I'm curious about ISTPs and trust in general. Loyalty doesn't seem like it would be a very strong ISTP quality seeing as they are so in the moment & commitment seems like it would also be an issue for a type that doesn't want to be tied down. I figure ISTPs are good at keeping secrets & not making unnecessary judgments. These qualities seem trustworthy... but overall ISTPs seem difficult to trust to me. They seem almost constantly distracted from all areas that would require, enforce or value trust. And when they aren't distracted its like they want to keep something from you.
For the ISTPs out there, do you consider yourself trustworthy? And how does that fit in with your independent / "live for now" way of being? Have you had many issues with trust?
I'm curious because I find these traits that I've noticed in ISTPs to be confused with what I'd call red flags for trust... (I'm not saying that they are, or that ISTPs can't be trustworthy. But I would like to understand them outside of my way of thinking.)
- blowing "hot & cold" in relationships.
- always looking for new sensations, excitement, adventures.
- getting antsy when they've been with someone for too long without some new stimuli.
- not expressing what's on their mind... sometimes even when they're asked.
- not offering much about themselves or feedback when someone has revealed themselves to them.
And how difficult is it, as an ISTP to trust someone? Is trust important to you?