• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] Books for ISFPs (or just Quinlan)

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think you should read Red, Black and White. [three seperate books] by Ted Dekker.
White
Red
I couldnt find the link to Black. But its a very interesting triology.

wolfy

awsm
I don't know what type you like so I'll rattle off a few I liked.

I already suggested The War of Art.
How about...
Finding Flow
Hare and Tortoise Mind
Getting Things Done
Strengthsfinder
dyson
The Medici Effect
Mastery
Made to Stick
Lucky Man
Success Built to Last
Arnold:Education of a Body Builder

wolfy

awsm
bookseer.jpg

Try the Book Seer. He'll know what you want.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
have you ever read Cannery Row by John Steinbeck? it is pretty great.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
All SPs should read this:

The Book Of The SubGenius,: Intro and Ch. 1

Favorite texts of mine when younger:

The Call of the Wild - Jack London
Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger
Dracula - Bram Stoker
Eyes of the Dragon - Stephen King

Recently, I read a book by a Floridian author that was HILARIOUS:

Lucky You - Carl Hiaasen

Hmmm...thinking of others...I don't read many things other than what I have to in order to accomplish what I have to do (work/school) or want to do (play music, make money, build things, plants, etc.) :thinking:

I really like TIME Magazine.

wolfy

awsm
Favorite texts of mine when younger:

The Call of the Wild - Jack London
Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger
Dracula - Bram Stoker
Eyes of the Dragon - Stephen King

Three of those I loved too. I'm going through a phase of reading them again. As that is all they have at the library over here.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
yeah, i liked Call Of The Wild a lot. and Catcher In The Rye is one of my favorite books.

B

brainheart

Callisto by Torsten Krol. One of the most spectacular books I've read in awhile.

Also, American Elf by James Kolchaka. It's a comic strip daily diary gathered into three volumes, and it is perfect.

B

brainheart

Also, I pretty much grew up on all things Ernest Hemingway and F. Scott Fitzgerald. Others: Stuff by Tom Brown, Jr., especially The Tracker. Cormac McCarthy is also good.

Another: How to Be Idle: A Loafer's Manifesto by Tom Hodgkinson

inebriato

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I really enjoyed Twilight, put me to shame. It is a guilty pleasure, I don't think she is an amazing writer. or anything though.

I quite liked The Book Theif. I am have just been reading my boyfriend's collection of Terry Goodkinds Seeker books. I have read the first two books, but because of the length, I felt as if it was a chore. Terry Goodkind seems to write about things that don't have any impact on the rest of the story.

I am currently reading Fire by Kristen Cashore, I haven't got far in it, but i'm giving it time. I'm not really stuck into it yet.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I always obsessed over travel books and National Geographic- it let me mentally travel and plot my travel itenerary for in case I ever got rich :doh:

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
The Princess Bride - William Goldman
To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee

KDude

History+of+My+Life+(Volumes+1+3729_b.jpg

(That's unabridged... I just have a smaller version.. hmm.. interesting guy though, with a very well rounded outlook. And not at all like what the typical myths about him sound like. )

6a00c11413e997819d00e398b789cd0001-500pi.jpg

If you like Rock at all, then that's probably the funniest book on the subject.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I am currently reading Three Cups of Tea, by By Greg Mortenson & David Oliver Relin.