User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    istp

Not terribly hard for me to talk about, but I have a difficulty explaining them to most people.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    Not terribly hard for me to talk about, but I have a difficulty explaining them to most people.
    What if I tugged on your ears and offered you a chewy rope toy?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ViCyniC View Post
    Time and trust. It depends on the nature of the person as observed by me.

Also, conversation while focused on something else or being active. Not face to face.

You said it all in two sentences.

All this talk of baked goods...but the way to my heart is through bacon ....mmm....bacon.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    You said it all in two sentences.
    All this talk of baked goods...but the way to my heart is through bacon ....mmm....bacon.
    Yep
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    it is the same for me. when i talk about feelings the thing i struggle with most is trying to describe/explain them in the best way possible. as accurately as possible. when i talk about feelings i like to talk about exact, specific feelings, exactly what is being felt. so i want to know the person and i are talking about the exact same thing.

oh god, bacon. forget cake and cookies. bacon and steak.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    it is the same for me. when i talk about feelings the thing i struggle with most is trying to describe/explain them in the best way possible. as accurately as possible. when i talk about feelings i like to talk about exact, specific feelings, exactly what is being felt. so i want to know the person and i are talking about the exact same thing.
    Yes. Also, it's hard to talk about them because if I'm talking about my feelings about a particular situation or person I'm talking about that particular situation or person. I handle every situation differently. So my feelings or emotional decisions vary dramatically. Because people vary dramatically.
    Maybe it's my own paranoia but I feel that a lot of times people hear me speak about my feelings about one thing and "cut and paste" it too other things in my life. I think they want me to be predictable about emotional decisions. And I'm not. I don't like to be typecasted into any role. This is why I don't talk about emotional things that much. Because for me to do so, I would need to explain my thought process about everything behind it and it's just too exhausting. Much like reading this post must be.

oh god, bacon. forget cake and cookies. bacon and steak.
    What's funny is that we wrap bacon around other food to make it better -bacon wrapped steak?! Yes, sir! That's how awesome it is!
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Yes. Also, it's hard to talk about them because if I'm talking about my feelings about a particular situation or person I'm talking about that particular situation or person. I handle every situation differently. So my feelings or emotional decisions vary dramatically. Because people vary dramatically.
    Maybe it's my own paranoia but I feel that a lot of times people hear me speak about my feelings about one thing and "cut and paste" it too other things in my life. I think they want me to be predictable about emotional decisions. And I'm not. I don't like to be typecasted into any role. This is why I don't talk about emotional things that much. Because for me to do so, I would need to explain my thought process about everything behind it and it's just too exhausting. Much like reading this post must be.
    i completely agree! great post!
    although with just the right person, when we are on the same page and understanding each other, then i actually do enjoy talking about emotions. it can be envigorating.

Maybe it's my own paranoia but I feel that a lot of times people hear me speak about my feelings about one thing and "cut and paste" it too other things in my life.
    that is something i worry about too. it bothers me a lot.

MBTI
    STP

What's funny is that we wrap bacon around other food to make it better -bacon wrapped steak?! Yes, sir! That's how awesome it is!

I agree so much to the bolded parts

MBTI
    ISTP

ISTP Mission: Change topic from feelings to bacon.

MBTI
    ISFP

Wow!! thanks for all the responses!

My ISTP is just like that! He feels thirst/hunger/turned on/fatigue etc with such intensity, but when it comes to more complex feelings, he seems to simply not entertain them.

I'm going to speculate something... do ISTPs allow these sorts of feelings to affect them because there is a direct way to address them? Does that make a feeling valid for an ISTP? Do ISTPs ignore their emotions because they think they are invalid, or somehow not important?