Thread: On Learning

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    The help online is alright, but it's not quite as easy or clear cut as some people telling me straight up and giving me some of their experience for an example.
    That's interesting as I tend to turn to online or book help first, I'm quite introverted and I'm more inclined to be overwhelmed when someone is explaining something whereas when it's on paper I can sit down to reread and process it at my own pace. I suppose I'm definitely not an auditory learner.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    That's interesting as I tend to turn to online or book help first, I'm quite introverted and I'm more inclined to be overwhelmed when someone is explaining something whereas when it's on paper I can sit down to reread and process it at my own pace. I suppose I'm definitely not an auditory learner.
    I guess I should also note that it's gotta be the right person to ask questions. I've got an ENTP who drives me nuts when he tries to answer anything at all. The INTJ thinks I'm retarded and is really just bad at helping unless you have questions with a specific kind of answer (like "What kind of RAM should I get for this new computer build?"). Honestly, I think he's really hard to work with.

I work well with ESTPs. We understand each other. We can easily tell the other that we don't understand something, tell them to back up, explain what we were confused about...it all just makes sense with them! The ESTP is good at explaining things to me without making me feel stupid. (And I hate it when some NTs or Js make me feel like a moron...)

Anyway...that's about it. I *do* like to read up on something a little bit to get the general idea and then dive into asking questions to learn about it.
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    IntP
    Enneagram
    =)
    Socionics
    =)

i learn best the night before an exam
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by man View Post
    i learn best the night before an exam
    That's the way to do it, even better, wake up at 5 in the morning to do all the learning you didn't do an entire semester!

How I go about learning - well, I totally hate having to learn stuff by heart.
    I love maths and stuff like this, because you practically don't have to learn anything by heart.
    Examples are good at times, but mostly I don't have difficulties in understanding things at a theoretical level.
    If I don't get something, I try to research it. Generally, if the teacher can't explain it well enough, that's better than asking 70 times.