a diet based on protien, carbs, fat and did a spreadsheet where I can pick and choose foods and it did all the calculations. My next step was for it to list my options, but I got off the diet before it became fully featured.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3

Quote Originally Posted by Heinel View Post
    You're not going to like this but I'll paraphrase you.

"I think there is a problem, but it's not my problem. It is his problem. He needs to fix it. I don't know why he doesn't do it but whatever it is holding him up he needs to change. ... He didn't change. It's alright I can put it off. ... He didn't change. It's alright I can put if off. ... [loop]"

As far as I can see you're only pushing yourself ever closer to the cliff.
    Oh yeah... right on the head. It is more complicated than that though. It is this "cycle" that I get in when I have no immediate solution that I can see available to me. It isn't a permanent state by any means, or I really wouldn't put up with it. Usually I deal with this for a while on one issue and either something changes in the way I feel about it or I have an idea on how I can get out of the loop. Then I may come back to it again & again but it gets better every time until I don't see a problem anymore.

I'm not saying you're view of it is wrong, because it is very potentially destructive and though it isn't the whole picture, it is scary as hell. It is involuntary & does not happen that often. It has happened more in this ISTP relationship than at any other time in my life but it has not been fruitless. I went through this loop over & over on several issues that aren't issues anymore. (Usually because of efforts we both made). Once I discover what I can do to make things better for myself I break out of it. If there ever came a time where I couldn't break out of it or my only option to be okay again was to leave him, I would.