• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] Everyday, I look different. (An ESFP on physical appereance)

defragmybrain

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Is this common of an ESFP? I know anyone can fall victim to being insecure about their physical appereance but, perhaps the emphasis on tangible image and superficial needs makes ESFP's (s's mostly?) more curious to keep their looks as trendy as possible?

I'm not an unattractive person in my eyes. I have a really attractive face. My body needs work, which is a direct result of ESFP indulgence factor (i love food).
I wear clothes that conceal what i don't want to show, but try to look glamorous at the same time. I love make up and all such trivial pursuits.
Perhaps its also a result of my mother raising me to be a good FEMININE little girl, starting with bras make up and hair at 10 years old.

What are your views on physical appereance? What type are you and how do you see yourself?

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well I'm an ISFP and image is big for me. But not because I'm this vain crazy person who has to look good. But because how I dress and do my make up and hair is the way I express myself. Its very much an art for me. So everyday I put work into the way I look because I enjoy it and get pleasure from putting my spin of art on a natural form of art [our natural bodies]. You can say I'm very feminine, but hey. I enjoy being a girl ;)
Not to say that I'm not into the things guys enjoy and such. But I'm a girl and I do enjoy being able to do things that girls do :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i have days like today where i don't even look into a mirror. i'm wearing the tank top i slept in and some yoga pants and then days i feel like putting together a look...they're about half n half.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Ok I'm not really good on this front at all.. I almost never wear makeup and don't really do 'looks'... i mean I will dress up but I have to be forced to do so.. I like just sulking around in casual clothes.... My style is... maybe Bohemian... because it is the look that requires the least efort :D

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
INTP

My clothing is mostly solid colors and no labels or logos. I am usually clean cut looking especially if I am dating someone who forces me to groom properly. Otherwise I don't notice that my hair has become a reincarnation of Richard Feynman's or my current avatar. I deliberately dress inconspicuously.

Coeur

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm an INFP.
My current philosophy: would you rather be self-conscious or happy?
I put effort into my appearance. I wear makeup on a daily basis, brush my hair, try to dress decently, and so forth. I value hygiene. XD However, it is more important to clothe yourself with joy, kindness, generosity, love, virtue, and so forth. How can someone be repulsed by eyes that glow with love, by hands that help those around them, by smiles that fill others with happiness, or by arms that hug freely? The days where I feel unnattractive on the outside are the days where I'm unpleasant on the inside. Whenever I feel "ugly," I try to make up for it with a beautiful personality. It's a lot easier to handle than demanding outer perfection of myself every single day.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESTP, proud as a peacock, always looking as best possible.

Appearance counts for alot in world where much is determined by first impressions.

Some people call it vanity, others call it self esteem. :newwink:

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Appearance counts for alot in world where much is determined by first impressions.

And in a world of peacocks, I'm sure your the one flaunting your feathers :newwink:

defragmybrain

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram

i'm with you on this one...

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFP, and I'm utilitarian. I don't dress very glamorously because I'm cheap. :tongue:

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Unknown fact: You can purchase your whole wardrobe from the clearance section and still be the hottest one in the room ;)
I dont usually buy anything unless its clearance, and I dont buy it unless I REALLY like it. I'm picky and cheap as well, but I KNOW I still look fly ;) You just gotta know how/where to shop.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And in a world of peacocks, I'm sure your the one flaunting your feathers :newwink:

I would never... :whistling:

i'm with you on this one...

Birds of a feather flock together. We're only one letter apart (ESFP/ESTP)! :D

Unknown fact: You can purchase your whole wardrobe from the clearance section and still be the hottest one in the room ;)

I dont usually buy anything unless its clearance, and I dont buy it unless I REALLY like it. I'm picky and cheap as well, but I KNOW I still look fly ;) You just gotta know how/where to shop.

+100! :nice:

This is a damn good quote. You don't have to spend a fortune to look like a million bucks. I'm a big time bargain shopper too, but I only buy really good quality stuff, and I buy classic pieces that will be of utility for more than one season. I might only wear Adidas to the gym, but I guarantee you that I spent no more than $10-15 per shirt/shorts because I shop at outlets and hit the big sales. Also, I go to consignment stores with some regularity.

A few years ago a guy who must have been a big wig executive of some kind lost a ton of weight, and treated himself to a new wardrobe. I'm a bodybuilder, so I know I have to get a full rec-cut on any suit I buy, whether it is new or not. But, if I can find a Hart, Schaffner, Marx suit for $25 at a consignment shop instead of the $400 it costs at Dillards, that allows me to spend $100 on tailoring and make it fit like it should. If I wore off the rack business clothes without getting them tailored I would look like a clown! :yim_rolling_on_the_

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
Do you have the most trouble with trousers? I've known bodybuilders with large quads/hammies that always wore stuff with an elastic waist.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I dunno, I dislike sticking out. You can find me in Athletic clothing, it's the most comfortable. Track pants, sweat pants, random T shirts, etc. I also do jeans and collared T shirts. It's usually one of those sorts of outfits that I'm wearing. It's all from Wal Mart or otherwise a closeout price. :)

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
+100! :nice:

This is a damn good quote. You don't have to spend a fortune to look like a million bucks. I'm a big time bargain shopper too, but I only buy really good quality stuff, and I buy classic pieces that will be of utility for more than one season. I might only wear Adidas to the gym, but I guarantee you that I spent no more than $10-15 per shirt/shorts because I shop at outlets and hit the big sales. Also, I go to consignment stores with some regularity.

Exacally! You can get name brand things too really cheap if thats what you want. But just like you, I love looking for unique pieces of clothing. I try to make sure I'd be able to wear it with other outfits as well or else you cant wear it often. I think alot of people think they cant look good if they don't have the money, but thats rubish. There are lots of opportunities to look good at a great price. I got my prom dress for $20 right after new years when they sell all these awsome dresses for less because of the holidays and stuff. My dress as originally $150. Just gotta know what your doing. :D

Another secret: get pieces of clothing you can mix and match to widen your outfit possibilities. ;) [i think i should just make my own little secrets]

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you have the most trouble with trousers? I've known bodybuilders with large quads/hammies that always wore stuff with an elastic waist.

Pants are the most ridiculous thing for me to find, thou art correct. I have the glutes/thighs/calves of a silverback gorilla, and a 34" waist. I would wear pants with an elastic waist if it didn't show on the outside. I can't bear to wear old man golfer pants with the elastic conspicuously showing on the outer seam of the trouser's waistband. The other thing I hate in pants is pleats. They make you look like you have a puffy bladder. Not very flattering, regardless of your physique. :steaming:

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I dunno, I dislike sticking out. You can find me in Athletic clothing, it's the most comfortable. Track pants, sweat pants, random T shirts, etc. I also do jeans and collared T shirts. It's usually one of those sorts of outfits that I'm wearing. It's all from Wal Mart or otherwise a closeout price. :)

I use to purchase clothing from walmart, but i noticed that for woman the clothes shrink too easily because its a crappy quality. I dont know if its the same for guys. The only thing I purchase from walmart is my food, underwear and socks. Thats it.

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
I agree with how lame elastic bands look on trousers and also think pleats are girly.

My secret though is just being blessed with strikingly good looks.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I feel ya Halla, I've gotta get my button down shirts custom fit to accommodate my chest and shoulders while being slim in the mid section.

Suits are pretty much the same.