User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Quiet ESTP's

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Default Quiet ESTP's

Are there quiet/reserved ESTPs or does that just mean they're ISTPs?

I know a couple of definite STPs who are charming, very confident, like to go out every night, are always chasing girls, and very good at promoting themselves.

However, they are not usually very outgoing or friendly at all unless they have been drinking. Usually they're described as quiet and reserved while still being all the things I listed above.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Benny View Post
    Are there quiet/reserved ESTPs or does that just mean they're ISTPs?

I know a couple of definite STPs who are charming, very confident, like to go out every night, are always chasing girls, and very good at promoting themselves.

However, they are not usually very outgoing or friendly at all unless they have been drinking. Usually they're described as quiet and reserved while still being all the things I listed above.
    I can't imagine an ESTP being quiet. If I am just entering into a situation, I will sit back and listen in order to assess who's who and what's going on, but after that I'm barreling ahead at full speed. I'm sure there is alot of variance in the ESTP type, as in all others, but would be surprised if the "quiet" ones were more in number than an outlier.

I know some damn lively introverts. Not all are silent wallflowers, some are truly hilarious and vocal but at times of their choosing, as opposed to by default, like their extrovert cousins...
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Most people don't recognize me as being an introvert. A quiet ESTP?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    Most people don't recognize me as being an introvert. A quiet ESTP?
    Exactly. It just SOUNDS strange! :horor:
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I can't imagine an ESTP being quiet. If I am just entering into a situation, I will sit back and listen in order to assess who's who and what's going on, but after that I'm barreling ahead.
    I've noticed this with ESTPs. Could you explain more, about what you're reading and what you look for?
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    If I am just entering into a situation, I will sit back and listen in order to assess who's who and what's going on, but after that I'm barreling ahead at full speed.
    I went through the bother of registering an account and blahbitty blah blah to say that I am the same way. A direct quote from a biography I wrote for a dating site:

"Upon first meeting me, people typically say I'm pretty quiet, closed off and generally unreadable, but that's only because I'm observing and getting a feel for you. Once I decide that I like you, you're going to be shocked all to hell with the personality flip-flop because I am loud, I am crude, and as much as you might wish I would, I absolutely will not shut up."

And also!

"People always think that I'm shy, quiet, reserved, even stuck up when they first meet me. If appear to be acting this way, more often than not, it's only because a) I'm in a setting or situation that is making me uncomfortable or b) I'm unsure about you and I'm hanging back to learn more about you before I decide if I like you or not."

What I forgot to include (and will probably edit to add) is that if I appear to be quiet, it's because I have my Tact Filter on. (Come to think of it, this actually falls under "uncomfortable situation.") I will blurt out the most amazingly inappropriate things (that I think are hilarious, but what can you do) and have learned that if I'm not sure whether what I'm about to say is going to go over well with present company, and more importantly, I actually care about whether or not I offend said company, it's easier just to just keep my trap shut. I'm being quiet because I'm deciding whether the person or people I'm talking to can handle me or not. I'm trying to be considerate, see?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    I've noticed this with ESTPs. Could you explain more, about what you're reading and what you look for?
    LOOK BELOW...

Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post
    I went through the bother of registering an account and blahbitty blah blah to say that I am the same way. A direct quote from a biography I wrote for a dating site:

"Upon first meeting me, people typically say I'm pretty quiet, closed off and generally unreadable, but that's only because I'm observing and getting a feel for you. Once I decide that I like you, you're going to be shocked all to hell with the personality flip-flop because I am loud, I am crude, and as much as you might wish I would, I absolutely will not shut up."

And also!

"People always think that I'm shy, quiet, reserved, even stuck up when they first meet me. If appear to be acting this way, more often than not, it's only because a) I'm in a setting or situation that is making me uncomfortable or b) I'm unsure about you and I'm hanging back to learn more about you before I decide if I like you or not."

What I forgot to include (and will probably edit to add) is that if I appear to be quiet, it's because I have my Tact Filter on. (Come to think of it, this actually falls under "uncomfortable situation.") I will blurt out the most amazingly inappropriate things (that I think are hilarious, but what can you do) and have learned that if I'm not sure whether what I'm about to say is going to go over well with present company, and more importantly, I actually care about whether or not I offend said company, it's easier just to just keep my trap shut. I'm being quiet because I'm deciding whether the person or people I'm talking to can handle me or not. I'm trying to be considerate, see?
    ^THIS!!! +1!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:

Quotes:

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Man and I thought I have issues
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Man and I thought I have issues
    You do. There will be a self-help workbook out for it next week,. Inside its cover a small hammer will be imbedded in the text. Pull it out and beat yourself over the head with it, and your current problems will subside as new pain manifests.

I really hope they come out with an ESTP workbook soon. Haaa!!!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:

Quotes:

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Main Theme: "There is no cure for petting"
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]