User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Aren't you a bit young to have held a supervisory position? Nevertheless, more power to you.
    Yeah. I've worked a lot of positions in a variety of industries over the last eight years. Is it just me, or are ISTPs the stereotypical "Jack of All Trades, Master of None?"

I've done everything from manage a restaurant to building custom windows to graphic design. Fun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by hotmale View Post
    I like ISTPs a lot. Despite their reputations as the most introverted of all introverts- they are pretty good socially, make great conversion and have perfect social propriety. They tend to dress really well, make good analysis on abstract subjects and only need to be taken to a place once, before they remember how to get there again.

Their weakness is that due to their inability to articulate their feelings and wants, that they often become codependent on people who make decisions for them, especially overbearing people who are overly emotional and hysterical. Therefore, they are chronically dissatisfied because they feel trapped in situations in which they feel they have no control over- yet they rather be in that situation than be alone.

For an ISTP to be happy- they need to be around others who give them independence- and let them make their own decisions and bring out the best in them.

Overall they are very cool people, can make conversation with anyone they meet, tidy, well- dressed, ethical and filled with a sense of duty. They make really great co-workers and friends because you know you can depend on them to be consistent.
    Hah, my fiance is an ESTJ.

I think I would mostly agree with your analysis, but not the "overly emotional and hysterical" part. Most of my interactions with that sort have remained fairly distant, due in large part to our mutual distrust and drastic miscommunication.

But otherwise, yeah. My closer relationships tend to be with more decisive, plan-oriented people (ENTP mother, INTJ father, INTJ best friend, ESTJ fiance) who balance out my more laid-back, plan-avoiding personality.

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by SahlainAnteth View Post
    Yeah. I've worked a lot of positions in a variety of industries over the last eight years. Is it just me, or are ISTPs the stereotypical "Jack of All Trades, Master of None?"

I've done everything from manage a restaurant to building custom windows to graphic design. Fun stuff.
    Yep.

I'm 26 and started working at 18. Since then I have been: waiter, tour guide, tram driver, supervisor assistant, help desk tech, desktop support tech and now network security admin.

MBTI
    ISTP

I get bored VERY easily.... it kinda sucks.

MBTI
    INTP

ISTPs ROCK!

/fluff

MBTI
    LOCK
    Enneagram
    8w7

ISTP is DEFINITELY the best type! They are calm in tense situations, and that means they never lose control. And most of all, someone in Slam Dunk (anime) also has this type (He's my current Anime Crush)

MBTI
    ISTP

Is it just me, or are ISTPs the stereotypical "Jack of All Trades, Master of None?"
    Though ofttimes better than master of one.
    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade View Post
    Are you trying to sound like Yoda?

What exactly are you asking(in normal English)?
    Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    *scattering done beforehand not to waste space* "If the Scat Man can do it, brotha, so can you!" BABABADABO Skeebibididiyodadadum ZizSazouiiscatbobliboobizizizScoobydoobyscoobydoom elody! I'm the Scat Man...." *sccccattttttt*

MBTI
    LOCK
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Rhadamanthus View Post
    Though ofttimes better than master of one.
    What do you mean?

Sahlain: Maybe yes, and maybe no. MBTI doesn't affect trades or something like that, IMAO

MBTI
    INTJ

test post

MBTI
    INTP

My best friend is an ISTP. He's great in a crisis and a genius with anything mechanical. In conversation he adds a balancing concrete element to all my abstractness.
    Likes Xena liked this post