• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTPs and their feelings...

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
mcmartinez84,

you definitely confirmed my speculations. and no, lol, you have not convinced me that feelings are insignificant. but I believe you that you feel satisfied with your answer.

see, it's easy for me to understand why an SJ would see emotions as irrelevant. emotions are messy and disorganized and they like structure and streamlines. But ISTPs are SPs, they thrive on experiences.

how is the way your bacon tastes more or less significant than how a current event makes you feel joyous, or disappointed?

it's not really so much about if other people find your feelings important or not, but how you engage yourself in your experiences, see what I mean?

I think the ISTP's mode of having the "F" word kind of process on the forth wave in the background; is what makes the type so effective, clear headed and one who can be counted on to take the appropriate action in a crisis.

Seems like a useful genetic adaption where survival comes into play.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
Mmmm, I thrive on adrenaline rush experiences...y'know, by looking death safely in the face from my seat attached to the roller coaster. Whoooosh! Sometimes I pretend the rides are about to break just to make myself nervous on them - especially the spinning swings. I'll find a tree nearby and imagine that I get flung at it and it breaks my crash landing and I live, of course! Or I stare straight at the ground if it's a ride that whooshes close to it and imagine that I'm about to smack into it.
Spinning swings like this:
Family_Swing_Ride.jpg

I think my feelings aren't particularly messy since they're usually so simple. I *do* think that they complicate the heck out of life, though. I mean, I see drama queens left and right, just falling apart over stupid stuff that if they just thought about for a minute wouldn't be a problem. (Was that insensitive of me? Sorry! ;) )

LEGERdeMAIN

Talking about feelings isn't a pragmaticality, imo. Exploring my feelings, thoughts and actions are. When I am feeling, thinking or doing something, and I'm unsure of why or if I should be, I'll go someplace alone where there is a lack of external stimuli. I meditate, contemplating the feeling, thought or action, and work out one(or several) map(s) of contiguities from which that feeling, thought or action may have originated. For simple or common experiences, this exercise may be instantaneous, but for complex problems it may take quite a bit of time.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
My soccer team is full of bullshit drama, people yelling at each other wanting to fight each other...I'm def leaving next session. I hate unnecessary drama.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Talking about feelings isn't a pragmaticality, imo. Exploring my feelings, thoughts and actions are. When I am feeling, thinking or doing something, and I'm unsure of why or if I should be, I'll go someplace alone where there is a lack of external stimuli. I meditate, contemplating the feeling, thought or action, and work out one(or several) map(s) of contiguities from which that feeling, thought or action may have originated. For simple or common experiences, this exercise may be instantaneous, but for complex problems it may take quite a bit of time.

I was trying to take this thread seriously again an comment, but all the words are blurring together on the page and I see bacon... everywhere. Damn you people. Anyways, instead, I'll just agree with the above. And also say yes, I frequently discount certain feelings if I don't find them valid or practical... or even if there's no way I can fix it.

LEGERdeMAIN

I was trying to take this thread seriously again an comment, but all the words are blurring together on the page and I see bacon... everywhere. Damn you people. Anyways, instead, I'll just agree with the above. And also say yes, I frequently discount certain feelings if I don't find them valid or practical... or even if there's no way I can fix it.

I'm sure it's easy for a cyclops to mistake serious comments for bacon.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Curious what position you play; I always played either fullback or stopper.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Curious what position you play; I always played either fullback or stopper.

soccer? I never heard of those terms.. I'm good on midfield or defense ...i also play forward I can play position really I'm best at midfield though.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
soccer? I never heard of those terms.. I'm good on midfield or defense ...i also play forward I can play position really I'm best at midfield though.

stopper is midfield, and fullback is a defender closest to the goal

Might be a regional type thing?

Midfield is my favorite.

jixmixfix

Permabanned

Midfield is my favorite.

I have an ISTP friend who is really good at soccer his best position is also midfield haha.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
yeah, that seems like ISTPs. ISFPs hate drama too. I guess we just have private internal drama

I can say one thing, I get along well with ISFPS when we are chillin and having a good time. But in intense situations I can't understand them at all. They seem to get more emotional, and ignore their logic when the pressure is on.

jixmixfix

Permabanned

Midfield is my favorite.

I'm canadian...maybe those are American terms where are you from?