User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Pancreas View Post
    ISTP Mission: Change topic from feelings to bacon.

I actually feel kind of uncomfortable right now talking about how I don't talk about my feelings.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by KarliJoanne View Post
    Wow!! thanks for all the responses!

My ISTP is just like that! He feels thirst/hunger/turned on/fatigue etc with such intensity, but when it comes to more complex feelings, he seems to simply not entertain them.

I'm going to speculate something... do ISTPs allow these sorts of feelings to affect them because there is a direct way to address them? Does that make a feeling valid for an ISTP? Do ISTPs ignore their emotions because they think they are invalid, or somehow not important?
    Feelings are just irrelevant to anything I ever need to do. (Focus on the word "need".) Basically they aren't important. It doesn't matter how I feel, life will still go on. People aren't going to spontaneously combust because I disregard my emotions.

When I form an opinion on something, it's really simple...such as "do I like it?" Moooooost of the time, that's as far as it goes. Who really cares beyond that? What difference does it make how I feel about it? Hardly any. So why bother investing brain power in something that has little-to-no consequence? Moving on!

Ok, did I do a good enough job making feelings seem insignificant?
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

I cannot speak for other people, however most of the time I just feel even flow...not really aware of any paticular emotions?

If I do start feeling out of sorts, sometimes it's like...ok where in the heck is that feeling coming from? Or if I get angry and *explode* it's usually a culmination of several events I might not have "registered."

My closest friend is an ISTP, and there was an evening he called me up to discuss an upsetting situation with his relationship. My heart started pounding so hard he could hear me stressing...in silence.

What was ironically funny about the situation, there I was thinking...ok, dude's upset but he won't tell me where he is, and then the thought occurred to me. He can't talk to me face to face, not on something so close to him.

Wasn't until latter it occurred to me I'm exactly the same way.

So, generally I'm not aware of any feelings except for a nice even flow bliss.
    But when an ISTP does experience an emotion it's typically intense? Bursting into tears doesn't seem to be an uncommon occurance for an ISTP male.

But it's a very rare situation where someone else is a witness to it.

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    Feelings are just irrelevant to anything I ever need to do. (Focus on the word "need".) Basically they aren't important. It doesn't matter how I feel, life will still go on. People aren't going to spontaneously combust because I disregard my emotions.

When I form an opinion on something, it's really simple...such as "do I like it?" Moooooost of the time, that's as far as it goes. Who really cares beyond that? What difference does it make how I feel about it? Hardly any. So why bother investing brain power in something that has little-to-no consequence? Moving on!

Wow, you're so cold, like a fridge.
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

You brought home the bacon!

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    Wow, you're so cold, like a fridge.
    I've been called worse

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    You brought home the bacon!
    And thanks sLiPpY!!
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

I've been called worse
    And it just bounces off huh? Well that could be fun... Still even fridges have a warm motor powering it.
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~

MBTI
    ISTP

And it just bounces off huh? Well that could be fun... Still even fridges have a warm motor powering it.
    Haha, I suppose! It makes for a very free way of life
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

So do ISTP's, that's why so many people are magnetically drawn to us.

MBTI
    ISFP

mcmartinez84,

you definitely confirmed my speculations. and no, lol, you have not convinced me that feelings are insignificant. but I believe you that you feel satisfied with your answer.

see, it's easy for me to understand why an SJ would see emotions as irrelevant. emotions are messy and disorganized and they like structure and streamlines. But ISTPs are SPs, they thrive on experiences.

how is the way your bacon tastes more or less significant than how a current event makes you feel joyous, or disappointed?

it's not really so much about if other people find your feelings important or not, but how you engage yourself in your experiences, see what I mean?