User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Tactics

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    When in a volatile situation move back to a detached position and weigh the variables.
    So true! Whenever I look back on an error I made it's because I didn't do this.

Do it when you get the urge or you'll fall prey to the law of diminishing intent.
    Oh yeah.

When you eat junk food make sure it is the best tasting junk food. Don't mess around with so-so junk food
    I have the same philosophy with liquor.

When you are drunk and the room spins, put one foot on the floor and the other on the wall and it'll stop.
    But then I would have to take the foot out of my mouth to do so.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by une_autre View Post

*Speak up for yourself, as much as possible without breaking any of the above. Of course, adapting is key, so do what the situation requires.
    My failure to do this one tends to get me in a hole.

Good advice.

And thanks Halla and Rhino.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    But then I would have to take the foot out of my mouth to do so.
    I've made that mistake before. Your foot on the floor and your hand on the wall.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I love tactics more than tactics love strategy where one sees tactics work like cogs in a wheel. Consider remembering one tactic alone will likely fail if it is not soon incorporated into an overall strategy.

The hardest tactic for me is the tactic : "Don't upstage the boss." I have seen many people become victims to their own hubris (including myself) and fail to take heed to this tactic. Its a daily fight for me.

The best tactic: Remain formless (flexible, the ability to backpedal with impunity, not allowing the opponent(s) a toehold on you)

The newest tactic I am applying: Be fearless (this doesn't mean being a boastful bonehead or being a bully; what it really it means trusting yours mind when it knows what is right to do next...and pushing those obsticles (second guessing, apprehension and fear) behind you as you boldly enter into action.

Even if you have to wear a timid or hesitant "gameface" consider being fearless...always.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    I'll probably piss on the door handle of his Lincoln and call it finished.

Reminds me of Occam's razor.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Good bits about the thumb and other joints, Halla. I'll keep that in mind.

*Keep a legal weapon in your car at all times. Not for road rage, but for road ragers.*

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Oom View Post
    *Keep a legal weapon in your car at all times. Not for road rage, but for road ragers.*
    Wise counsel!

MBTI
    INTP

Which weapons count as legal vs. illegal? Are there special laws/considerations like if the gun is under the seat, it's considered a concealed weapon bla bla bla etc.?

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post

Reminds me of Occam's razor.
    Funny, my neighbor reminded me of Hanlon's razor.

Regarding the weapon thing, I'm fairly certain that a loaded pistol in your car is illegal nearly everywhere if not everywhere in the US. Most states have laws that a gun can not be transported loaded. Some go further to state that the ammo has to be in a separate compartment from the firearm it goes to - for instance, ammo in the glove box, pistol in the trunk, or in a trunk lock box.

Firearm transport laws aren't something to screw with, big penalties.

Mace/pepper spray (or a taser, perhaps) is probably useful in the most common situations people encounter. The little can lacks intimidation factor though, compared to a big ass knife for instance, or a chrome .45. Most* disputes people encounter (road rage, domestic, mentally ill, perhaps extended to muggings) won't involve the necessity of actually blowing a chunk off their body off/killing them. A load of burn in the face will end it well enough.

*Emphasis here is on the most commonly encountered scenarios and not on the most dangerous.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    Which weapons count as legal vs. illegal? Are there special laws/considerations like if the gun is under the seat, it's considered a concealed weapon bla bla bla etc.?
    Haha! I was referring to baseball bats and at least keeping your tire iron within reaching distance.