User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: Competitiveness

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Actually, I hate competition. Its not fun at all to me. If anything I'm tough on myself but I usually know I cant beat anyone xD
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

i am pretty competitive, i really enjoy it, i get a lot of satisfaction and energy from competition with somebody.

but i get very upset when people try to compete with someone who is not interested or not competitive. it annoys me a lot.
    so i only like competition with someone who is very actively competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    There is a positive to competitiveness I think. When you compete you learn. I remember learning in martial arts that both the winner and loser get a good lesson. Both people win, if they have the right mindset.
    i agree.
    competition also leaves me with a unique sensation of acomplishment, even if i loose. it's a unique kind of experience and acomplishment that you can't feel just on your own. it takes the involvement of another person.
    i like to match myself up against another person, because it takes a lot of control out of the equation, it pits you against something entirely outside of your self. something you can't control or influence the way you can control yourself.
    i really enjoy having to adapt to things outside of my control.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Everyone has such spot on posts. I agree with most of them. I will do my best to win and if I do that then I don't really care if I lose.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

I'm very competitive. I like winning, but I hate losing even more. I don't understand when people say "I don't care who wins, I just want to have fun." It's fun to win, and it's not fun to lose. Besides, the very point of most games is to win. I especially enjoy trying to prove people wrong who underestimate me.

This doesn't mean that I'm a killjoy, or one of those people who turn into dicks and aren't any fun to play with. I just don't have any shame about trying to win and don't understand why there is a social stigma about appearing to care too much.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    When someone else's talent is obviously much better than mine, I don't bother. It's not fun for me to play to lose. I like playing against people who are on about my level.
    Actually, if that is the reason you don't like competing, aren't you really just trying to not lose? That is actually very competitive, even more competitive than people who try to win, as they do see the possibility of losing as an acceptable outcome.

For me personally I used to hate competing with others as well. It's only later when I understood that losing is okay then I started competing with others.
    Check out my blog: http://OrnateRitual.com

MBTI
    ENTP

i dont care about it. when i find myself tricked into a competition, i usually just walk away once i realize whats going on. seriously, who cares? what a waste of time.

its mostly women who do this to me. women are always trying to compete against each other and "one up" each other to fill their own ego and self esteem. its so annoying.
    She talks pretty but says mean things

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Heinel View Post
    Actually, if that is the reason you don't like competing, aren't you really just trying to not lose? That is actually very competitive, even more competitive than people who try to win, as they do see the possibility of losing as an acceptable outcome.

For me personally I used to hate competing with others as well. It's only later when I understood that losing is okay then I started competing with others.
    I'm trying to have fun. Playing to lose (because they have much greater talent than mine) against competitive people isn't fun for me. Playing against talented people just for fun...that's fun. It's a time when I can improve on my skill-set, it all remains light hearted... There's a time and place for being competitive and a lot of competitive people are *always* competitive. I just don't care that much.

Maybe that explains how I'm not competitive better...idk.
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I'm very competitive when I intentionally set out to be and when everyone involved is aware that there's actually a competition-and have agreed to participate. I don't like being unexpectedly pitted against other people, and in most instances, prefer cooperation to competition. I like competing with myself more than anything.

When I was younger, I was socially competitive and then later became very career ambitious. At the same time, I always felt that academic competition cheapened the learning experience. I just wanted to learn for the sake of it.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

It depends for me. In music, I'm not competitive at all. In cycling, I'm very.

MBTI
    STP

I have never been competitive. Even when I was in martial arts I was more about pushing my body to my limits each and every time instead of competing against someone else. The sparing wasnt about winning but improving my reflexes, responses, etc. I was more about pushing myself till I was about to pass out. Still push myself this hard just because I enjoy it. The past couple of years I started to weeze if I push myself to hard so I have had to back off slightly.
    Im out, its been fun