User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by KarliJoanne View Post
    mcmartinez84,

you definitely confirmed my speculations. and no, lol, you have not convinced me that feelings are insignificant. but I believe you that you feel satisfied with your answer.

see, it's easy for me to understand why an SJ would see emotions as irrelevant. emotions are messy and disorganized and they like structure and streamlines. But ISTPs are SPs, they thrive on experiences.

how is the way your bacon tastes more or less significant than how a current event makes you feel joyous, or disappointed?

it's not really so much about if other people find your feelings important or not, but how you engage yourself in your experiences, see what I mean?

I think the ISTP's mode of having the "F" word kind of process on the forth wave in the background; is what makes the type so effective, clear headed and one who can be counted on to take the appropriate action in a crisis.

Seems like a useful genetic adaption where survival comes into play.

MBTI
    ISTP

Mmmm, I thrive on adrenaline rush experiences...y'know, by looking death safely in the face from my seat attached to the roller coaster. Whoooosh! Sometimes I pretend the rides are about to break just to make myself nervous on them - especially the spinning swings. I'll find a tree nearby and imagine that I get flung at it and it breaks my crash landing and I live, of course! Or I stare straight at the ground if it's a ride that whooshes close to it and imagine that I'm about to smack into it.
    Spinning swings like this:

I think my feelings aren't particularly messy since they're usually so simple. I *do* think that they complicate the heck out of life, though. I mean, I see drama queens left and right, just falling apart over stupid stuff that if they just thought about for a minute wouldn't be a problem. (Was that insensitive of me? Sorry! )
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

Talking about feelings isn't a pragmaticality, imo. Exploring my feelings, thoughts and actions are. When I am feeling, thinking or doing something, and I'm unsure of why or if I should be, I'll go someplace alone where there is a lack of external stimuli. I meditate, contemplating the feeling, thought or action, and work out one(or several) map(s) of contiguities from which that feeling, thought or action may have originated. For simple or common experiences, this exercise may be instantaneous, but for complex problems it may take quite a bit of time.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

YouTube - Fat kid on rollercoaster. Funny shit. Must watch

This is some funny rollercoaster scrit.

Permabanned

My soccer team is full of bullshit drama, people yelling at each other wanting to fight each other...I'm def leaving next session. I hate unnecessary drama.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I hate unnecessary drama.
    +111111111111111
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeLogic View Post
    Talking about feelings isn't a pragmaticality, imo. Exploring my feelings, thoughts and actions are. When I am feeling, thinking or doing something, and I'm unsure of why or if I should be, I'll go someplace alone where there is a lack of external stimuli. I meditate, contemplating the feeling, thought or action, and work out one(or several) map(s) of contiguities from which that feeling, thought or action may have originated. For simple or common experiences, this exercise may be instantaneous, but for complex problems it may take quite a bit of time.
    I was trying to take this thread seriously again an comment, but all the words are blurring together on the page and I see bacon... everywhere. Damn you people. Anyways, instead, I'll just agree with the above. And also say yes, I frequently discount certain feelings if I don't find them valid or practical... or even if there's no way I can fix it.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    YouTube - Fat kid on rollercoaster. Funny shit. Must watch

This is some funny rollercoaster scrit.

HAHAHHAAH! his fat almost burst through the seatbelt.

Permabanned

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    That kid has his "cookie" priority in order. Obviously, an ISTP.