User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

i met an ISTP through a friend. they worked together at a title (real estate) place and we used to chat over AIM and make fun of our mutual friend haha. we'd been chatting online for about 3-4 yrs. i started liking him on and off (the more consecutively i talk to him) because he's funny, smart and cuz i admire him. anyway, he's majoring in psychology at uni, working full time, is a drummer in 6 thrash/grindcore type bands, has practices, recordings and tours and has to do homework. i think it's admirable that his life's so active, not sure how he keeps it all going. i finally met up w/him a few wks ago and it was cool. we just watched a few funny shows on dvd and the big lebowski. i think i've reached a point where i'm kinda in as a good friend, but i'd like to be and even closer friend so we can end up hanging out more often (when he has time) and possible date damnit lol 3-4 yrs is a long time for me to have idealized him, being an NF and all and i just want to get to know him in person now and either get closer or move on, but still keep him as a friend. any tips?! i'd gladly appreciate them!

ps: things we have in common, we're both musicians, though i'm not nearly as active as he is in any type of music scene. i play guitar, write my own music/lyrics and mainly have done open mics...haven't found ppl who i see eye to eye on music or connected with. i think we can both appreciate art and practicality/common sense. he knows a lot about me and my past w/guys seeing that he was the person i'd go to for advice on guys, not sure that's a good or bad thing ha. he's managed to open up to me and tell me some personal things about him, though i know i've spilled more info than he has.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by SahlainAnteth View Post
    Yeah. I've worked a lot of positions in a variety of industries over the last eight years. Is it just me, or are ISTPs the stereotypical "Jack of All Trades, Master of None?"

I've done everything from manage a restaurant to building custom windows to graphic design. Fun stuff.
    No it's the type. Based on a BBC type study, ISTPs-Resolvers are more prone to change jobs than any other type. Like the INTP, ISTPs have also been the type to say they're unhappy with their current job. I think the difference is ISTPs can be quite short sighted in realizing how their actions affects others, so they don't stay if they feel the urge to leave. Also STPs in general will not stay in a job for the sake of security, which is where we differ from STJs. As for "jack of all trades", I understand that Ti dominance makes this type more prone to limiting their choices without a good development of their auxilary. So they become specialized.
    Last edited by "?"; 03-28-2008 at 12:35 PM.

MBTI
    INFP

Another INFP in praise of ISTPs here. Their friendship is a lot like our love: hard to earn, lasts and lasts, unconditional. When it works both ways, this can be a very "tight" (as in lasting, not constricting) bond. And when we're all the patient, IxxP listeners we typically are, the communication isn't half-bad either. This combo can really enjoy life together & have a lot of fun. I know one INFP/ISTP couple who've been married for years and are among the most humorous, sensual, happy people I've seen.

That enough love for ya?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    But it's true in general that IxTx tend to be the most "unfriendly" type. Like you come in and they go ...
    Just reading that made me want to go .
    Kinda funny though.
    Coffee isn't my cup of tea.
    Samuel Goldwyn
    |R|CueI INTP

MBTI
    ENFJ

Smile ISTPs as friends

I've got to say I'm finding that to be true. I've made an ISTP friend and have found that it took almost a year to establish the friendship, conflict of interest work stuff, etc. but time and a lot of persistent effort on my part to cultivate a friendship with him has paid off. We had a misunderstanding this weekend (I'm an ENFJ, so bound to happen) and he handled it so nicely, kind of teasing, light and I felt all conflicted inside and I expected him to just say--crap---too stressful, bye bye, but instead it was fine and felt so rewarding.

""Their friendship is a lot like our love: hard to earn, lasts and lasts, unconditional. When it works both ways, this can be a very "tight" (as in lasting, not constricting) bond"

MBTI
    INFP

I'm just gonna throw it out there that Wolverine is probably an ISTP. Enough said.
    He's not an INTJ at all. Don't even think of suggesting it. I know you want to. But you would be so wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I'm just gonna throw it out there that Wolverine is probably an ISTP. Enough said.
    He's not an INTJ at all. Don't even think of suggesting it. I know you want to. But you would be so wrong.
    Hmmm... depends on who's writing. I'll throw out Tony Stark/Iron Man as an xSTP candidate.

MBTI
    istp

No, Tony Stark/Iron man is an ENTP.

Quote Originally Posted by SahlainAnteth View Post
    Hmmm... depends on who's writing. I'll throw out Tony Stark/Iron Man as an xSTP candidate.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    I never got very good booms from it... draino has the side effect of heat generation, which reduces the containment strength. Good for killing plants though

You can get a much higher boom from baking powder and vinegar. It takes a while to get the right ratio (well, it did before I knew chemistry ) and get a good timing mechanism so that you can... close it and run... But it's actually more effective than almost anything else you can get your hands on. Except the really dangerous stuff.

The advantage is that it is non toxic. The weak point is still the cap that gives. If you duct tape the cap, you can actually get a pretty impressive effect - the only drawback is that you need a really really good timing system... and this works better for the 2l bottles so that you can get enough pressure to actually blow the bottle up (this is harder than you think... and believe me, when they don't blow, you really don't want to get close.)
    We discovered that we got a louder boom out of a stiffer bottle, hence the small Gatorade bottles... like the Vitamin Water bottles.

MBTI
    INFP

I always have thought my son was ISTP. Since coming here I'm more inclined to think he's INTP.

But when he was young I used to stand outside of his door on laundry day and dread opening the door because he nearly always had it rigged with a booby-trap and I never knew what was gonna happen when I opened the door.

Edit: And, yes. He is a most loyal son to me.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer