• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] ESTPs and video games

Bullitt

MBTI Type
EStP
Hi guys!

I am bit curious about how much - or little - ESTPs are into video games? Is there a connection between the SP part and enjoyment of rapid-fast paced entertainment e.g. like first person shooters?

One part though is that thing about ESTPs do not like to sit still, but on the other hand - they should have a thing for sports and action, right???

I also have the impression that introverted NT types are very much interested in strategy games and the like.

I am curious to hear if any you other ESTPs are gamers or even movie buffs - and if so - what genres do you prefer? (action? adult?) :cheese:

une_autre

MBTI Type
ESTP
Yeah, well I used to play Counter Strike and other games like that.
And from time to time I still play video games, though for the moment I like car games better, it's just more competitive.
But even so, I don't really spend my time on video games. They are good for killing time, however, I hate missing out on what life has to offer in favour of a mere sequence of 1s and 0s.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I know this one ESTP who's been an avid gamer for the past... twenty years (majority of his life).

He almost never plays alone. He has friends coming at his place to play all kinds of games all the time. The game doesn't even have to be multiplayable to be multiplayable in his hands. :D

Games he prefer strongly are strategical games (4X games are mostly his favorites). He's also into sport games.

He's always creating new rules and settings for these games... and he's promoting them. When playing a boxing game, he makes all the necessary announcement, play their real intro musics and pretends in all the ways he's part of a great boxing event.

Sandbox-RPGs are also his favorites. Games such as Oblivion and Fallout. But they of course come along with great deal of fabricated content, just as the boxing game I mentioned.

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
And from time to time I still play video games, though for the moment I like car games better, it's just more competitive.

That's so interesting to me. I hate competition. The idea that something could be more enjoyable because it elicits greater feelings of a competitive nature is very foreign to me as an ENFJ. It's not that I don't feel a high from some competition. It just has very little meaning for me. I would rather play a game that involves solitary exploration like the aforementioned Oblivion or Fallout. I like a game that makes me want to see more of it, yearn for it in fact.

une_autre

MBTI Type
ESTP
That's so interesting to me. I hate competition. The idea that something could be more enjoyable because it elicits greater feelings of a competitive nature is very foreign to me as an ENFJ. It's not that I don't feel a high from some competition. It just has very little meaning for me. I would rather play a game that involves solitary exploration like the aforementioned Oblivion or Fallout. I like a game that makes me want to see more of it, yearn for it in fact.

All-in-all, games are designed to let you win. Getting to the end of a path, winning a race, killing all the zombies in that chapter, bla bla. But even if you are "doomed" to win, it gives me more satisfaction to have an illusion of competition.
After all, the road to there is what matters, but you shouldn't forget the destination.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
All-in-all, games are designed to let you win. Getting to the end of a path, winning a race, killing all the zombies in that chapter, bla bla. But even if you are "doomed" to win, it gives me more satisfaction to have an illusion of competition.
After all, the road to there is what matters, but you shouldn't forget the destination.

Rock on. :rock: Solidly put.

I played Atari 2600 when I was a kid (yeah, I'm old, what about it!) and then played some games on my Mac (then a PC) a few years later on.

Four things killed my interest in video games:
(1) Playing acoustic and electric guitar
(2) Weightlifting
(3) Making Money
(4) Women :devil:

I haven't watched TV (with any regularity) for over 15 years. I am less into video games than TV. Real life is just so much more satisfying. :yes: