• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] On Fear

wolfy

awsm
Your thoughts.

This is my last thread today. In Japan nobody does market research. The theory is put a product out and pull the ones that don't sell. Nobody knows, try a lot of stuff and see what works.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
A wise man once said:

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
another wise man once said:

"there is no fear for the wide-awake"

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Warren Buffet say, "Act when others are fearful, be cautious when others are comfortable.'

wolfy

awsm
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Bene Gesserit: Litany Against Fear. Dune

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Fear is the awareness that we live in a world beyond good and evil.

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Fear is the awareness that we live in a world beyond good and evil.

I liked this alot.

He who loses wealth loses much; he who loses a friend loses more; but he that loses courage loses all.-Cervantes

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The only thing to fear is fear itself.

sculpting

Your thoughts.

This is my last thread today. In Japan nobody does market research. The theory is put a product out and pull the ones that don't sell. Nobody knows, try a lot of stuff and see what works.

Fear is not real. It is nothing more than a hormonal signal that pain may be felt soon. Once you mentally prepare and accept the reality of pain, fear is now undefined and irrelevant, thus can be excluded.

The japan approach would be expensive however my guess is they have a more intuitive, common sense approach to understanding the market need. They can "see" what the customers need. Perhaps due to the more collective, societal focused mindset, it is a more homogeneous population base to develop for.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I do not fear death, therefore I have no fear.

Because I have no fear I am at peace and can exert my best efforts in all I do.

If you truly do not fear death, then you have no fear, and can do anything you put your mind to; you have the ability to master the eternal here and now.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
My response to most situations that scare others is an adrenaline spike, not counting fear regarding an emotional topic. But for situations involving immediate, direct stimuli, the adrenaline rush is a heady experience and makes me wish to do it (fighting, jumping from heights, speed) again. This is why I avoid fighting. I go to a zenic place when I use my body and am in tune with it, one where I don't have to think.

Fear oftentimes makes me aware of something I should move toward and conquer, for I will be more secure in myself afterward regardless of the actual outcome.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have learned to fear pain. It has been an implacable foe.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP

Because I have no fear I am at peace and can exert my best efforts in all I do.

If you truly do not fear death, then you have no fear, and can do anything you put your mind to; you have the ability to master the eternal here and now.

Sometimes when I think about how ridiculous the medical industry is...I think about how it wouldn't be an industry at all if we didn't fear physical pain or death! Fear of the unknown is pretty much what drives human behavior.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Psalms 23:4

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Psalms 23:4

Yup!

That which does not kill you makes you stronger.
Don't forget Ezekiel 25:17... :D

lamp

Have you considered fearing other things? Fear of not living your life in an acceptable (to you) manner?

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Bene Gesserit: Litany Against Fear. Dune
mmmm I so wanted to post the litany against fear

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yup!

That which does not kill you makes you stronger.
Don't forget Ezekiel 25:17... :D

Ah yes, He will do all my biddings. There's no reason to fear :D

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Have you considered fearing other things? Fear of not living your life in an acceptable (to you) manner?

Hey lamp! I have considered this and am not at issue with the concept, because I have chosen the big picture of my path in life, and I am confident in my ability to fine tune things as I need to in real time as I move along on the space/time continuum. I am truly at peace. Thanks for asking though. :)

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I fear some things, I love the ocean but I also have a respectful fear of it, a healthy fear I think. Fear exists for a reason, it doesn't often control me but I definitely listen to it. I fear that I may somehow hurt others, I'm glad I have that fear.