User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Default istp specifics in love

i have asked istps why they have loved certain romantic interests so much and it seems they cannot give me a specific answer.

is this an istp thing? i guess i'm looking for something that says, "she was completely different than anyone i'd ever met before and here is why..." but instead all i get is, "she was a cool girl" or "he treated me well."

totally not a bad thing at all, but i find it interesting.

i guess i'm looking for the X factor to be defined, and maybe i'm not capable of it either... i dunno. just curious if other istps can describe the specifics or unique qualities about their past or current persons.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    i have asked istps why they have loved certain romantic interests so much and it seems they cannot give me a specific answer.

is this an istp thing? i guess i'm looking for something that says, "she was completely different than anyone i'd ever met before and here is why..." but instead all i get is, "she was a cool girl" or "he treated me well."

totally not a bad thing at all, but i find it interesting.

i guess i'm looking for the X factor to be defined, and maybe i'm not capable of it either... i dunno. just curious if other istps can describe the specifics or unique qualities about their past or current persons.
    That is just it.. the X factor cannot be defined.. It just is.. It's going to that place that is intangible .. It's spiritual.. it's connection.. It's freedom from condition.. It's not an easy to place to get to.. and less easy to define..

The people I have LOVED.. and who loved me.. showed me a different version of life and myself..Allowed me to dream.. allowed me to exist beyond my own constructs and perceptions..I grew.. even if the relationship didn't grow or ended badly.. I grew.. and That is why I love them..
    Does that make sense??

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by No Exit View Post
    That is just it.. the X factor cannot be defined.. It just is.. It's going to that place that is intangible .. It's spiritual.. it's connection.. It's freedom from condition.. It's not an easy to place to get to.. and less easy to define..
    This.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

The people I have LOVED.. and who loved me.. showed me a different version of life and myself..Allowed me to dream.. allowed me to exist beyond my own constructs and perceptions..I grew.. even if the relationship didn't grow or ended badly.. I grew.. and That is why I love them..
    Does that make sense??
    +1. There isn't really a defining factor. While everyone I've cared about has certainly been unique, it was the unique connection they had with me that had the most value to me. It was any sort of relationship that was fun, new, fascinating, interesting and/or exciting. It was a relationship/person I could learn from... someone that could always surprise me and teach me something new. Someone that could balance me out. I've never been attracted to people too similar to me... nor people TOO different than me. An in between is perfect.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    +1. There isn't really a defining factor. While everyone I've cared about has certainly been unique, it was the unique connection they had with me that had the most value to me. It was any sort of relationship that was fun, new, fascinating, interesting and/or exciting. It was a relationship/person I could learn from... someone that could always surprise me and teach me something new. Someone that could balance me out. I've never been attracted to people too similar to me... nor people TOO different than me. An in between is perfect.
    I hate to do this AGAIN, but +1!!!

People who are too different make my hair stand on end. They end up annoying me more than anything.... And people who are too similar - they're boring! They're just like me!

Sometimes it's just 'cause the person is nice to me...uh, but not too nice. I don't want a doormat. Someone who shows a genuine interest in me and in my well being. I like spontaneity. Someone who can keep a conversation going, but who can also enjoy quiet time around me. I like thinkers. A sense of humor is a must!

This certainly isn't a comprehensive list, but they are things I value in a partner.
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    STP

Does that make sense??
    +1 Defining these things are limiting yourself to a set of rules you are looking for. No Exit hit it dead on when he said that its more spiritual, its a feeling, and that feelings is not something we analyze in a relationship. I can tell you what works, what doesnt, what I like, what I dont, but love is a combination of everything to the point where what drives the feeling can not possibly be described.

Its possible to love someone for one reason while not liking that reason in someone else. Because people handle things differently. Its like saying you love determination, but when determination leads to frustration and then anger you may decide you dont like determination, when its the way its handled that you didnt like. Because of this I dont have a desire to try and limit myself with what does and doesnt make me love people. I either love them as a whole or I dont.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

No Exit really nailed it. great post, No Exit!

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    love is a combination of everything to the point where what drives the feeling can not possibly be described.
    i agree. and to me, love is all the more meaningful because it is impossible to describe.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    I hate to do this AGAIN, but +1!!!

People who are too different make my hair stand on end. They end up annoying me more than anything.... And people who are too similar - they're boring! They're just like me!

Sometimes it's just 'cause the person is nice to me...uh, but not too nice. I don't want a doormat. Someone who shows a genuine interest in me and in my well being. I like spontaneity. Someone who can keep a conversation going, but who can also enjoy quiet time around me. I like thinkers. A sense of humor is a must!
    This certainly isn't a comprehensive list, but they are things I value in a partner.
    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    +1 Defining these things are limiting yourself to a set of rules you are looking for. No Exit hit it dead on when he said that its more spiritual, its a feeling, and that feelings is not something we analyze in a relationship. I can tell you what works, what doesnt, what I like, what I dont, but love is a combination of everything to the point where what drives the feeling can not possibly be described.

Its possible to love someone for one reason while not liking that reason in someone else. Because people handle things differently.
    Its like saying you love determination, but when determination leads to frustration and then anger you may decide you dont like determination, when its the way its handled that you didnt like. Because of this I dont have a desire to try and limit myself with what does and doesnt make me love people. I either love them as a whole or I dont.
    Hahaha... I'm beginning to believe that we all think as a single unit. We should just nominate a single spokesperson for each thread.

On a more serious note, yeah, spontaneity/humor is pretty much the only thing I can think of that is a requirement. Everything else is subjective, kinda like Poki said. I can really admire a trait in one person, and despise it in another. It's the "whole" of the person. How well does it mesh with the rest of them, and how does it fit? I think if I could apply one word to it, it's "consistency" within a person's attitudes, thoughts, behavior, etc. that is really important to me. I usually don't take to people that appear to have very inconsistent behavior. It strikes me as ingenuine and fake. Now this isn't to be confused with being predictable... that would be boring. If someone does something I don't expect, but I'm able to logically relate it to the rest of their behavior, that's still "consistent" in my book. And now I'm going of on some obscure tangent... Oops.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    STP

Hahaha... I'm beginning to believe that we all think as a single unit. We should just nominate a single spokesperson for each thread.

On a more serious note, yeah, spontaneity/humor is pretty much the only thing I can think of that is a requirement. Everything else is subjective, kinda like Poki said. I can really admire a trait in one person, and despise it in another. It's the "whole" of the person. How well does it mesh with the rest of them, and how does it fit? I think if I could apply one word to it, it's "consistency" within a person's attitudes, thoughts, behavior, etc. that is really important to me. I usually don't take to people that appear to have very inconsistent behavior. It strikes me as ingenuine and fake. Now this isn't to be confused with being predictable... that would be boring. If someone does something I don't expect, but I'm able to logically relate it to the rest of their behavior, that's still "consistent" in my book. And now I'm going of on some obscure tangent... Oops.
    Thats because logic is logical If we take it any deeper it wouldnt be logical any more Everything beyond logic is in the moment which is our external world.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

thanks for response (not plural) +1ers... at least there is consistency... aaaahahahha. funny.