User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    Hahahahahaa, an ISTP writing a love letter.

I made the horrible mistake of writing an ISTP a love letter poem when I was 19.

His reaction?

Yeah, mortifying, we live and learn.
    I make it a point to tell guys I'm interested in that I hate poetry straight up! I never want to get a love poem ever!!!! One guy thought I was a freak 'cause I didn't like poetry...he also had a lot of feelings. I don't know *what* we were thinking! He didn't understand my general disregard for feelings or anything. Needless to say, that didn't work out! I love it when the guy says he doesn't like poetry either! "Phew! Now he's ok with me and I don't feel like I'm making him suppress his natural emotions or preference for poetry." And even tho I'm upfront about hating poetry, my last ex still wrote stuff for me... I didn't have much to say about it, and I certainly didn't feel compelled to return the words or thoughts or feelings after reading it. Much like ...!

I don't write love letters either. I'll just tell you at some point that I think you're alright.
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    I make it a point to tell guys I'm interested in that I hate poetry straight up! I never want to get a love poem ever!!!! One guy thought I was a freak 'cause I didn't like poetry...he also had a lot of feelings. I don't know *what* we were thinking! He didn't understand my general disregard for feelings or anything. Needless to say, that didn't work out! I love it when the guy says he doesn't like poetry either! "Phew! Now he's ok with me and I don't feel like I'm making him suppress his natural emotions or preference for poetry." And even tho I'm upfront about hating poetry, my last ex still wrote stuff for me... I didn't have much to say about it, and I certainly didn't feel compelled to return the words or thoughts or feelings after reading it. Much like ...!

I don't write love letters either. I'll just tell you at some point that I think you're alright.
    I like poetry. But romantic poetry written to me? That deserves a blank stare. But yeah... I show my affection by punching, rustling hair, and calling you a moron.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    STP

I can do poetry when its in my heart, but its nothing that is really thought out, its just something that happens. I tend to write it and then step back and play with the words to make it sound better without losing the original meaning. Its something that just happens when I am in certain moments internally. I dont sit down and say "I am gonna write a love poem" I would draw a blank for hours if I did that.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    I show my affection by punching, rustling hair, and calling you a moron.
    Hahaha! I love it!
    (My insult of choice is "jerk.")
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

i'm an enfp and i'm anti poetry too.

I show my affection by punching, rustling hair, and calling you a moron.
    same here. +hugs.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I love poetry. I appreciate good art. Only two people in my life have ever inspired me to write. Both instances I never wrote with any intention of giving or showing it to them. However, I gave this poem to my ESTJ ex years after we ended. We never spoke about it since and that's fine by me. Now that I think of it, that's one reason why I showed him. I knew he wouldn't weird out over it.

Regret is the Softest Shade of Pain

Every effort will end with a sigh,
    For we all lie under a comic moon.

Then, throw your kisses.
    With the weight of stone instead of time.

See, when all of your reasoning has been reduced
    To the thinnest trace of its line

We will still be no closer to a truth
    Than when your lips are nearest to mine.

But yeah. Not very ISTP of me. But just goes to show that type doesn't dictate behaviors across the board.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    Hahaha! I love it!
    (My insult of choice is "jerk.")
    Yeah... I might also note that while my "showing affection" implies that I'll call that person a moron, calling someone a moron does not necessarily imply I'm showing affection. They may really just be a moron. But I'm sure everyone here could already guess that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    same here. +hugs.
    Only when alcohol is involved. It usually follows as so:
    Punch --> Apologize profusely --> Bear hug --> Repeat.

I'm really quite a hazard to be around when I'm drunk and I like you. One time I started setting people up... I would hold up both hands for a high five and once they were going in for the high-five, I decked them in the side. Apparently I did this to complete strangers too. So I take that back... I'm a hazard to be around when drunk, period. But if you don't mind violent affection, then go for it.

I'm digressing, aren't I. Well. I'm not sure how male ISTPs act, but I would imagine it's hard for them to give verbal praise as well. Spending time is key.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

I'm really quite a hazard to be around when I'm drunk and I like you. One time I started setting people up... I would hold up both hands for a high five and once they were going in for the high-five, I decked them in the side. Apparently I did this to complete strangers too. So I take that back... I'm a hazard to be around when drunk, period. But if you don't mind violent affection, then go for it.

I'm digressing, aren't I. Well. I'm not sure how male ISTPs act, but I would imagine it's hard for them to give verbal praise as well. Spending time is key.
    yeah, i get karate chopped a lot.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Things I love: Romantic poetry, love letters and ISTP's.

Quote Originally Posted by syckkz View Post
    I made a relationship with an ISFJ/INFJ work for 4 yrs.. which is a HUGE accomplishment for me! So I'm gonna give this a shot.

In private, I am very close to my girlfriend.. I enjoy lots of space, but I enjoy being close just as much. I like more light hearted convo and serious convo about things outside of us (news, thoughts, debates..)... conversations being too emotionally heavy can be VERY draining for me.. but I stick it through for her when it's needed because she needs that from me sometimes.

I enjoy relaxing and hanging out at home with her more than anything. I tell her I love her on a daily basis because I know that she likes to know that and she gets upset when I don't.. and I don't want to have to get the "you don't care no more" talk. I've learned to bend for her because I love her, in turn she tries to not be too emotional with me and gives me my freedom to do things outside of us.

In public.. around other people.. I become very quiet.. I don't usually have much to say to people I don't know very well. I let her go on and do her own thing I prefer to stay in one area and kind of blend into the background.. she thinks I get cold or upset because I don't like to get in there with her and talk a whole lot with her in front of people.
    I just enjoy being in my own space with my own thoughts, if someone talks to me I will be more than happy to try to keep up a conversation.. but that's my idea of enjoying it.
    This is actually desirable behavior in a boyfriend for me and why I love ISTPs.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Socionics
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    It's one of the hardest thing for me to do. Accepting praise, also...to the point where I ridicule their praise of me, and often offend them in the process.