User Tag List

First 210111213 Last

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    when I call he will do anything to help me out even if it means he has to get up 3 or 4 hours early and go in to work at 3 in the morning so he can get off in time to help me, and not complain once. They dont ever make you feel like you are burdening them, even if you need them because you screwed up.

this is exactly what my husband does for my kids - and somethimes he's knackered and he still does it - i'm really glad you value him
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Maya Angelou

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    They dont ever make you feel like you are burdening them, even if you need them because you screwed up.
    This reminds me of something I talked about way back... an INTJ and myself were talking about Ayn Rand and objectivism, and I said that INTJs were not so good at living up to that mentality. They still had a sort of entitlement thing going on a lot of the time - less than most types, often unhealthily low... but I said that it seemed like (not in type terms, but...) ISTPs were among the most who, when they do something, just do it because they do it.

Not to say that sometimes doing something and not being noticed doesn't irritate me, but it's so far down the list that I had to be doing it to be noticed in the first place for it to annoy me.

uhh... This just reminded me of that. Either way, this dynamic happens a lot between my wife and I, where sometimes I don't appear grateful enough for her gratefullness for something I did for her

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    ...ISTPs were among the most who, when they do something, just do it because they do it.

Not to say that sometimes doing something and not being noticed doesn't irritate me, but it's so far down the list that I had to be doing it to be noticed in the first place for it to annoy me.
    I'm almost always like that! I usually do things to do them, rarely ask for anything in return (and if I do, it's probably months later and usually something small).
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

deleted

Socionics ENTP-ISTP relation:

They usually have no problems in understanding each other or each other's objectives, at least when these objectives are only on paper. When it comes to fulfilling joint plans, partners often fail to co-operate. The ENTP hardly listens to the ISTP, concentrating more on the sound of their own voice. However, the ISTP does not get upset about this and they often seem to find a way to adapt to it. They usually have many topics for conversation and these conversations do not seem to be boring.

Especially those of a different in gender can show interest in each other, which is multiplied if in addition they find each other attractive. However, when they feel like they are half way to complete understanding, one of them usually does something, not deliberately of course, that ruins all established harmony putting the partners right back to where they started.

They cannot stay upset with each other for a long time. After they have calmed down, they attempt to get closer to each other again which unfortunately leads to another stumble. For the observer, these relations may seem really passionate and loving. ENTP-ISTP relation can be compared with the moth and the flame.

If not taken seriously, these relations can produce a little periodical shaking, keeping the partners "awake". They are also full of contrasts: from being happy to see partner again to sudden disappointment and bewilderment.

...pretty vague if you ask me

says nothing about drinking buddies.

deleted

I also agree with all the good things about ISTPs, how they're underrated and kept secret. My ISTP is insanely good at theory, but likes practical use of it, even if its in designing systems for people.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
    I also agree with all the good things about ISTPs, how they're underrated and kept secret. My ISTP is insanely good at theory, but likes practical use of it, even if its in designing systems for people.
    shit after reading this thread you guys make me feel like a million bucks...

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    One really cool trick is where you put Drano in a small Gatorade type bottle (the stiffer the plastic, the bigger the boom) and well you... oops You can see he's rubbed off on me.
    [/LIST]
    You ever put Aluminum Foil in a container of toilet bowl cleaner? I tried that once, and all the fumes would make the bottle expand, and expand, and then BOOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Winz View Post

You're probably right.. I don't see the INTJ. At all. You know who else is probably ISTP? Ironman and Dr.House <3

NO IRONMAN IS NOT ENTP, GO HOME. <3
    Agreed, agreed, and... perhaps.

Wolverine-- definitely.
    Robert D. J.'s interpretation of Iron Man-- yes.
    House... he does have an N/J-ish quality to him sometimes, but the way he has to get to his answers through listening to other people bounce things around is the same way I do it. I tend to be a very auditory learner and for some reason hearing people speak about something helps to tumble out all the disparate information rattling around in my brain. And then there's his bike--my INTJ best friend wouldn't really care about a motorcycle at all. Just not something that would register. I, on the other hand, would love to have one (my husband thinks I'd kill myself. )
    So yeah, maybe House.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

We're interesting, you've gotta give us that.

In 4th grade we had show and tell; my grandpa had just killed a deer, so I asked to watch the dis-assembly. I thought it was so cool that I asked to take the skull/brain and a de-skinned leg showing the motion of the leg muscles & tendons. Again, I thought it was awesome. My teacher, however, asked that I not bring that again.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by jnel302 View Post
    We're interesting, you've gotta give us that.

In 4th grade we had show and tell; my grandpa had just killed a deer, so I asked to watch the dis-assembly. I thought it was so cool that I asked to take the skull/brain and a de-skinned leg showing the motion of the leg muscles & tendons. Again, I thought it was awesome. My teacher, however, asked that I not bring that again.
    hahahaha