• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Do You Think The Type Names Fit?

wolfy

awsm
ISFP Composer Producer
ISTP Analyzer Operator
ESFP Motivator Presenter
ESTP Promoter Executor

I'm interested in why these names were chosen. The reasoning behind it. Sometimes ISFP is put as Producer Composer but I think Composer Producer is best.

I read somewhere it is harder to see the second part, so for an ISFP it is harder to see Producer, anyone find that?

wolfy

awsm
Yeah, I think Composer Producer is pretty spot on for ISFP, wolfy. It is kind of hard to see the producer aspect of it.

That's interesting.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
ha, you've certainly been producing lately.

analyzer operator seems right to/for me.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
the thing is, I can see myself playing all these roles, in the same way I can see parts of myself in lots of type descriptions.

motivator presenter for instance - i can get energetic if i'm trying to push a plan of action - and I create a presentation to go along with it to encourage it.

"composer producer" makes me think:
build and refine some sort of mental construct, then create it

"analyzer operator" makes me think:
watch what's going on and figure it out, then act in it

"motivator presenter" makes me think:
create energy to encourage action and show it off to get others to get them into the action

"promoter executor" makes me think:
have an idea of something, develop a way to show it off, then do it

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
i don't know, i think they fit alright.
i think Operator fits ISTP very well, and Exectuter fits ESTP very well.
i am not sure about ESFP Motivator Presenter, iam not sure that is the best fit.

but honestly i am not too keen on having names for the types, it seems unnesecary.

wolfy

awsm
the thing is, I can see myself playing all these roles, in the same way I can see parts of myself in lots of type descriptions.

motivator presenter for instance - i can get energetic if i'm trying to push a plan of action - and I create a presentation to go along with it to encourage it.

"composer producer" makes me think:
build and refine some sort of mental construct, then create it

"analyzer operator" makes me think:
watch what's going on and figure it out, then act in it

"motivator presenter" makes me think:
create energy to encourage action and show it off to get others to get them into the action

"promoter executor" makes me think:
have an idea of something, develop a way to show it off, then do it

Yeah, I like your descriptions.

i don't know, i think they fit alright.
i think Operator fits ISTP very well, and Exectuter fits ESTP very well.
i am not sure about ESFP Motivator Presenter, iam not sure that is the best fit.

but honestly i am not too keen on having names for the types, it seems unnecessary.

Fair enough, I don't see the need for names in general but the names here, verbs, gave me some clarity on what the types do. As opposed to Artist and names like that.

ha, you've certainly been producing lately.

analyzer operator seems right to/for me.

Haha, good point. I was reflecting on how I really didn't know I'd produced so many threads, then I remembered how I'd read somewhere you typically have a hard time seeing the second part of the name.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Haha, good point. I was reflecting on how I really didn't know I'd produced so many threads, then I remembered how I'd read somewhere you typically have a hard time seeing the second part of the name.

Is the "you" in that sentence refer to the actual person who is being described? Or outsiders?

As in, composer producers have a hard time seeing their own production? Or outsiders have a hard time seeing the production?

Both?

wolfy

awsm
Is the "you" in that sentence refer to the actual person who is being described? Or outsiders?

As in, composer producers have a hard time seeing their own production? Or outsiders have a hard time seeing the production?

Both?

Composer Producers have a hard time seeing their own production. But others can see it more clearly. It doesn't seem that ISTP have a hard time seeing themselves in the operator sense though.

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
Actually analyzer operator is not intuitive to me. Like, I think it needs a context, and maybe something to compare to in order for it to make sense.