123 Last

Thread: ISFP questions

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Talking ISFP questions

I have a few questions that I wanted to ask my fellow ISFP's, because I'm curious to know if others react to certain situations the way I do. There just aren't a ton of ISFP's or threads about ISFP's, but I'm still curious about my mates. So feel free to answer the questions below.

How do you react to conflict?

Do you ever feel like your not understood?

Do you care how others see you?

Whats the biggest struggle you have being an ISFP?

What is your current occupation/study?

What other types to you generally relate to?

I think thats all I have for now. Others are more than welcome to ask questions. I'm sure we wouldn't mind asking
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Depends, but I typically become very detached and objective.

Not really.

Yes and no. I realise that others view of me can influence things, and I want to put my best foot forward. I'm not overly attached to how others perceive me though.

I don't know. Nothing that is really specific to ISFP. Staying organised, keeping the monkey off my back?

I teach kids English and I work in the gym.

All SP and various individuals of other types. I find SP easiest to understand.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I want to run and hide when conflict comes, but I know that'll make a problem worse. I try to deal with problems as they come with all the wisdom I can, but I'm not quick with the toungue so I often leave things out that I later regret.

I don't know if I feel missunderstood, or if I feel like people don't TRY to understand me. Probably the later.

Well, I care about my reputation and I try to keep all negetivity away from me.

I'm not able to really express myself verbally and that tends to kill some relationships with me. I'm working on it.

Right now I'm just floating around. I am trying to get into a college near me and major in graphic design and minor in journalism. Maybe do some fashion design, who knows.

So far, I have no idea. I talk to a few SJs. I haven't really talked to SPs. The NF's are really great ;D
    NT's are a combination of yay and ow.
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    I'm not able to really express myself verbally and that tends to kill some relationships with me. I'm working on it.
    You seem really talkative on here. Are you quite irl?

So far, I have no idea. I talk to a few SJs. I haven't really talked to SPs. The NF's are really great ;D
    NT's are a combination of yay and ow.
    Every last ISFP I've known has been genuinely kind, patient, and loyal. So do you find that you click best with SJs, just like a good SP is supposed to?
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    Every last ISFP I've known has been genuinely kind, patient, and loyal. So do you find that you click best with SJs, just like a good SP is supposed to?
    Well, I think I relate to them so well because not only is my mother an ISFJ but my younger sister is too. But of coarse that really allows me to see the the flaws in their thinking as well. So, yes I work well with them [at least thats how they've brain washed me]

Oh yes, I'm actually really quiet IRL. But like I said, thats because nobody I know is really interested in hearing what I have to say, so I've learned to just not talk. Living with 2 ISFJ's an ENFJ and an ENTP doesnt always unsure that they'd understand my sparks of creativity and the thoughts I have.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Well, I think I relate to them so well because not only is my mother an ISFJ but my younger sister is too. But of coarse that really allows me to see the the flaws in their thinking as well. So, yes I work well with them [at least thats how they've brain washed me]
    Hahaha.

Oh yes, I'm actually really quiet IRL. But like I said, thats because nobody I know is really interested in hearing what I have to say, so I've learned to just not talk. Living with 2 ISFJ's an ENFJ and an ENTP doesnt always unsure that they'd understand my sparks of creativity and the thoughts I have.
    Well that's not good.:steam: What kinds of things do you want to say that they aren't interested in hearing?
    My ex was an ISFP. He was super quiet almost always, but around me he was a total goof. He still wasn't really talkative, but he would do things that were so incredibly goof ballish. It was hilarious. He had so much to express, but he did it through action. He liked to draw, a lot, and he was great at it. He also wrote letters a lot. Something about the spoken word...but still, he was very expressive. Do you express yourself through art or written words better than through talking?
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    Well that's not good.:steam: What kinds of things do you want to say that they aren't interested in hearing?
    My ex was an ISFP. He was super quiet almost always, but around me he was a total goof. He still wasn't really talkative, but he would do things that were so incredibly goof ballish. It was hilarious. He had so much to express, but he did it through action. He liked to draw, a lot, and he was great at it. He also wrote letters a lot. Something about the spoken word...but still, he was very expressive. Do you express yourself through art or written words better than through talking?
    Well, I've always had questions or thoughts that invade my mind. I maybe curious about something or my heart is really on fire about a topic and I try to talk about it [especially to my mom] and she ignores me. Either that or she gets really angry that I'd ask such questions about my faith or how I think and such. I almost feel like I'm an idiot every time I try to express verbally towards anyone. So I gravitate towards art in expression. I draw, I write stories, I dance. I do alot of graphic designing and I'd really love to write my own script. So yes, art and writting is deffinatley how I get those things out.
    See, I can be really goofy and I know I have a great sence of simple humor. I'm not afraid to make a fool out of myself and I'll do almost anything [as long as its legal]. Sadly, I'm horrible at making friends. I always end up with people who treat me like trash, so I've learned to walk alone.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I go into thinking mode, and listen carefully while also trying to come up with solutions, I'm always looking for solutions and getting to the heart of things, hate arguing for it's own sake. If someone is really annoying me (not often) I get all cocky and smartarse.

I don't know, I'm probably not understood but I don't think about it much so it doesn't bother me.

Depends on my mood I think sometimes very much and sometimes not at all.

Growing up trying to reconcile an ISFP kind of way of life within a very SJ family environment.

Accounts.

I like the NFs, I think if there was a place somewhere between NF and SP that would be me.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Growing up trying to reconcile an ISFP kind of way of life within a very SJ family environment.
    This is my current problem. ISFJ mom and ENTP dad. Where the heck do you fit into that??

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I find that my personality is kind of all or nothing, if I am my true self then I am really cheeky and playful but growing up I think a lot of people found that obnoxious so I closed off a lot (and still do). I am quite content being the quiet one regardless.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations