First 12

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    Anyways, below I've posted a link to an article on T women. It includes quotes from a variety of T women about their experiences: being tomboyish, being criticized for being blunt when a woman would be expected to be tactful, disinterest in "girl talk", etc.

What's it Like to be a Thinking Woman? What's it Like to be a Feeling Man?

Oh, it also talks about romantic relationships between T women and F men. Was it you who mentioned being married to an ISFJ guy?
    Thank you for the link! So much of what was said in there is spot on, even when they talked about the F men. I'm not married, but yes, my guy is ISFJ.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

I can relate to your post.

I have always been a tomboy. I perfer guy friends to female friends. I can't stand the cattiness or/and pettiness and don't even know what girly girls talk about. I was in the military and thought nothing about hard work. In fact, I enjoy working out in a gym. Unfortunately, most guys tell me that they can't just be my friend. My best friend is my husband (ISTP).

I relate to N women who have a tomboy streak, who can take my off beat humour and understand that even though I tell it as it is, my intension are good. (one of my sister-in-law understands this - ESFP and the other one doesn't - ESFP)

As for clothes, I don't dress like a lady. Love my jeans but I do like clothes that fit me and flatter my shape (and I know what does). However, I would say comfort over fashion especially in the winter. I don't wear make up, nor style my hair, it's usually in a ponytail.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    The cockblockers?
    Exactly, lol.

MBTI
    ESTP

I am an ESTP woman. I wouldn't hazard saying that it's a type thing.

However, I can relate to what you said.
    I have 3 female friends that are my best friends and with whom I can share my feelings. And it's been the same three persons for years (and one of them is my sister).

Other than that, it's relatively hard to find females with whom I actually have what to talk. I get along much, much better with guys. In all my life situations which implied meeting new people, guys were the first I got to hand around with or to talk to.

It's not that I am tomboyish. I am not. At all, in fact. I go for the girly stuff at times, I dress in girly clothes and I don't need an occasion to look sexy.

I don't find talking to females difficult, but it is just much easier to me to talk to males. Aside from the aforementioned three friends, pretty much every girl I have met and tried to befriend was simply not on my wavelength and this, ultimately made things not to work out.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post
    I've never had luck with finding and keeping friends of my own sex. With the exception of two like-minded ladies I've been lucky enough to find, I've only ever had male friends. The only women I've ever gotten along with have always had a tomboyish streak in them. Women are largely an enigma to me.

I'm not a girly-girl. I only use a purse because I need to be able to carry medicine with me. My idea of a cute outfit is a button-down shit over a cami with jeans. I like baseball and military-style caps. I do have dresses and heels and makeup and all that, but those are more special occasion sort of things.

I don't understand the passive-aggressive, back-biting give-and-take I've observed from other girls I've known. I don't smack-talk other people in order to form a bond with my friends. That doesn't make me want to get closer to them, it just lets me know who not to trust. My directness and the fact that I don't reciprocate with the gossip tends to put off or confuse the women I've known.

And notice, I keep saying "the women I've known." Not labeling or anything, this is based on my own experience.

Do you other ESTP women tend to have a problem with this? I'm curious to see if this might be an issue associated with my personality type.

Or maybe I just suck at identifying with my people. ;D
    You sound like my clone and I'm an ENFJ.
    I have a lot of SP rebelliousness going on and a lot of T "logic" though...not the standard for my type, but then again, who is?
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by SerengetiBetty View Post
    Same problem. 99% of my female friends fall into the "manly" category. My best friends are ESTP, INTJ and ENTJ so when we get together empires crumble

Lately I've been meeting more NFs and SFs. I think they sort of see me as their pet project, but i also see them as my pet projects too. i don't get some of their behavior - like being mad at a guy for not asking you out when you were going to say no anyway .
    Oh god, does this mean people think NFs are girly girls?
    I'm a liberal tomboy punk rock gal. Who doesn't give a shit about the latest trend, hates popular snobs, especially the ones who see tomboys as "pet projects"
    Maybe I've been mistyped ^^ Nah, I think I'm just not typical o:
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm not an ESTP, a tomboy by all definitions (I am by some), but I am drawn towards people who communicate directly. I was never able to be involved with groups of girls, especially when there were emotional games involved. I think I am not able to function in that dynamic. I avoid people who play games or who are passive-aggressive because it makes interactions too complicated. Occasionally guys do the gossip and games as well. I generally had more guy friends, but also some girls. It was mainly individuals who were out of step socially, somewhat lonely, or had some kinds of ideas they liked to talk about. I wasn't particularly chummy with people. It's not that I don't like people or purposely avoid friendships, but the gossip and games part is not something I'm able to know what to do about. It confuses me and throws me into over-analysis mode, and I'm never able to make sense out of it, and then I realize how much time was wasted and realize the only thing to do is avoid those scenarios.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.