User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Default Male ISTP/ISFP's describe yourself at age 20...

I'm curious to know what a male ISTP/ISFP looks like at age 20. How were you? Intensely quiet? Problems with being taken advantage of by jobs/bosses, girlfriends, etc? Anger issues? Whatever...I'd like to hear.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    IntP
    Enneagram
    =)
    Socionics
    =)

i'm not 20
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

i was pretty wild in my late teens and early 20s. i have really mellowed out a lot. i was kind of a bad stereotype of an unhealthy ISTP. haha!

at 20 i was a highschool dropout with no intention of ever going back to school. i worked lots of different labor and physical jobs, industrial jobs (factories, train yards, docks). and i got fired from lots of jobs for angry outbursts, talking back, arguing, that kind of thing. i moved very quickly from one job to another, and i moved through apartments quickly too. i got into a lot of fights, i enjoyed fighting a lot. i drank very heavily, all day. i drank at work, and i didn't conceal it. sometimes i got fired, but some of the places i was working were so worthless that they didn't care.

most of the time i was very quiet, i was very independant, i didn't spend a lot of time with people. i was actually a pretty nice guy generally, i only clashed and fought with people who rubbed me the wrong way. but i was courteous and polite with most people. i remember i had an older neighbor in one apartment who was taking care of her grandchildren. i liked to play with her grandchildren, and she always used to call me "sweet boy". she was somewhat motherly towards me, but i do feel very bad about it now because i never felt that close to her. she never mentioned my getting in fights.

i was pretty happy honestly, or content, but it didn't take much to make me content. i didn't think about myself much at all, i didn't think about the future or goals or life. i just tended to drift along. i guess that would be the best description of me at 20. like a sailboat with no one steering it. sometimes it smashed into rocks.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I was studying at the time, I was very quiet and content. I had only a few close friends but was polite and respectful to most I met. I spent most weekends in the summer camping, surfing and fishing with my brother and cousin. I was very close to my family and had a great dog that was very loyal.

No anger issues at all, I was calm although at times quite self-concious.

It was a good time, and I was just about to meet my wife.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    STP

I was working 12 hour night shifts, going to school full time, spending time with the girlfriend turned wife(married at 21) and helping my father-in-law remodel his house. I was extremely easy going and very little bothered me. Somewhere I worked in sleep.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Age 20? omfg...I'm not so sure the tape plays back that far.

I was barely making it through college, working a crazy overnite shift on the weekends as a night auditor at a country club. I had my close friends, and I'd go to party's but didn't know quite what to do. i.e. If there were an activity like a game of pool, or dancing I'd enjoy myself...but just sitting around shooting the crap with a group of people? I'd get bored and leave the party with one of my friends, often leaving my girlfriend there to socialize.

I drank like a fish, didn't know what the heck I wanted to be when I grew up; didn't really worry about that aspect much at all...which I tend not to think of the future very often now.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    I was studying at the time, I was very quiet and content. I had only a few close friends but was polite and respectful to most I met. I spent most weekends in the summer camping, surfing and fishing with my brother and cousin. I was very close to my family and had a great dog that was very loyal.

No anger issues at all, I was calm although at times quite self-concious.

It was a good time, and I was just about to meet my wife.
    If you don't mind me asking...how did you act with her initially? Were you the aggressor? Shy?
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

From 18 to 21 I was a bit of a hippy. I travelled any chance I got with my ISTP friend. We went hitchhiking around the country. A lot of drinking and drugs, it was a fun time for the most part.
    I can't speak of that time without talking about my friend, we were a great pair, I carried him emotionally and he literally carried me...back home.
    I spent a lot of time camping, fishing, outdoors but for the most part it was about getting wasted. As far away from civilisation as we could get.
    I didn't think of my career past immediate cash flow. I had an interest in business though, I'd sold home brew in school and tried to start a business selling music, both ended dismally.
    I met my wife when I was twenty, almost twenty one. That kind of settled me down a little.

hmm, I'm about 20. I'm pretty mellow with everybody but I consider myself social at least. I'm studying art in college, and I guess I could say I'm okay with it, but I'm just really hedonistic and it gets me behind on my schoolwork.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Kinda like a puppy. Easily led in whatever direction that something smelled good.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel