First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Good sex?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    If someone has balls and a penis, there's nothing to debate.
    Whatever, dude.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    When she chooses dates -
    pretty much what Athenian 200 said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    [SIZE="7"]
    Athenian, I never, ever in my life "looked for short term partners." I have very high standards when it comes to dating/overall attraction (physical, intellectual, spiritual, etc.) and I never cared for pursuing the life of a "player." Any girl I dated I asked her out and she had a full shot at the title. If things didn't work out that way then no harm no foul. I don't know where you get your assumptions of ESTPs.
    It was wrong of me to ASSUME so much without actually asking the opinion from a ESTP regarding this subject.
    I imagined and has observed otherwise,

BUT,
    Halla is an ESTP. So i should rather believe what he says regarding ESTP needs when it comes to relationships than assume, imagine and coming up with my own theory.

So i guess i was wrong.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    It was wrong of me to ASSUME so much without actually asking the opinion from a ESTP regarding this subject.
    I imagined and has observed otherwise,

BUT,
    Halla is an ESTP. So i should rather believe what he says regarding ESTP needs when it comes to relationships than assume, imagine and coming up with my own theory.

So i guess i was wrong.
    Hello Curzon. I have no issue with you or your comments. You have never been offensive toward me before, and I give you the benefit of the doubt in assuming your comments were more along the lines of "thinking out loud" than any pre-existing contempt toward ESTPs.

Athenian, on the other hand, has made several ignorant and derogatory remarks about ESTPs and Sensors in general (as Jaguar pointed out) several times over many months.

Please think of the following. Factor out MBTI type completely from the human phenomena. What stereotypes remain? Are all guys dogs or players? Are all old people stubborn? Are all Muslims fanatical fundamentalists? Obviously not. There is alot of variability in human, and many of the phenomena that (unfortunately) do contribute to the formulation of stereotypes are grouped into MBTI archetype/type descriptions.

Even within archetypes, there is going to be alot of variation. I guarantee you all ESTPs are not like me. But, I think it wise and a mark of good character to extend to all the benefit of the doubt based on the one thing we all have in common: OUR HUMANITY. All humans are capable of great good and evil. You don't know who is going to do what until you gain some exposure to them in the course of your involvement with them, be it platonic, romantic, academic, or professional. People will live up to your LOWEST expectations of them.

No need for you to apologize, really. If I sounded harsh please forgive me, but I'm tired of the unwarranted, hateful and ignorant outbursts about ESTPs/Sensors from Athenian. By his own admission he doesn't know the types of those real people that have done bad things yet he assumes them to be ESTPs. It's non-sense, and it's rude.

Have a nice day!

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

This is a bit off topic, but I have to admit that Keirsey's description of ESTPs made them sound scary and con-artist-like, to me. But...the ESTPs on this site seem really cool, nice and with-it. I'm not saying that to suck up to anyone, by the way I'm not sure if I've known any in real life but my impression of ESTPs from here is very good. Including their views on relationships.

I'm an INFJ so there might be a bit of that fatal attraction at work too. Having been either attracted to or involved with emo boys and intellectuals in the past, with very little success, I suspect I may have moved on to bad boys. (well, if any of them would take notice of me...)
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad
    This is a bit off topic, but I have to admit that Keirsey's description of ESTPs made them sound scary and con-artist-like, to me. But...the ESTPs on this site seem really cool, nice and with-it. I'm not saying that to suck up to anyone, by the way I'm not sure if I've known any in real life but my impression of ESTPs from here is very good. Including their views on relationships.
    I think generally ESTPs are no-bullshit people so they don't seem the type to purposely pull one over another with malicious intent. Unless they're unhealthy, maybe, but then who is pleasant when they are unhealthy anyway. Maybe it seems that way due to their competitive nature. But they are not, generally-speaking cruel people.......... Hm.

Question for ESTPs (or other people who feel qualified to answer): what's your take on mind games?

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    1. Love/Sex
    2. Companionship
    3. Quality Time (Fun)
    4. Respect
    5. Peace and Quiet
    Quote Originally Posted by mwv6r
    - physical chemistry
    - me "getting" his sense of humor
    - good conversation
    - intelligence
    Thank you!

Any more descriptions, people? Perhaps a more in-depth description of the people you've dated/married? What happened? Why?

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post

I'm an INFJ so there might be a bit of that fatal attraction at work too. Having been either attracted to or involved with emo boys and intellectuals in the past, with very little success, I suspect I may have moved on to bad boys. (well, if any of them would take notice of me...)
    I can see the con artist description of an ESTP IRL, but with a ESTP type its not the fact that they are trying to be con-artists. We(people not type related) can come across as certain people that we are not trying to be as our intent is different, but the actions come across the same.

What you see on here from STP's is the intent of the person as opposed to how it comes across.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    I can see the con artist description of an ESTP IRL, but with a ESTP type its not the fact that they are trying to be con-artists. We(people not type related) can come across as certain people that we are not trying to be as our intent is different, but the actions come across the same.

What you see on here from STP's is the intent of the person as opposed to how it comes across.
    Wise way of putting things.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Twixt View Post
    Question for ESTPs (or other people who feel qualified to answer): what's your take on mind games?
    The quickest ticket out of my life is playing mind games with me. If you hate me then treat me like you hate me. If you love me then treat me lovingly. But if you tell me you love me then do hateful shit towards me, that is a first degree mindgame, and punishable by excommunication from the Church of Halla. Everyone gets 1 get out of jail free card, after that I'm done. I'm too busy for such tomfoolery.

MBTI
    ENFP

Not an ESTP myself, but I know and hold dear a couple of them: my wonderful grandmother is ESTP, (84) married the village beau (ISTJ) at 21, divorced him at 44 and met the love of her life, an ISFP. She loved his unorthodoxy and warm humour but didn't want to live with him due to "men my age expect to get serviced and I'm sooo done with that!" She was heartbroken when he died 10 years ago.
    84 years, two men. Hardly 'uncommitted' me thinks...

Next ESTP is my ex-motherinlaw, 67. Housewife, bright and very, very artistic. Sculpture, pottery, oil, aquarel etc. Does exhibitions. Completely uniterested in boys until an ISTJ came by and claimed her when she was 17. She liked his determination and stability, hated that he wouldn't dance and found it really weird what all the kissing was about... They are still married.

Last in line is my lovely ESTP (it seems so far) daughter of 13. Completely disinterested in boys and sex, unlike some of her SFP-girlfriends (!). Quite guarded in general with respect to all that dating and crushing and stuff. Very very artistic - her artteacher finds her things 'not made by a child but an artist' and very very crazy when she lets herself loose in safe environments. Strong attachments to the select few, strong ethics like her grandmom and great-grandmom, but not in a feely, tormented way like me. More in a no-nonsense way: people doing bad things simply loose her respect. I'm curious to see how her love life will develop, but my guess is that it'll be no-nonsense as well. Guarded until a great guy comes along and then she'll more or less stick with him.
    Can't see her with an ISTJ though, but what does a mom know...?

- edit: she'd LOVE to identify with that 'PEST' rabbit too. She doesn't mind being a pest - actually will be rather proud of it!