• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Behaviors of good ISTP boyfriends/husbands?

seamaid

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't know if this is a weird question, but here goes anyway:

How does a good/healthy/happy ISTP boyfriend/husband behave toward his girlfriend/wife? In private? In public? I'm very interested in the 'in public' behavior.

I don't think an answer like, 'we'd be just like any other 'good' boyfriend' would work, because
well, ISTPs don't think like NFs. For example, a good ENFP boyfriend might write tons of gushy emails, but I don't think an ISTP would even if he was 'in love'. But then I might be wrong. Let me know.

Just honest and real answers please. Thanks.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In public? Spontaneous, gregarious and I like to have fun. Keep it light.

seamaid

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
And say, in party situations? Do you act as a couple or almost like separate individuals? To give an NF-NF couple example in a party, it would be very clear to others through body language, etc. that they were obviously 'together'.

seamaid

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Because it makes them feel good? Warm, loved, fuzzy?

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
And say, in party situations? Do you act as a couple or almost like separate individuals? To give an NF-NF couple example in a party, it would be very clear to others through body language, etc. that they were obviously 'together'.

well, mine is not technically my boyfriend... we've been seeing each other for only a month now... but the way he treated me in party situations is one of the reasons that i like him!

i love to flit around and meet new people, and he seemed to be good with this. we mostly just do our own thing... but still keep an eye out for one another. he won't cling to me cause he is socially stable, but i never feel abandoned or like he doesn't want to be with me either. it's perfect.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Separate individuals... Funniest experience of a date at a party.

My girlfriend was flitting about having a good time and took her top off.

Then one of her friends came outside where I was hanging with some dudes, got really upset with me and said, "You should make her stop. She's had too much to drink."

"No I shouldn't...leave her alone, she's having a great time." :D

thinkinjazz

MBTI Type
ENFP

Then one of her friends came outside where I was hanging with some dudes, got really upset with me and said, "You should make her stop. She's had too much to drink."

Wow it's great that you guys have so much faith in eachother (or at least you in her)!

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow it's great that you guys have so much faith in eachother (or at least you in her)!

By the time I was ready to come back indoors and chill...she was passed
out under the pool table. So I took her for a drag. :)

seamaid

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
This is very illuminating. Thank you, guys.

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP

HAHAHA! yeaaaah. what's ur GFs type?

reminds me of how i was talking to this one dude and my male ESFJ friend goes up to ISTP and is like "you should save her from that, dude!" and ISTP catches eye contact with me and responds, "looks like she's fine"... but ESFJ is like "dude! no! she is not fine!" and ESFJ comes over and interrupts my conversation... basically taking over.

i am like "ISTP.. what. was. that. ?!?!" ISTP: "i told him i thought you were fine." ME: "I WAS FINE!" haahha. and we both look over and ESFJ is talking it up with the dudes playing my unwanted savior.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What type is she?

ESTP, that was several years ago...and we had a ton of fun.

But, there was a lot of conflict over my need for space and downtime.

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
ESTP, that was several years ago...and we had a ton of fun.

But, there was a lot of conflict over my need for space and downtime.

recently, i told istp, "i can hang out all the time! i don't even know what space is!! yay!!"

his matter-of-fact response was: "i am always trying to get away from girls."

i don't really know why he told me that. hahah. seemed kind of tactless or like he almost forgot who he was talking to for a second. i can't even count it as him trying to send me a subliminal message... cause it really just seemed like he was talking out loud.

still, seems he doesn't mind hanging out with me. and we talk what i would term A LOT considering his type.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

reminds me of how i was talking to this one dude and my male ESFJ friend goes up to ISTP and is like "you should save her from that, dude!" and ISTP catches eye contact with me and responds, "looks like she's fine"... but ESFJ is like "dude! no! she is not fine!" and ESFJ comes over and interrupts my conversation... basically taking over.

i am like "ISTP.. what. was. that. ?!?!" ISTP: "i told him i thought you were fine." ME: "I WAS FINE!" haahha. and we both look over and ESFJ is talking it up with the dudes playing my unwanted savior.

That's an interesting life story, and thanks for sharing... I'll bet if you weren't fine and called he'd been right there.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
recently, i told istp, "i can hang out all the time! i don't even know what space is!! yay!!"

his matter-of-fact response was: "i am always trying to get away from girls."

i don't really know why he told me that. hahah. seemed kind of tactless or like he almost forgot who he was talking to for a second. i can't even count it as him trying to send me a subliminal message... cause it really just seemed like he was talking out loud.

still, seems he doesn't mind hanging out with me. and we talk what i would term A LOT considering his type.

Maybe it was an off the cuff compliment. ;)

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
Maybe it was an off the cuff compliment. ;)

when he said that i was like "oh." and he was like "i mean, i didn't mean you.. i mean.."

and i was like "so basically this is like when you said looking at me makes you sick?" (reference when i wasn't feeling well one day and he commented on it)

and he's like "yeah." and then he karate chopped me.

hahaha.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i love to flit around and meet new people, and he seemed to be good with this. we mostly just do our own thing... but still keep an eye out for one another. he won't cling to me cause he is socially stable, but i never feel abandoned or like he doesn't want to be with me either. it's perfect.

This matches me pretty good, I am not a party person, but I have no issues with my wife talking to anyone or just having fun. Her talking to women or men really doesnt bother me as long as she is enjoying herself.

I am like this, I generally just sit back and watch, I can tell when things become not fine and then I will jump in. I am not the type of person who will just jump in and take over at every possible situation.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I am like this, I generally just sit back and watch, I can tell when things become not fine and then I will jump in. I am not the type of person who will just jump in and take over at every possible situation.

That's me as well, I think I would be pissed of if my girlfriend started stripping at a party.