• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Define Fi for an SP

wolfy

awsm
Functions are exactly like koans. That is where their use lies.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It is interesting that both Fi and Se are sometimes described as a gut feeling.

Maybe this helps...

When I use Ne to figure something out or make an association aka a gut feeling, I'll have this 'ohhh oh ohh!' feeling and it'll physically be felt in my head. I'll be all excited as well.

Whereas with Fi, I'll have two choices in front of me, close my eyes and think of each choice seperately, without analyzing it. The one that gives me the warm, fuzzy, true feeling, that literally warms my heart, is the one that's right for me. That's Fi. And for me it is felt near the heart. And upon reaching that decision, I'll feel calm and at peace, as well as happy, possibly even filled with bliss.

As for a definition of Fi in SPs, I'd say, it's what helps you decide whether you like a piece of art or not, whether you're on the right track when creating art. The thing that tells you that in a song, that one high note was exactly placed at the right place, to give you those extra shivers running down your back. It makes you realize that something is just right for you, resonates with you and is in sync with you, whehter this be a piece of art, a song, a decision, the way a home has been furnished, anything really :)

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I've always found it usefull to compare Fi with it's partner, Te. Both of them are often employed in same situation. For example, consider the preparations for the familiy holiday. Te is making a big list: check the distance we have to drive, make sure the car has enough fuel, and where there are likely to be petrol station. What do we need to take with us and how much space do we have? Do we need a roof rack? A tailer? What about food?

At the same time Fi is making a list as well: Don't forget to take some games with us in the car, otherwise the kids will go crazy with boredom. Make sure little Morgan has his favourite teddy bear, otherwise he is going to be miserable for a week. What food canhe take so that everyone has something they like?

Fi can be quite... utilitarian... at times! This is where the two functions are similar. One is concerned with emotional needs, the other logistical ones. I think that's why types that have one also have the other. Switching from one mind set to the other is little more than a step sideways.

Fi makes allowances for other peoples wants and needs, even if it doesn't always feel the need to interact with everyone it meets. Fe wants to "bounce" off everyone, but isn't necessarily so considerate.

This, at least, is my understanding of Fi.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe this helps...

When I use Ne to figure something out or make an association aka a gut feeling, I'll have this 'ohhh oh ohh!' feeling and it'll physically be felt in my head. I'll be all excited as well.

Whereas with Fi, I'll have two choices in front of me, close my eyes and think of each choice seperately, without analyzing it. The one that gives me the warm, fuzzy, true feeling, that literally warms my heart, is the one that's right for me. That's Fi. And for me it is felt near the heart. And upon reaching that decision, I'll feel calm and at peace, as well as happy, possibly even filled with bliss.

As for a definition of Fi in SPs, I'd say, it's what helps you decide whether you like a piece of art or not, whether you're on the right track when creating art. The thing that tells you that in a song, that one high note was exactly placed at the right place, to give you those extra shivers running down your back. It makes you realize that something is just right for you, resonates with you and is in sync with you, whehter this be a piece of art, a song, a decision, the way a home has been furnished, anything really :)

I like that definition. I know 2 songs on a piano, but it would be when I take those 2 songs and adjust the tempo, the length I hold each note, etc. to sound perfect for the mood I in and I know nothing about musical theory.

I have had a few things recently that I felt in my heart, that just seemed like it would make things perfect and bliss if not for just a moment. The thought just felt right.

wolfy

awsm

That helps. I can see that.