User Tag List

First 23456 Last

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Even within archetypes, there is going to be alot of variation. I guarantee you all ESTPs are not like me. But, I think it wise and a mark of good character to extend to all the benefit of the doubt based on the one thing we all have in common: OUR HUMANITY. All humans are capable of great good and evil. You don't know who is going to do what until you gain some exposure to them in the course of your involvement with them, be it platonic, romantic, academic, or professional. People will live up to your LOWEST expectations of them.
    ^^I agree. We should concentrate on empathy and understanding and NOT on stereotypes...or even MBTI, becase in the end, it's a very rough guide indeed.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Heart&Brain View Post
    Last in line is my lovely ESTP (it seems so far) daughter of 13. Completely disinterested in boys and sex, unlike some of her SFP-girlfriends (!). Quite guarded in general with respect to all that dating and crushing and stuff. Very very artistic - her artteacher finds her things 'not made by a child but an artist' and very very crazy when she lets herself loose in safe environments. Strong attachments to the select few, strong ethics like her grandmom and great-grandmom, but not in a feely, tormented way like me. More in a no-nonsense way: people doing bad things simply loose her respect. I'm curious to see how her love life will develop, but my guess is that it'll be no-nonsense as well. Guarded until a great guy comes along and then she'll more or less stick with him.
    Can't see her with an ISTJ though, but what does a mom know...?
    Aww, I'm an elementary school teacher and I have a special place in my heart for ESTP children -- they are such little charmers!

Also, I can't say that I know tons and tons of ESTPs, but reading over some of the posts made me think of my female ESTP friend who has been in two long-term committed relationships. She did like to play the field quite a bit when she was single in between relationships, but when the right guy came along she switched easily into commitment mode.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

My boyfriend is an ISFJ and I love him more than I thought myself capable.

He's mellow and not easily ruffled. I need a soothing influence in my life. I absolutely cannot be with another high-strung person. We would murder each other.

He's not only lets me talk, he listens. Whether I'm prattling on and on about some ridiculous thing or I'm upset and verbally vomitting all over him, he gives me his absolute and undivided attention and doesn't interrupt me. In fact, he says that he finds my talking soothing because he doesn't feel pressured to say anything.

He's stable. He's secure. He would do anything I ask. I never have to worry about where I stand with him. He's like the sun and I just sort of orbit around him, ha.

He laughs at all of my jokes. I have a bawdy, esoteric and generally WTF sense of humor. The fact that he not only understands it but also LIKES it feels wonderful.

He thinks all my little inconsistencies are cute. 'Nuff said.

MBTI
    ESTP

I have no problem with commitment. Although I love my freedom.

It is comforting to know that there is always somebody for you, but I do look for somebody that can let me live my life. On my own.

Looks don't matter. Before growing up a little, I would have said they do, but I realized it is irrelevant as long as your partner doesn't look like a potato bag.

MBTI
    ESTP

I never, ever in my life "looked for short term partners." I have very high standards when it comes to dating/overall attraction (physical, intellectual, spiritual, etc.) and I never cared for pursuing the life of a "player." Any girl I dated I asked her out and she had a full shot at the title. If things didn't work out that way then no harm no foul. I don't know where you get your assumptions of ESTPs.
    I felt compelled to make this my virgin post because I recently fell victim to the rather negative stereotype ESTPs have in relationships. I got involved with a MBTI-worshiping ENTJ which has driven me to research what all the fuss is about. In the very preliminary stage of this relationship, with no founded reason he insinuated that I was just "fitting him in" (pun intended? ha) between other love interests I supposedly had. So this is my attempt to free ESTPs, the wrongly accused.

So as far as qualities that can be misinterpreted as promiscuous, I find extreme pleasure in tactful flirtation. It's a fun challenge of wit and intellect. To me, I see it as creative expression I have always been attracted to those who can handle innuendo and keep their cool. It's a test, and I have incredible respect for people who challenge me and resist making it painfully obvious they're smitten. I WANT you to beat me at my own game. This may be why I'm fascinated by the puzzle that is an ENTJ...wholly immune to infatuation!

I also love when someone is eager to just GO. Life is fun and enthusiasm is infectious. Being able to give and take activity suggestions with a good attitude is my favorite quality in a person. I've dated a few ISTJs, supposedly a good fit, but I found them needing too much convincing to go out and explore.

When in a relationship, I'm extremely passionate and committed. But as Halla mentioned, standards are high so I don't waste time with things that I don't find worthwhile. I'm social and have no problem initiating conversation and finding common ground with pretty much anyone. But in looking for people on my level, there becomes two categories: relationships that work, and relationships that don't. Some you can find the answer quicker than others. Practically speaking, if you feel disinterested, why would you stay? I am honest with myself; if I am unhappy, I leave. Given effective communication, it baffles me how anyone could fault you for how you feel.

So, this is my condensed list of what attracts me:

1. Chemistry
    2. Mutual activity
    3. Down to earth point of view
    4. Respect
    5. A degree of autonomy

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Pillows View Post
    I felt compelled to make this my virgin post because I recently fell victim to the rather negative stereotype ESTPs have in relationships. I got involved with a MBTI-worshiping ENTJ which has driven me to research what all the fuss is about. In the very preliminary stage of this relationship, with no founded reason he insinuated that I was just "fitting him in" (pun intended? ha) between other love interests I supposedly had. So this is my attempt to free ESTPs, the wrongly accused.

So as far as qualities that can be misinterpreted as promiscuous, I find extreme pleasure in tactful flirtation. It's a fun challenge of wit and intellect. To me, I see it as creative expression I have always been attracted to those who can handle innuendo and keep their cool. It's a test, and I have incredible respect for people who challenge me and resist making it painfully obvious they're smitten. I WANT you to beat me at my own game. This may be why I'm fascinated by the puzzle that is an ENTJ...wholly immune to infatuation!

I also love when someone is eager to just GO. Life is fun and enthusiasm is infectious. Being able to give and take activity suggestions with a good attitude is my favorite quality in a person. I've dated a few ISTJs, supposedly a good fit, but I found them needing too much convincing to go out and explore.

When in a relationship, I'm extremely passionate and committed. But as Halla mentioned, standards are high so I don't waste time with things that I don't find worthwhile. I'm social and have no problem initiating conversation and finding common ground with pretty much anyone. But in looking for people on my level, there becomes two categories: relationships that work, and relationships that don't. Some you can find the answer quicker than others. Practically speaking, if you feel disinterested, why would you stay? I am honest with myself; if I am unhappy, I leave. Given effective communication, it baffles me how anyone could fault you for how you feel.

So, this is my condensed list of what attracts me:

1. Chemistry
    2. Mutual activity
    3. Down to earth point of view
    4. Respect
    5. A degree of autonomy
    Great post!
    Really nice to have you here!
    If you need me to kick that ENTJ in the nuts for you just let me know.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    INFp

Great post!
    Really nice to have you here!
    If you need me to kick that ENTJ in the nuts for you just let me know.
    Halla did you experience what Pillows was talking about with your INFJ? I have a hard time imagining INFJs being good at flirting. . .

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post
    My boyfriend is an ISFJ and I love him more than I thought myself capable.

He's mellow and not easily ruffled. I need a soothing influence in my life. I absolutely cannot be with another high-strung person. We would murder each other.

He's not only lets me talk, he listens. Whether I'm prattling on and on about some ridiculous thing or I'm upset and verbally vomitting all over him, he gives me his absolute and undivided attention and doesn't interrupt me. In fact, he says that he finds my talking soothing because he doesn't feel pressured to say anything.

He's stable. He's secure. He would do anything I ask. I never have to worry about where I stand with him. He's like the sun and I just sort of orbit around him, ha.

He laughs at all of my jokes. I have a bawdy, esoteric and generally WTF sense of humor. The fact that he not only understands it but also LIKES it feels wonderful.

He thinks all my little inconsistencies are cute. 'Nuff said.
    I have an ISFJ friend who's exactly like that for me. It's rather amazing.

You're supposed to be with your perfect match according to Keirsey theory, btw.

I definitely need someone that will just sit there while I talk a million miles a minute but I also want someone who will communicate well, two aspects which are often hard to find in the same person. My ISFJ friend doesn't communicate her feelings well, at least irl. And when we fight it's explosive. I say what's on my mind right away and it's often harsh and brutal (I have to tone it down a bit beforehand) and she's squeamish but very emphatic at the same time. Or at least that's the way it seems over the net or via text, etc. In real life I can read facial expressions and hear her tone of voice which I rely on to a ridiculous degree, so I know where she's coming from better. Her plain text conversation isn't that well developed and she ends up saying things which sound incredibly sarcastic and hurtful and I get defensive and sometimes make cutting remarks in return, only to get sick of it and say I'm coming over, and when I get there see how vulnerable she really is and when I hear her explain stuff then it makes so much more sense to me.

Any of this sound familiar?
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    People who say they are or are not looking for a relationship baffle me. How is this something you can control??? Yet I hear these phrases a lot!
    I agree that the concept of looking or not seems moot because love tends to find you on its own schedule, and looking or not looking is just what you do in the meantime.

However, with online dating, you can kind of passively be looking whether or not it proves fruitful. That's the only way I've ever "looked" because otherwise I make no effort, besides being "open" to the idea.

I know STPs who've done online dating too. I suppose that counts as "looking" for them. I imagine ESTPs to utilize as many outlets for meeting people as they can.

From the ESTPs I've observed, they seem to seek out connections with people in general, and like to interact with a variety of personalities. That's why they are stereotyped as often being in sales. I can't think of one ESTP I've known who didn't always have a love interest in the picture, even if it was not yet a relationship or they never intended it to be.

To me, they have pretty basic standards: they want someone attractive, fun and who has similar goals/standards in life. From an idealist perspective, they don't seem to over think these matters, which can be both good and bad.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFP

I was thinking today that over the past year there are really only two girls that have really caught my attention- an ESTP and an ISTP (but too young). I guess xSTP's just really catch my interest.

The ESTP girl I asked on a few dates but it never went anywhere after that. We kept in touch off and on for about 6 months, mostly because we both love sports and share some friends. Anyway, we've reconnected the past couple months but I was hesitant to take it any further given our past. It's a weird situation because it looks like we're dating and even others have asked if we're dating but we aren't. There's definitely a connection there, even if she's not really into dating the same way other girls are. I think I've found out the problem- ESTP's can you tell when someone fancies you? - PersonalityCafe

She probably didn't even realize I was asking her out before. It probably didn't help that her English wasn't good when we first met (she's French). I now realize I just need to be very direct and ask her straight up. I like her now just as much as the day we met a year ago. I've had other girls come and go in my life, but none like her.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger