Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Default ISTPs...Is she right?

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    ISTP
    Good: Calm. Clever. Always into something new or unusual. Mentally impossible to break. Determined. Weirdly easy going. Loves you with a level of intensity that you can't imagine. Protective.

Bad: Go find a manual on how to defuse a bomb. Immediately.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    My bomb has a very long fuse, but I would say yes.

Calm - to a fault

Clever - I wont admit to clever, smart, intelligent, etc. :zipped lips:

Always into something new or unusual - I love to learn pretty much anything, I have sat there interested while my grandma explained how she makes pottery.

Mentally impossible to break - I will let you know what I want you to know.

Determined - I dont take no for an answer, I will break you and get what I want. Patience trumps everything.

Weirdly easy going - Despite our ability to have an emotionally high IQ, we are extremely emotionally stable which allows us to be very easy going and care free.

Loves you with a level of intensity that you can't imagine - I cant explain either, but .

Protective - extremely protective.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Who do you love and protect and how does it show?

I always get the impression you boys don't have a lot of patience actually. Determined, yes..but also in a hurry and not about to put up with someone's crap

And what's the ETA on the bomb, and where's the manual to defuse it???
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

The manual consists of one page, and it has only one word on that page.

Move.

MBTI
    STP

Who do you love and protect and how does it show?

I always get the impression you boys don't have a lot of patience actually. Determined, yes..but also in a hurry and not about to put up with someone's crap

And what's the ETA on the bomb, and where's the manual to defuse it???
    I will let people handle there own battles, but I will step in if it gets out of hand. My wife can generally handle her own battles with others so I dont step in much in this regard. With her its more protecting her from herself. Trying to keep her wants from being pushed back because of her drive. Imagine trying to protect someone from yourself though.

I would think that being P is about being open and understanding and that is what drives patience.

For me, I hold the manual and I decide if I let it blow or not and control how much it blows. I am in complete control of my internal world.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

So I cannot convince you to at least let me skim the manual?

What about your friends? Do you protect them, show them that you care in a specific way?

In fact, what does an ISTP who's falling in love look like?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    STP

So I cannot convince you to at least let me skim the manual?

What about your friends? Do you protect them, show them that you care in a specific way?

In fact, what does an ISTP who's falling in love look like?
    I try to treat everyone the same, pretty much everyone I care about I love in differing intensities and I will protect them all. People just kinda slowly move up the chain of importance in my life.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    My bomb has a very long fuse, but I would say yes.

Calm - to a fault

Clever - I wont admit to clever, smart, intelligent, etc. :zipped lips:

Always into something new or unusual - I love to learn pretty much anything, I have sat there interested while my grandma explained how she makes pottery.

Mentally impossible to break - I will let you know what I want you to know.

Determined - I dont take no for an answer, I will break you and get what I want. Patience trumps everything.

Weirdly easy going - Despite our ability to have an emotionally high IQ, we are extremely emotionally stable which allows us to be very easy going and care free.

Loves you with a level of intensity that you can't imagine - I cant explain either, but .

Protective - extremely protective.

I like your style!

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

ISTP
    Good: Calm. Clever. Always into something new or unusual. Mentally impossible to break. Determined. Weirdly easy going. Loves you with a level of intensity that you can't imagine. Protective.

Bad: Go find a manual on how to defuse a bomb. Immediately.
    i like this description. but it is pretty flattering.
    it does seem like a lot of ISTPs are pretty clever, i have never felt that way though. i feel i am more of a slow and constant pace, without the quickness for being clever.
    and i think i am not into new things that often. maybe it seems that way to others because i don't always talk about all my interests, so i might not ever mention something i really enjoy unless it comes up naturally.

and with the bomb thing, it is very very rare that i get angry, it usually takes very serious issues of integrity to trigger me. but i do tend to really go at it when i do get angry.
    i will give away one of my secrets, if i am right on the verge of a total explosion i always say: "i am not in the mood." that's true.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

ISTP

Calm. Oh yes. He does once in a while go off on little '[something] could be better if...' rants, but it's never serious and passes as quickly as it comes. It's just one of the ways he works himself up into comic giddiness. He's very calm most other times, especially when in 'scanning the environment for dangers' mode and his 'take action' mode. And I've never had an actual fight with him in our six months together - the two times his actions hurt/angered me were because I didn't know or understand him well enough to see otherwise. He's never one to escalate things. He defuses my bomb in a logical, matter-of-fact way that sometimes leaves me speechless.

Clever. Oh my, this is one of the things I love best about him! Very funny and witty. Totally disarming. If it wasn't such a charming trait, I'd get annoyed because many of my serious conversations get derailed with his off-the-cuff smart@ss remarks. But he can turn off his mischievousness and be there for me when I truly need a listener.

Always into something new or unusual. Well, in his own words, he's attracted to bright and shiny objects. And to date, we have not eaten at the same restaurant twice! He is very adventurous and spontaneous, but astonishingly, he has never left the country, so one of my goals is to get us traveling abroad.

Mentally impossible to break. Hmm. I've never tried to mentally break him, so not sure what to say to that, but it sounds like him. He's fearless. Not stubborn to an irrational degree, flexible and open enough to revise his ideas if you give him sound reasoning. Very focused. When he is concentrating on something, he gives it his ALL.

Determined. Um, similar to above. When I tell him, "sigh this is impossible..." he's always ready to refute me. Nada es imposible for him. He is very positive, very confident, very 'doer'. Not one to encourage with words, but does so inadvertently by his example.

Weirdly easy going. Like what I said about Calm above. He's all about 'Live and let live'. This makes me do and say odd, silly things, and sometimes even politically incorrect things, just to see how easygoing he is. Yeah, he's pretty tolerant but still has his opinions on stuff, which he doesn't necessarily feel the need to reveal.

Loves you with a level of intensity that you can't imagine. I hope this is true. Sounds like INFP love. All I know is, the level of trust and closeness has slowly but surely grown between us with a lot of time (at least a few months). It used to be that I'd doubt whether he really cared for me, or if he was just using me. It was his secretiveness, lack of affectionate gestures, and my own cynicism that made me doubt him. But as time went on, I learned to not fear initiating what I wanted from him, to totally trust him, and in turn, he has opened up a lot more and isn't afraid to be more affectionate with me. Makes me feel like I am truly earning his love, his every kiss, his every word of endearment, and really makes me look forward to what the future has in store! His love isn't cheap. It's genuine and full of integrity.

Protective. Yes. Very. From the get-go. But not overly. He keeps me from walking into traffic (not that I actually would! :steam: ). He makes sure I take my vitamins (if only for the amusement of seeing me grumble while eating them). He makes sure I'm always fed well. He definitely watches out for me, in a subtle way. And comfortingly, he usually takes my side when I rant about something.